Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Byrd and Melanie Billings

Notices

Byrd and Melanie Billings Killed in their home under very strange circumstances - multiple suspects in custody.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 AM
lookin4justice lookin4justice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
Now is the time...

Yes, if you have information about this case, now is the time to act.

The court dates are set for the 6th (docket) and 11th (trial). If you are or know the persons that have been romantically/emotionally linked to certain "victims", now is the time to have them jump up and speak. If you are someone's best friend and you haven't told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, now is the time. You are not protecting anyone by not coming forward with all the mushy details.

And YES, this does include me.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lookin4justice For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 PM
ACandyRose's Avatar
ACandyRose ACandyRose is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4justice View Post
Yes, if you have information about this case, now is the time to act.

The court dates are set for the 6th (docket) and 11th (trial). If you are or know the persons that have been romantically/emotionally linked to certain "victims", now is the time to have them jump up and speak. If you are someone's best friend and you haven't told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, now is the time. You are not protecting anyone by not coming forward with all the mushy details.

And YES, this does include me.
I agree completely that if anybody has information that could further this investigation that they need to come forward. I personally don't buy the Mexican Mafia story because that was too conveniently planted day one to redirect suspicions. Just my opinion.

But I haven't removed suspicions in my mind that Byrd Billings may have been involved in not so up and up business dealings on the side that angered others that resulted in a plan to remove him. Other than a witness, I haven't decided where Melanie fits in as one of the victims.

I do, however, believe there was an insider, perhaps to get a cut of the supposed action, or a disgruntle former employee with friends in wrong places, friends with vendettas.

lookin4justice, there was a former employee, a female with initials that begin with "G". Do you know this person and have any suspicions in that direction?

ACR
__________________
I respectfully ask not to be called "candy" or "rose" as my screen name is ACandyRose (aka ACR)
Remember, when telling a secret, that your best friend may have a best friend who is not your best friend.

Erica Lynn Parsons Missing Timeline (Salisbury, NC)
http://www.acandyrose.com/erica_parsons_timeline.htm

Drew Peterson Trial 07/31/12 (Will he get a 2nd Trial?)
http://www.acandyrose.com/drew_peterson_names.htm
Casey Anthony's 31 Days Timeline Archive
http://www.acandyrose.com/casey_anthony_31days.htm
JonBenet Ramsey Case History Archive
http://www.acandyrose.com/s-Flight755-15thStreet.htm
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACandyRose For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 01-05-2010, 06:35 PM
lookin4justice lookin4justice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
No. That's not saying that person wasn't involved. I just don't have that information. The person I suspect starts with the letter B. That person had the most to gain.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lookin4justice For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 01-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Sanddollar14 Sanddollar14 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4justice View Post
No. That's not saying that person wasn't involved. I just don't have that information. The person I suspect starts with the letter B. That person had the most to gain.
You are talking about the color B, aren't you? So if the marriage was dissolved, B would have been out of the family. Would he have been out of the family in the car business?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Solomisskitty Solomisskitty is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4justice View Post
No. That's not saying that person wasn't involved. I just don't have that information. The person I suspect starts with the letter B. That person had the most to gain.
Is "G" still employed by the family or was there a parting of the ways? If so, when?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-06-2010, 04:55 PM
lookin4justice lookin4justice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanddollar14 View Post
You are talking about the color B, aren't you? So if the marriage was dissolved, B would have been out of the family. Would he have been out of the family in the car business?
Let's just think of it this way...
If you owned a car lot and was selling/financing it to someone not of blood, would that person still own the lot after a divorce? I guess as long as the payments were made. Of course, then the person who was trying to buy the lot would still have to be sure the payments were made in a timely manner. Because it is about business after all. But if that same person hired all his brothers and friends, he may have to make cut backs. And in this bad economy, car lots aren't doing as well as they once were. Plus, next time you needed to borrow money, you may not get the family and friends discount.

BTW by blood, I guess there are lots of not actual blood going around but hopefully you caught the drift.

Last edited by lookin4justice; 01-06-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lookin4justice For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 01-06-2010, 04:56 PM
lookin4justice lookin4justice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomisskitty View Post
Is "G" still employed by the family or was there a parting of the ways? If so, when?
I guess I am not following who G is.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Sanddollar14 Sanddollar14 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4justice View Post
Let's just think of it this way...
If you owned a car lot and was selling/financing it to someone not of blood, would that person still own the lot after a divorce? I guess as long as the payments were made. Of course, then the person who was trying to buy the lot would still have to be sure the payments were made in a timely manner. Because it is about business after all. But if that same person hired all his brothers and friends, he may have to make cut backs. And in this bad economy, car lots aren't doing as well as they once were. Plus, next time you needed to borrow money, you may not get the family and friends discount.

BTW by blood, I guess there are lots of not actual blood going around but hopefully you caught the drift.
I think I get your drift. BM did not want things to change, but could see that happening. It is hard to know what people are capable of doing. Was BM capable of putting the murders in motion?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-06-2010, 09:25 PM
ACandyRose's Avatar
ACandyRose ACandyRose is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4justice View Post
I guess I am not following who G is.
In the original December 25, 2005 news article when the Billings family were first featured, there was mention of an employee named Gwen and the article stated she worked 5 days a week helping to take care of the children.

Is she still working now for the Billings family estate and if not, what happened to her, why did she leave?

ACR
__________________
I respectfully ask not to be called "candy" or "rose" as my screen name is ACandyRose (aka ACR)
Remember, when telling a secret, that your best friend may have a best friend who is not your best friend.

Erica Lynn Parsons Missing Timeline (Salisbury, NC)
http://www.acandyrose.com/erica_parsons_timeline.htm

Drew Peterson Trial 07/31/12 (Will he get a 2nd Trial?)
http://www.acandyrose.com/drew_peterson_names.htm
Casey Anthony's 31 Days Timeline Archive
http://www.acandyrose.com/casey_anthony_31days.htm
JonBenet Ramsey Case History Archive
http://www.acandyrose.com/s-Flight755-15thStreet.htm
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACandyRose For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 01-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Solomisskitty Solomisskitty is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4justice View Post
Yes, if you have information about this case, now is the time to act.

And YES, this does include me.
Have you and the others who share your suspicions gone to the authorities yet to make statements?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Solomisskitty For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 01-07-2010, 10:24 AM
lookin4justice lookin4justice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
There were always people working in the house. The nurses and assistants were changed out periodically for one reason or another. It was not unusual for this to happen.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
lookin4justice lookin4justice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomisskitty View Post
Have you and the others who share your suspicions gone to the authorities yet to make statements?
I have spoken to the police. There is a fine line between suspecting someone and having the thread of eveidence that can actually put them away.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:40 AM
ACandyRose's Avatar
ACandyRose ACandyRose is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4justice View Post
There were always people working in the house. The nurses and assistants were changed out periodically for one reason or another. It was not unusual for this to happen.
I understand what you're saying, people come and go for various reasons.

The reason I was curious regarding this employee referenced as "Gwen" written about in the 12/25/2005 public news article is I wondered if the Billings personally screened their employee applications before allowing them access to the house and children. The halls of the Escambia County clerk of court online records echos repeated colorful entries when a person of this same name is popped into the search feature. With Florida's open records law, it seems like such a valuable tool for pre-screening.

Do you know if the Billings were known to personally hired their assistants themselves say through family or friends recommendation references or did they only use reputable pre-screening organizations that guaranteed only trusted and qualified assistants be considered for employment?

ACR
__________________
I respectfully ask not to be called "candy" or "rose" as my screen name is ACandyRose (aka ACR)
Remember, when telling a secret, that your best friend may have a best friend who is not your best friend.

Erica Lynn Parsons Missing Timeline (Salisbury, NC)
http://www.acandyrose.com/erica_parsons_timeline.htm

Drew Peterson Trial 07/31/12 (Will he get a 2nd Trial?)
http://www.acandyrose.com/drew_peterson_names.htm
Casey Anthony's 31 Days Timeline Archive
http://www.acandyrose.com/casey_anthony_31days.htm
JonBenet Ramsey Case History Archive
http://www.acandyrose.com/s-Flight755-15thStreet.htm

Last edited by ACandyRose; 01-07-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Added information
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACandyRose For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 01-07-2010, 12:33 PM
lookin4justice lookin4justice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
I believe most were qualified nurses assistants or other variety of care givers that came from reputabe places. There were a few household workers that may have come in from personal relationships.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:30 PM
who knew? who knew? is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: So Illinois
Posts: 797
There was a lot of research done on G - her background wasn't the background of a person who was being put in a position of trust. I was one of the people questioning her loyalty. However, I believe BM is a major player in this.

However - my interest is peaked. Was BM involved with someone else - or was AM involved elsewhere? And who wanted the divorce to happen?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Tricia's Avatar
Tricia Tricia is offline
WS Admin Mgr Co-Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: I have survived all the slings and arrows and live in a house filled with Love.
Posts: 14,865
I spoke to lookin4justice today. A very nice and sincere person. I feel very confidant that this poster is 100 percent on the up and up.

Tricia
__________________
`````````````````

THERE ARE NOW TWO TRUE CRIME RADIO SHOWS! LISTEN EVERY THURSDAY TO THE iHEARTRADIO.COM CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE EVERY THURSDAY 8 PM EASTERN

FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE

FOR THE BLOGTALK.COM TRUE CRIME SHOWS CLICK HERE THEN SCROLL DOWN

Join Websleuths on Twitter

Follow websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
 | 





************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
tgrif@xmission.com
6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
Suite H # 214
Park City UT
84098
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 01-08-2010, 11:17 AM
lookin4justice lookin4justice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
Thanks Tricia. It was nice talking to you yesterday. If you ever have more questions for me please just ask.

Last edited by lookin4justice; 01-08-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-08-2010, 11:20 AM
lookin4justice lookin4justice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by who knew? View Post
There was a lot of research done on G - her background wasn't the background of a person who was being put in a position of trust. I was one of the people questioning her loyalty. However, I believe BM is a major player in this.

However - my interest is peaked. Was BM involved with someone else - or was AM involved elsewhere? And who wanted the divorce to happen?
Yes, Yes, Both. At the time of the murder, they were "working on it." MB was big into the making it work thing but also a realist that was looking at what if it doesn't and CYA.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-08-2010, 12:55 PM
who knew? who knew? is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: So Illinois
Posts: 797
That makes sense - explains a lot of the dynamics that were going on at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Solomisskitty Solomisskitty is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4justice View Post
I have spoken to the police. There is a fine line between suspecting someone and having the thread of eveidence that can actually put them away.
Did you make your statement before the Aug. 09 document dump or after?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-08-2010, 11:56 PM
lookin4justice lookin4justice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACandyRose View Post
I understand what you're saying, people come and go for various reasons.

The reason I was curious regarding this employee referenced as "Gwen" written about in the 12/25/2005 public news article is I wondered if the Billings personally screened their employee applications before allowing them access to the house and children. The halls of the Escambia County clerk of court online records echos repeated colorful entries when a person of this same name is popped into the search feature. With Florida's open records law, it seems like such a valuable tool for pre-screening.

Do you know if the Billings were known to personally hired their assistants themselves say through family or friends recommendation references or did they only use reputable pre-screening organizations that guaranteed only trusted and qualified assistants be considered for employment?

ACR
It would depend. Some of the people that were working around the house were known to have come as customers or friends. There were others that came from agencies. MB and BB helped many people who needed help. Some of them were not the most up standing people. I don't want to look down my nose at anyone. Most of us have had times that we needed help from others. MB was no different. BB used to tell her that she would bring in every stray dog. She was to easy on people who didn't pay for their cars and sometimes she was bit by them. I don't think she liked that aspect of the business.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lookin4justice For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monster 'busted time and time again' Hammerized Crimes in the News 5 06-22-2005 03:16 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!