Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Gabriel Johnson

Notices

Gabriel Johnson 8 Months old MISSING!


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #701  
Old 01-18-2010, 09:42 AM
NewMommy09's Avatar
NewMommy09 NewMommy09 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Near Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,720
I won't ever stop praying for Gabriel until he's found. But I'm having a really hard time keeping up hope for him to be found alive this morning. I keep going back and forth on whether or not I think he's alive. I don't know why I'm so down about it today. Just the tiniest mention of him, or thought of him brings tears to my eyes. This little boy has captured my heart and I can't stop following this case until I know what's happened to him. But this one is killing me. I think about baby Gabe everytime I look at my own 8 1/2 month old son, and it breaks my heart over and over again. I just don't understand how a mother could say she killed her little baby or hand him away to people she doesn't even know (or barely knows). I keep looking at the pictures of Gabe in the hotel, and wondering if Elizabeth loved on him and spent quality time with him there, knowing she wouldn't see him again. Did she take the pictures, knowing they would be her last memento's of him (whether he's alive or not)? But then I remind myself that she doesn't seem to feel the way about her child that I feel about mine. I'm having a hard time reconciling those very different feelings. And I get so angry. Gabe looks like such a sweet, funny little baby boy. I'm so angry for what's happened to him. Even if he's found alive and brought back to his daddy, someday he will know this happened to him. My heart's just broken.

I'm still praying for you baby boy. God watch over you and bring you home safe.
__________________
Bring the Missing Home!!!
Find Kara Kopetsky!!!

God watch over baby Gabriel Johnson
Tips: gabrieljohnson.tips@gmail.com

Last edited by NewMommy09; 01-18-2010 at 09:43 AM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to NewMommy09 For This Useful Post:
  #702  
Old 01-18-2010, 09:46 AM
legallee's Avatar
legallee legallee is offline
Paralegal
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaeb View Post
I agree. She was also acting like "duh, Tammi, you know all this" Like none of it's a big deal and Tammi knows that.

Also she said in that interview something like

"what I did this before and everyone was proud of me"

did she give a baby up before?
I don't think she gave up a baby before, I think she's talking about when she gave Gabriel to the Smiths how they were proud of her and made her out to be a martyr.
__________________
"I may have been to hell and back, but I am strong enough to walk through hell
with a smile on my face and with my head held high and my feet firmly on
the ground." - Michelle Knight
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to legallee For This Useful Post:
  #703  
Old 01-18-2010, 09:47 AM
b4e's Avatar
b4e b4e is offline
Bubba's Mommy
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,141
I will look for it online later, too. My daughter told me that LE was saying there is now a homicide investigation because they have no idea where to go with the case.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to b4e For This Useful Post:
  #704  
Old 01-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Anais Anais is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,479
Morning NewMommy, Everybody,

I know exactly how you feel! It tears my heart out that every day he is still missing the likelihood of finding a happy and well baby Gabriel decreases. I think what really did it for me was the interview with the hotel babysitter. I believe in my heart that EJ started off on the run with some help and or plan from the Smith's, something went haywire and then she just lost it and did something horrible to him. I sadly believe that she did not expect Logan to run to the police with the text message and it may have just been the straw that broke the camels back. JMHO

I knew the very first time I saw the Smiths that something was off about them. They are involved I believe in other schemes and crimes etc. IMO

I am still holding out some hope, and praying for him every day! Where is Gabriel?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anais For This Useful Post:
  #705  
Old 01-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Anais Anais is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4e View Post
I will look for it online later, too. My daughter told me that LE was saying there is now a homicide investigation because they have no idea where to go with the case.
Aweee..............sadly my DH felt it was headed in this direction too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anais For This Useful Post:
  #706  
Old 01-18-2010, 09:58 AM
burbqueen's Avatar
burbqueen burbqueen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 918
Newmommy:

I am not a firm believer that every woman should have kids. Some people aren't meant to have a child. Not all are crazy, that's just the way it is. A lot of experts tend to think that there is some miracle experience that happens once you have a baby and poof you are a loving nuturing mom. No, I disagree. IMO being a mother is not just a natural process. It's more than that. You have to want to have a kid. Personally, when I was younger I didn't want a child at all! Really, I could probably go my whole life and not have kids. I never heard my biological clock ticking.

I'm pregnant now, but my husband loves children so here I am preggers. I'm 33. Not all women want or need to be mothers. Our society has beat motherhood into our brains and that idea has allowed crazy, unfit, horrible parents to get chance after chance to mistreat their kids.

IMO bio parenrs have all the rights until abuse or neglect settles in. After that, all rights need to be terminated. Also more education about birth control and more empasis on adoption or abortion. If you don't want a kid don't get pregnant. It's that easy.
__________________
Richard Hornsby, you are my hero!!!!!!!

I have lost all faith in humanity lately. I feel that in our core human beings are inherently selfish, deviant, and sometimes evil. I love the law and believe that our justice system is good, but it is the people executing the laws that are flawed. Whether people want to admit or not, or realize it or not. Most are plagued by they own engrained prejudices. The nature of man is to divide, not to unite. I've seen it, lived it. There are those of us, who strive for equality. Who truly don't see color that must prevail.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to burbqueen For This Useful Post:
  #707  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:04 AM
eleven eleven is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigold View Post
I just searched http://www.martindale.com and found no record of any attorney in Tennessee with the last name of Morris using Janet as either a first or middle name.

Janet Morris is on Tammi's FB as friend. If you go to Janet's page, there is post from Tammi on 10/15 that asks: "Are you still working on adoptions?". IMO, she is no attorney!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eleven For This Useful Post:
  #708  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:07 AM
danni danni is offline
You are reinforcing my inherent mistrust of strangers.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4e View Post
I will look for it online later, too. My daughter told me that LE was saying there is now a homicide investigation because they have no idea where to go with the case.
I don't understand how they are going to go forward with a homicide investigation unless they have something ANYTHING to go on in this case. It doesn't appear to be much out there in the way of a direction. Are they just hoping that the homicide investigators are better detectives and can find SOMETHING? Anything? Maybe it is just my lack of information about what it takes to open an investigation but if they don't even have enough to know WHERE to look...

Are they doing this to put the pressure on Elizabeth and hopefully Tammi?

As far as Elizabeth's lawyer why haven't they made some kind of deal?


Thinking with my fingers, could Tammi have this baby some where, Elizabeth did everything that Tammi told her to do because if not Gabe was going to be hurt, now EJ is taking the fall because she is afraid that Gabe will be hurt if not? I mean I understand she had fits of rage and made threats, but did she really HATE the kid. If she is bipolar how much of those fits and threats had to do with that?

I have also been thinking that if she killed Gabe during a fit or whatever I don't think she would have just given him a large dose of medicine (as we have talked about). It would have taken to long. She would have done something spir of the moment like Andrea Yates did, drowned five children in the bathtub. And when they do that don't they normally feel some kind of remorse after the fact and make a phone call trying to get help?

Just a thought.
__________________
And BTW if my mouse RATTED me out, I would squeeze cheese whiz out of his behind until he turned smurf blue. --Csquare

Smith said, "Because it's not a truth detector, it's a lie detector. I did not lie, and so that's why it came back inconclusive."
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to danni For This Useful Post:
  #709  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:13 AM
BeanE BeanE is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by danni View Post
I don't understand how they are going to go forward with a homicide investigation unless they have something ANYTHING to go on in this case. It doesn't appear to be much out there in the way of a direction. Are they just hoping that the homicide investigators are better detectives and can find SOMETHING? Anything? Maybe it is just my lack of information about what it takes to open an investigation but if they don't even have enough to know WHERE to look...
Unless they have something they haven't released, it would be a circumstantial evidence/no body case. There have been others. The biggest evidence they have right now is a very strong one - Elizabeth's statements to Logan.

So they charge her with murder, point to those statements, and her defense would have to come with some huge magic.

Hopefully no matter the charges, she'll confess what she did with Gabriel, no matter what that was, in return for a plea deal.

It's more important to me that he be found, and that we know what happened to him, than that she get the most severe punishment possible.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
  #710  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:14 AM
BeanE BeanE is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,172
Good morning, friends. Just logging in. Don't know if this has already been posted. If so, I apologise.

Baby Gabriel Was 'Acting Scared'
Babysitter Says Something Wasn't Right as New Photos of Gabriel Released
Jan. 18, 2010

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/baby-gabri...ory?id=9587297

ETA: There's a video on the homepage. I can't seem to get a direct link. It's about the middle of the page:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA

They interviewed Eliz on the phone, although no audio of it

Last edited by BeanE; 01-18-2010 at 10:21 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
  #711  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:17 AM
not_my_kids's Avatar
not_my_kids not_my_kids is offline
<----The bravest little guy I've ever met.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Around here somewhere
Posts: 12,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
Unless they have something they haven't released, it would be a circumstantial evidence/no body case. There have been others. The biggest evidence they have right now is a very strong one - Elizabeth's statements to Logan.

So they charge her with murder, point to those statements, and her defense would have to come with some huge magic.

Hopefully no matter the charges, she'll confess what she did with Gabriel, no matter what that was, in return for a plea deal.

It's more important to me that he be found, and that we know what happened to him, than that she get the most severe punishment possible.
They can't use the confession without something else right from the beginning.
A confession, especially a murder confession has to accompanied by evidence, or they can't even bring it up. That is my understanding anyway, so there has to be something for evidence for murder charges. However, her confession is enough to start the murder investigation.

EDIT: I agree. If he comes home, I am happy to let the system sort it all out from there.
__________________
JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Last edited by not_my_kids; 01-18-2010 at 10:20 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:
  #712  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:19 AM
BeanE BeanE is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
They can't use the confession without something else right from the beginning.
A confession, especially a murder confession has to accompanied by evidence, or they can't even bring it up. That is my understanding anyway, so there has to be something for evidence for murder charges. However, her confession is enough to start the murder investigation.
Ah okay. I should have said, IANAL. :-)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
  #713  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:25 AM
BeanE BeanE is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,172
In that GMA video, they say that they talked to Eliz, and she told them she stands by her story that she gave Gabriel to the couple as described to Tammi.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
  #714  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:26 AM
not_my_kids's Avatar
not_my_kids not_my_kids is offline
<----The bravest little guy I've ever met.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Around here somewhere
Posts: 12,732
I was talking to a friend that happens to be an attorney, he had NG on in the background and I asked if he was following the case, and he said he was. He's the one that said that without some evidence, the confession means nothing. He could be wrong, or I could have misunderstood. (He starts to speak lawyer and my eyes glaze over...)

So, admittedly, I am just parroting what I was told as far as the confession.

I just want Gabriel to come home, this whole thing is ridiculous. I am starting to fear that the plan was for him to stay hidden and maybe none of the players we are seeing now actually know where he went from the hotel. That prospect doesn't seem to bother any of them,either.
__________________
JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:
  #715  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:26 AM
SleuthyMama SleuthyMama is offline
Listening to my gut
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Green Acres
Posts: 1,463
Sorry if I missed this, but would someone please confirm or deny for me the new report that the Smith's FAILED their polygraphs?

I thought it was initially reported that the tests came back "inconclusive."
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SleuthyMama For This Useful Post:
  #716  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Kinsey's Avatar
Kinsey Kinsey is offline
A little bit dangerous
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Coast of Florida
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven View Post
Here is the link--don't know how many other tammi peters facio from Chalmette, LA who were married to K----. It's her.

http://records.stbclerk.com/LandReco...QuickName.aspx
Oh my! No wonder she is a person of interest.
__________________
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kinsey For This Useful Post:
  #717  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:36 AM
BeanE BeanE is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven View Post
Here is the link--don't know how many other tammi peters facio from Chalmette, LA who were married to K----. It's her.

http://records.stbclerk.com/LandReco...QuickName.aspx
Excellent sleuthing, eleven. Thank you so much for your work on this!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
  #718  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Prof's Avatar
Prof Prof is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 3,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
holy carp, I go to bed and you guys uncover a gem

is that really her record???

wow, bet she'll blame it all on her ex though
She may do that -- but after she trashed Logan, CC, TW on their records, and IMO she probably has one as long or longer than theirs, she should just shut up and admit to her own

There are so many patterns and way too many coincidences for me to say that this woman does not thave more to do with Gabe's disappearance than she's admitting to--

I really believe that by putting pressure on her LE can find out which direction to go to look for Gabriel

Can we believe anything she says?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:
  #719  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:44 AM
BeanE BeanE is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shear22 View Post
Thanks for posting this transcript, mamaeb. I think this interview is very important. I asked a while back if Janet Morris is an attorney because I don't think that she is. So why is Tammi asking Janet, an adoption agent, to give EJ legal advice instead of having a lawyer do it?
In another NG, Tammi said she called Janet and her attorney - 2 people - did we ever find out who that other person is that she called?

ETA:

TAMMI SMITH: I had a friend in Nashville that works with attorneys call her and plea to her to come back here to Arizona to court on Monday. I had my attorney call her and plea to her to come back here and go to court on that Monday, so — yes.

http://hiderefer.com/?http://transcr.../08/ng.01.html

Last edited by BeanE; 01-18-2010 at 10:48 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
  #720  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:58 AM
BeanE BeanE is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,172
Okay I'm all caught up.

I would like to officially announce that I no longer have a clue in Hades wth is going on in this case.

All I know is that I want to know what happened to Gabriel, and atm, I'm feeling like I have to go back to the beginning and start all over again. Either that or get a colonic.
  #721  
Old 01-18-2010, 11:00 AM
BeanE BeanE is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,172
Police investigate online posting claiming 'Baby Gabriel' was adopted
Last Update: 9:07 am

Article:
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story...UkNDUSB0w.cspx

Video:
http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/loca...com&navCatId=5
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
  #722  
Old 01-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Kamille's Avatar
Kamille Kamille is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,407
Well the TPS records indicate to me that at no time did her ex "hide" her children from her. They still live right in the same neighbourhood.

Kind of makes that book she's writing pointless doesn't it?

Oh and the Louisiana DSS still wants their money too TPS. You should send them a cheque asap.

http://www.dss.state.la.us/assets/do...ntPayor/EF.pdf
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:
  #723  
Old 01-18-2010, 11:10 AM
smart blonde's Avatar
smart blonde smart blonde is offline
Websleuths Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hotel California
Posts: 6,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
I still think that Elizabeth's rages are being overlooked too much. Impulsiveness, quick temper, and horrible rages since childhood. She broke windows as a child and chased an adult with a plunger. It must have been very bad for an adult to be chased. The rage that she went into at Logan's apartment was horrific. The amount of rage one has to be to actually break windows and the tv is huge in addition to slashing all of Logan's clothes and a couch. Wanting to destroy Logan's things, and the baby was one of Logan's things he loved. I hope they are looking into her phone calls all during that last day she was at the motel. Arguing on the phone could have set her off into a huge rage and the baby was the only one there to take it out on or thing around that Logan wanted. Elizabeth said herself that she was upset and "out of her mind" when she texted Logan that she had killed his child.
This is such an excellent post, I was hoping everybody would have the chance to read it- or read it again.

Could someone please tell me the exact date that Elizabeth sent Logan the text message about killing Gabriel, and disposing of his body?

Thank you.
__________________
.... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:
  #724  
Old 01-18-2010, 11:15 AM
katiemadonna katiemadonna is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sunny So Calif
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post
This is such an excellent post, I was hoping everybody would have the chance to read it- or read it again.

Could someone please tell me the exact date that Elizabeth sent Logan the text message about killing Gabriel, and disposing of his body?

Thank you.
Dec 27

Anyone know the dates that Gabriel was staying with the Smiths?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katiemadonna For This Useful Post:
  #725  
Old 01-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Baznme's Avatar
Baznme Baznme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northern Adirondack Mountains
Posts: 4,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
Police investigate online posting claiming 'Baby Gabriel' was adopted
Last Update: 9:07 am

Article:
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story...UkNDUSB0w.cspx

Video:
http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/loca...com&navCatId=5
I thought we had determined that this baby that was adopted by this "Beth" from WI was a baby only 14 days old?! So, why are they back to investigating this couple?

If, for some reason, they were lying about the age of the baby, were not visited by LE but only questioned by phone and they did adopt a baby on Jan. 1st., that's pretty unusual to be adopting on New Year's Day when everyone is on holiday and with their families. It would also indicate that the people that picked up Gabriel were just that.....the pickup intermediaries and the transfer to the adopting couple didn't take place until Jan. 1st.

This info regarding the WI couple has been out there for a while. I'm at a loss as to whether or not they investigated them properly some days ago.
__________________
My posts are my opinion only.....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Baznme For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
adoption, elizabeth johnson, gabriel johnson, levi page show, logan mcqueary, medicine to sleep, nashville, san antonio tx, tammi and jack smith, tempe az

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #5 hoppyfrog Gabriel Johnson 842 01-26-2010 04:52 PM
AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #11 Salem Gabriel Johnson 792 01-17-2010 04:17 PM
AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #10 Salem Gabriel Johnson 784 01-16-2010 05:00 PM
AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #6 Salem Gabriel Johnson 911 01-13-2010 12:08 PM
AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #4 Salem Gabriel Johnson 853 01-10-2010 09:20 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!