FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there tear ducts at the outer corner of the eyes?

Casey Anthony's...

but i don't want to make that comparison.. but that's the only other time i saw someone wipe tears in that manner.

I don't think DT did it - i never have, but when i see her interviewed, her body language bothers me.. and I don't want it to b/c she has never really been on my list. But it is very confusing to watch :waitasec:

I haven't posted in a while, but have continued to follow this; I just saw a caption on MSNBC saying 'Somer Thompson case has gone cold' - haven't watched the video yet that goes along with it - however - in one of my very first posts I said I thought someone from LE or an authoritative capacity was involved; for a case to get off to such a promising start - good, on the money detective work, locating Somer within days, etc etc and all these interviews, searches, etc etc - nothing? I feel that crucial information is not being divulged - something's gotta give -

I really felt for her in this interview.It is very sad.I feel they said the focus needs to stay on finding the killer and the investigation and I think it does.

In an article it says

The search literally hit home for schools Superintendent Ben Wortham, who lives about 100 yards from the Gano Drive spot where Somer was last seen. About 2 a.m. Tuesday, his house and many others in the vicinity were “searched from top to bottom,” Wortham said.

Did they go into these homes?Where is this area?Is it where the dogs lost Somers scent?where did the dogs lose Somers scent?Does anyone have a map of where they lost somer scent?

I haven't posted in a while, but have continued to follow this; I just saw a caption on MSNBC saying 'Somer Thompson case has gone cold' - haven't watched the video yet that goes along with it - however - in one of my very first posts I said I thought someone from LE or an authoritative capacity was involved; for a case to get off to such a promising start - good, on the money detective work, locating Somer within days, etc etc and all these interviews, searches, etc etc - nothing? I feel that crucial information is not being divulged - something's gotta give -
Maybe they just don't have the evidence. Think of how many cases where the perp is extremely obvious, like a family member, yet it's still very difficult for LE to build a case. With Somer it seems like they have a sighting at the Gano house then who knows what happened next. So it could be someone from the neighborhood, someone passing through, somebody she knows.... This is probably an incredibly difficult case to solve. I think if it is solved it may be years from now through a jailhouse confession or by somebody who confesses after he commits another heinous crime but like everybody else I hope for the silver bullet DNA evidence or something like that which leads to justice soon.

Sadnpod:

I don't know how this interview could be all about defending herself about that recent article. She was asked about it and she responded. It was a very small amount of time on it. What should she have done, refussed to answer it.

IMO she looked heartbroken and for all those who comment on her lack of tears, I saw many fall this morning.

I think she is trying to keep the case in the spotlight. She hasn't done many interviews lately. So, maybe she thought this country needed a reminder of Somer and the fact the killer is still out there.

Jmo

I am disheartened that LE does not seem any closer to catching the killer. At least that is the point I thought her lawyer made -- that they hoped that the forensic evidence found on Somer would lead to her killer but so far they had not been able to match it to anyone?

I didn't see the point of DT & lawyer asking to do this interview? To keep the story alive? To sell the pictures? IDK.

Sadnpod:

I don't know how this interview could be all about defending herself about that recent article. She was asked about it and she responded. It was a very small amount of time on it. What should she have done, refussed to answer it.

IMO she looked heartbroken and for all those who comment on her lack of tears, I saw many fall this morning.

I think she is trying to keep the case in the spotlight. She hasn't done many interviews lately. So, maybe she thought this country needed a reminder of Somer and the fact the killer is still out there.

Jmo[/QU

I agree completely. You can see the heartbreak in her eyes, I see nothing but genuine emotion from her. Although this thread had been quiet the last few days, alot of the bickering has stopped and there were some new ideas put out there. I wish we had more info on Kyle and if we could determine if he is a minor for a fact. I hope this new interview that DT did does not mean we go back to picking her words and appearance apart.IMO she is going through the worst tragedy that anyone could go through, I am sure she has enough guilt to last her a lifetime, as anybody in her situation would, its a natural human response to wish you had done something differently. I wonder if they did not get as much evidence as had hoped because of so much cross contamination from the dumpster & landfill. I am still hopeful that they do have a suspect on their radar.

I didn't see the point of DT & lawyer asking to do this interview? To keep the story alive? To sell the pictures? IDK.

I beleive she did this interview to keep Somer's case out there.

I don't know the anatomy of the eye but I know when I cry, tears do sometimes fall from the outside corners of my eyes. I don't know if this is because I have tear ducts there or maybe my head is slightly tilted.

But, I do know this after watching that interview...there was definatly liquid falling from her eyes. If not tears, then what could it have been?

Sadnpod:

Jmo

Kim, I feel that the discussion of DT goes on and on because people feel the hink.

Then the defense of her starts. If it is about Somer, then let's look at some of the issues.

Some people feel DT may have had a part in this. So, are there any clues that lead to that idea?

There is a huge time discrepancy in the time off of work, for one thing.

If we are looking for the killer, then let's really look at the evidence.

I knew this was gonna happen.

She wiped the wrong corner of her eye, she's there to sell pictures, she's there to defend the recent article, she went to NY without her kids...

Couldn't she have been there so the world would not forget her beautiful daughter? To let the world know the monster who killed her baby is still walking the streets? Maybe to warn parents and bring the horrible reality that people kill our kids in the spotlight?

Kim, I feel that the discussion of DT goes on and on because people feel the hink.

Then the defense of her starts. If it is about Somer, then let's look at some of the issues.

Some people feel DT may have had a part in this. So, are there any clues that lead to that idea?

There is a huge time discrepancy in the time off of work, for one thing.

If we are looking for the killer, then let's really look at the evidence.

ok let's look at the evidence.

I've seen no evidence that points to DT.

How she wipes her eyes is not evidence.
IMO

Can someone tell me if it would be standard procedure for LE to give DT and/or members of her household lie detector tests? I live in Canada and in a recent case up here lie detector tests were given to mom, boyfriend, and even the young brother of the victim.

I do not see anything to implicate DT other then peoples opinions of her tone of voice, words and appearance.

I knew this was gonna happen.

She wiped the wrong corner of her eye, she's there to sell pictures, she's there to defend the recent article, she went to NY without her kids...

Couldn't she have been there so the world would not forget her beautiful daughter? To let the world know the monster who killed her baby is still walking the streets? Maybe to warn parents and bring the horrible reality that people kill our kids in the spotlight?

I knew it was going to happen again too.I'm tired of it.My heart really went out to her.I feel she went on to find little Somers killer.I hope we can concentrate on finding her killer and sleuthing Somers case.

I beleive she did this interview to keep Somer's case out there.

You maybe right, but I wish they would have used the time to plead for someone to come forward with info. perhaps the profile tips & the 1-800 number. It just seemed like a waste of airtime to me.

You maybe right, but I wish they would have used the time to plead for someone to come forward with info. perhaps the profile tips & the 1-800 number. It just seemed like a waste of airtime to me.

I agree they could have had a segment at the end to plead for more tips etc., but I don't think it was a waste of time at all, although they did not directly ask that, I still think it brings the attention back to Somer and anyone who is watching and has information will still hopefully call it in to LE. I just keep praying and hoping something or someone breaks soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni