Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > Anna Christian Waters

Notices

Anna Christian Waters Missing from Half Moon Bay, CA since Jan. 16, 1973. She was wearing a pair of jeans and a blue & white striped T-shirt. Join us as we help Anna's mom find Anna.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 05-15-2012, 04:49 PM
marie-chantal's Avatar
marie-chantal marie-chantal is offline
Language analyst
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 881
I'm only about four memos in, but I'm just blown away by all the shadiness in these notes. Who sold them this policy? It looks like GB and GW may have been planning to either scam the insurance company by killing the person for whom the policy was written, or by giving Anna away in an illegal adoption and then later having her declared dead. Why were they concerned about creditors going after the money? Was this in reference to Anna's mother (for child-support) or were they indebted to someone? The PO Box set up sounds like they were planning to drop off the radar.

The notes about "not subjecting B to any unpleasantness" and "check sent only to shown address" are really alarming. I'm assuming that GB was the beneficiary? I don't know what the requirements were then, but I do know for sure that in many insurance policies and IRA accounts, SSNs MUST be supplied for your beneficiaries.


Has this policy application ever been found?

EDIT: found the Lloyds letter. They cancelled the app when Lloyds wanted to do a credit check
__________________
Do you have language questions or letters/documents that you'd like to have examined in order to determine the language background of the writer? I can help!

Last edited by marie-chantal; 05-15-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marie-chantal For This Useful Post:
  #102  
Old 05-15-2012, 05:07 PM
marie-chantal's Avatar
marie-chantal marie-chantal is offline
Language analyst
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 881
This is a rather personal question, and I'm really sorry to ask, but was GW trying to argue against paying child support in the year before Anna disappeared? Had he been trying to get out of legal obligations to Anna? In those notes, there's a weird memo about creating a will, leaving $1.00 to ACE. There's also something written about asking an atty if an executor would still be responsible for the debts of the deceased. I wonder if he was thinking of staging his death and leaving the country. It looks like he was really concerned about his debts. This is a theme that keeps coming up in these notes. What were his debts?

I also keep seeing quotes that GB apparently shared with GW. I can definitely see how GB was acting like some sort of spiritual leader or guru to GW. Creepy.

EDIT: It also appears that some of these notes contain dialogues that were written out in advance before a meeting. It looks like someone was giving GW instructions on what to say and ask when he spoke with insurance agents and lawyers.
__________________
Do you have language questions or letters/documents that you'd like to have examined in order to determine the language background of the writer? I can help!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marie-chantal For This Useful Post:
  #103  
Old 05-15-2012, 05:14 PM
marie-chantal's Avatar
marie-chantal marie-chantal is offline
Language analyst
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 881
I'm pretty sure that GB never traveled internationally or had any sort of higher education:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/att...7&d=1219333413

In this letter, he comments about the postal service and dates. He says something like, "your postcard was marked 10-7, but it reached San Francisco on August 27". Anyone who has traveled or lived abroad would know that 10/7 in other countries is July 7, not October 7. The US is one of the only places in the world where the month is written before the day. His parents may have been immigrants, but they were most likely not educated enough to have been writing dates on documents in the house (or anywhere that a young GB would have seen them).
__________________
Do you have language questions or letters/documents that you'd like to have examined in order to determine the language background of the writer? I can help!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marie-chantal For This Useful Post:
  #104  
Old 05-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Annasmom Annasmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie-chantal View Post
This is a rather personal question, and I'm really sorry to ask, but was GW trying to argue against paying child support in the year before Anna disappeared? Had he been trying to get out of legal obligations to Anna? In those notes, there's a weird memo about creating a will, leaving $1.00 to ACE. There's also something written about asking an atty if an executor would still be responsible for the debts of the deceased. I wonder if he was thinking of staging his death and leaving the country. It looks like he was really concerned about his debts. This is a theme that keeps coming up in these notes. What were his debts?

I also keep seeing quotes that GB apparently shared with GW. I can definitely see how GB was acting like some sort of spiritual leader or guru to GW. Creepy.

EDIT: It also appears that some of these notes contain dialogues that were written out in advance before a meeting. It looks like someone was giving GW instructions on what to say and ask when he spoke with insurance agents and lawyers.
Marie-Chantal, somehow GW had the idea that his child support payments would be increased when Anna reached a certain age, but I have no idea where this idea came from. It certainly was not in any document I had. And of course his support payments were minimal. From what we can gather, GW believed he was going to die and wanted to leave everything to GB. He had many, many life insurance policies with Brody as the beneficiary. I do not know what debts he may have had.
__________________
www.searchingforanna.com
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annasmom For This Useful Post:
  #105  
Old 05-16-2012, 02:42 PM
marie-chantal's Avatar
marie-chantal marie-chantal is offline
Language analyst
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
Marie-Chantal, somehow GW had the idea that his child support payments would be increased when Anna reached a certain age, but I have no idea where this idea came from. It certainly was not in any document I had. And of course his support payments were minimal. From what we can gather, GW believed he was going to die and wanted to leave everything to GB. He had many, many life insurance policies with Brody as the beneficiary. I do not know what debts he may have had.
It looks to me like he either planned to kill himself or like he planned to "kill" himself (i.e. make everyone think he was dead, and then flee the country). That's why I am curious about his concern over his debts, and whether or not debtors could got after his estate. I wonder if he realized the insurance scams wouldn't work out, became desperate, and decided to do something to Anna.

My guess about the belief that his child support obligation would increase as Anna aged came from GB. He probably told GW that as Anna got older, her expenses would increase (clothes, hobbies, etc). GW must have been very, very vulnerable and at a weird point in his life if GB was able to have such a hold on him.

Do you know of any other GB disciples? It sounds like Seka caught on to him fairly quickly. Were there any others?
__________________
Do you have language questions or letters/documents that you'd like to have examined in order to determine the language background of the writer? I can help!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marie-chantal For This Useful Post:
  #106  
Old 05-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Annasmom Annasmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie-chantal View Post
It looks to me like he either planned to kill himself or like he planned to "kill" himself (i.e. make everyone think he was dead, and then flee the country). That's why I am curious about his concern over his debts, and whether or not debtors could got after his estate. I wonder if he realized the insurance scams wouldn't work out, became desperate, and decided to do something to Anna.

My guess about the belief that his child support obligation would increase as Anna aged came from GB. He probably told GW that as Anna got older, her expenses would increase (clothes, hobbies, etc). GW must have been very, very vulnerable and at a weird point in his life if GB was able to have such a hold on him.

Do you know of any other GB disciples? It sounds like Seka caught on to him fairly quickly. Were there any others?
He adored Anna, even though he left when she was a year old and never made contact after that except, toward the last, to type the "Eifee" in her name on the envelopes which contained money orders for support. I don't believe he would ever have harmed her. I think GB, who claimed to have psychic powers, probably convinced him he was going to die...thus the insurance policies. No, the only disciples I know of were Margaret and then GW, though they were constantly trying to "enlist" people, starting with me.
__________________
www.searchingforanna.com
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annasmom For This Useful Post:
  #107  
Old 05-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Dr. Doogie Dr. Doogie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,431
Many of the insurance policies were "Accidental Death" policies, meaning that they would only pay out if the death was an accident, not from natural causes. These policies have a higher-than-normal payout (as compared to standard life insurance) since few people die from accidents versuses natural causes.

Most of the policies listed Brody as the beneficiary - this is why all of the notes making sure that only Brody would receive the benefits . The one policy listed in "the plan" note for Loyd's of London appears to have required the beneficiary be a family member if any were existing. This is why the note is important: a policy could be created with Anna as beneficiary, then if Anna disappeared, the policy could be changed to Brody as beneficary. This is a possible motive for Anna's disappearance - if the Georges were involved.
__________________
drdoogief@comcast.net
www.searchingforanna.com

Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from http://www.lulu.com/content/2005085
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Doogie For This Useful Post:
  #108  
Old 05-17-2012, 04:19 PM
marie-chantal's Avatar
marie-chantal marie-chantal is offline
Language analyst
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie View Post
Many of the insurance policies were "Accidental Death" policies, meaning that they would only pay out if the death was an accident, not from natural causes. These policies have a higher-than-normal payout (as compared to standard life insurance) since few people die from accidents versuses natural causes.

Most of the policies listed Brody as the beneficiary - this is why all of the notes making sure that only Brody would receive the benefits . The one policy listed in "the plan" note for Loyd's of London appears to have required the beneficiary be a family member if any were existing. This is why the note is important: a policy could be created with Anna as beneficiary, then if Anna disappeared, the policy could be changed to Brody as beneficary. This is a possible motive for Anna's disappearance - if the Georges were involved.
Thank you, Dr. Doogie. I noticed something in one of the memos about changing beneficiaries, which made me think that it could be connected to Anna's disappearance. I also noticed how the Gs balked at having to provide info on GB, and at the background check that Lloyds wanted to do on GB.

Were any applications ever found that had GB's info on them? I know that the Gs withdrew the Lloyds application, but I wonder if they had ever started to fill out applications for other policies, withdrew them when they realized that backgrounds would be checked and then filed them away. It would be interesting to see if a SSN was ever listed for GB.
__________________
Do you have language questions or letters/documents that you'd like to have examined in order to determine the language background of the writer? I can help!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marie-chantal For This Useful Post:
  #109  
Old 05-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Dr. Doogie Dr. Doogie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,431
No, there were no actual applications in the BFH. The two Georges went out of their way to not provide any specific info about Brody - they even sent a photo of Brody to an insurance company with the instructions to only pay benefits to the man in the photo. This was likely to avoid Brody having to show an ID to the company.
__________________
drdoogief@comcast.net
www.searchingforanna.com

Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from http://www.lulu.com/content/2005085
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Doogie For This Useful Post:
  #110  
Old 05-18-2012, 02:47 PM
marie-chantal's Avatar
marie-chantal marie-chantal is offline
Language analyst
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie View Post
No, there were no actual applications in the BFH. The two Georges went out of their way to not provide any specific info about Brody - they even sent a photo of Brody to an insurance company with the instructions to only pay benefits to the man in the photo. This was likely to avoid Brody having to show an ID to the company.
It's really laughable that an educated man like GW would think that he could just submit a photo to an insurance company in lieu of concrete identifying info and think that it would suffice.

I know that life was much different in the early 70s than it is now; however, even back then, I would think that insurance companies would need SSNs or other information for the beneficiaries.

It also makes me even more convinced that GB was not as educated and sophisticated as he wanted everyone to believe.
__________________
Do you have language questions or letters/documents that you'd like to have examined in order to determine the language background of the writer? I can help!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marie-chantal For This Useful Post:
  #111  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:59 PM
SideKick's Avatar
SideKick SideKick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,410
JR

The medical slip found in the Box from Hell with JR's name on it keeps haunting me. I can't help but think that we should try to track this man down and ask him if he was indeed at the clinic that day. (ok, I just watched a detective youtube flick) but every time a person's name comes up from the past they contact that person and often receive info from that person. I can't locate the image either, does someone happen to have it? Why does this keep coming at me? Is it because I find it odd it would be in the box. Water's could have put it in as a red herring but I feel we still need to know more about R. As I've mentioned in the past... what if! what if this was a hint to where Anna went?

Thanks for hearing me out...

SK
__________________
Anna Christian Waters Web Page
www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Last edited by SideKick; 11-08-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Removal of full name. sk
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SideKick For This Useful Post:
  #112  
Old 11-08-2012, 04:02 PM
smile22 smile22 is offline
Live Laugh Love
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New england
Posts: 3,200
sk i totally agree with you i think someone should find him and contact him asap assuming he is still alive and well.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smile22 For This Useful Post:
  #113  
Old 11-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Cubby Cubby is offline
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago burbs
Posts: 71,625
With all due respect, we can not post full names of living people who have not been named in MSM. I asked the mods to change the full name to initials.

What we have done in the past to stay within TOS, is to use initials in the threads, and any sleuths wanting the full name to do research can request that info via pm.

Also, I would not suggest contacting strangers. Research is fine, if anything comes of it, it should be forwarded to the authorities and let them handle how to make contact if the authorities deem it necessary.

thank you everyone!
__________________
~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
  #114  
Old 11-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Annasmom Annasmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
JR

The medical slip found in the Box from Hell with JR's name on it keeps haunting me. I can't help but think that we should try to track this man down and ask him if he was indeed at the clinic that day. (ok, I just watched a detective youtube flick) but every time a person's name comes up from the past they contact that person and often receive info from that person. I can't locate the image either, does someone happen to have it? Why does this keep coming at me? Is it because I find it odd it would be in the box. Water's could have put it in as a red herring but I feel we still need to know more about R. As I've mentioned in the past... what if! what if this was a hint to where Anna went?

Thanks for hearing me out...

SK
One problem would be that there are probably a hundred people in the San Francisco telephone book with that name. We have no idea if this person is still alive or lives in the area, whether he has a telephone, used his real name, etc.
__________________
www.searchingforanna.com
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annasmom For This Useful Post:
  #115  
Old 11-11-2012, 04:51 AM
OzzieMum OzzieMum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
With all due respect, we can not post full names of living people who have not been named in MSM. I asked the mods to change the full name to initials.

What we have done in the past to stay within TOS, is to use initials in the threads, and any sleuths wanting the full name to do research can request that info via pm.

Also, I would not suggest contacting strangers. Research is fine, if anything comes of it, it should be forwarded to the authorities and let them handle how to make contact if the authorities deem it necessary.

thank you everyone!
Hi Cubby,

Can you pm me the full name. Thanks
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OzzieMum For This Useful Post:
  #116  
Old 11-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Cubby Cubby is offline
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago burbs
Posts: 71,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieMum View Post
Hi Cubby,

Can you pm me the full name. Thanks


I don't remember the first name. Please send SideKick a pm, she has the info with the full name.

hth!
__________________
~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

Last edited by Cubby; 11-11-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
  #117  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:04 PM
OzzieMum OzzieMum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
JR

The medical slip found in the Box from Hell with JR's name on it keeps haunting me. I can't help but think that we should try to track this man down and ask him if he was indeed at the clinic that day. (ok, I just watched a detective youtube flick) but every time a person's name comes up from the past they contact that person and often receive info from that person. I can't locate the image either, does someone happen to have it? Why does this keep coming at me? Is it because I find it odd it would be in the box. Water's could have put it in as a red herring but I feel we still need to know more about R. As I've mentioned in the past... what if! what if this was a hint to where Anna went?

Thanks for hearing me out...

SK
Hi SK,

Thanks for sending me the name. Trying to locate JR to talk to him would probably be futile as he was 51 in 1973 when the tests were done, which would (if he was still alive) make him 91 or 92. The tests he had done would indicate that GW thought he was anemic and the test results indicate he was probably correct, so he may not have been a well man even back then.

I have done some searching on Ancestry and there are several JR's in the area that could have been this JR.

I agree with you that this medical slip was left for a reason but what that reason is, is just another mystery surrounding the G's.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OzzieMum For This Useful Post:
  #118  
Old 11-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Odyssey's Avatar
Odyssey Odyssey is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
JR

The medical slip found in the Box from Hell with JR's name on it keeps haunting me. I can't help but think that we should try to track this man down and ask him if he was indeed at the clinic that day. (ok, I just watched a detective youtube flick) but every time a person's name comes up from the past they contact that person and often receive info from that person. I can't locate the image either, does someone happen to have it? Why does this keep coming at me? Is it because I find it odd it would be in the box. Water's could have put it in as a red herring but I feel we still need to know more about R. As I've mentioned in the past... what if! what if this was a hint to where Anna went?

Thanks for hearing me out...

SK
Can you refresh my memory? I don't necessarily need the full name, but the initials are not ringing a bell at the moment. Was JR a patient at the clinic, or a doctor that treated GB?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Odyssey For This Useful Post:
  #119  
Old 11-17-2012, 02:19 AM
OzzieMum OzzieMum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
Can you refresh my memory? I don't necessarily need the full name, but the initials are not ringing a bell at the moment. Was JR a patient at the clinic, or a doctor that treated GB?
Hi Odyssey,

JR was a patient. I found the medical slip earlier but now I am having trouble finding it again. Probably tired. Will look again in the morning and post the link.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OzzieMum For This Useful Post:
  #120  
Old 11-17-2012, 03:21 PM
OzzieMum OzzieMum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 361
Link to the Lab slip below.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/att...2&d=1193786814
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OzzieMum For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
everette l. damron, italian consulate, twa passenger lists

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Box From Hell (BFH) - #1 Annasmom Anna Christian Waters Discussion Threads 671 01-23-2010 08:40 AM
What The Hell Is Going On Here?????????? Callan JonBenet Ramsey 374 11-10-2007 06:32 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!