Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion

Notices

Missing but not forgotten Discussion This Forum is for case discussion and opinion regarding all missing persons who have not been forgotten despite the number of years they have been missing. Many members have loved ones here & need your help to bring them home!


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #176  
Old 02-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Texas Mist's Avatar
Texas Mist Texas Mist is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Silicon Hills
Posts: 9,230
CBS news blog about the "shootout" - nothing new about Patrick's whereabouts tho.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01...y6057596.shtml
__________________
What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
But if that drop was not in the ocean,
I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
~~ Mother Theresa ~~



Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
Rachel's thread - WS
RachelCookeSearch.org
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:
  #177  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:49 AM
gaia227's Avatar
gaia227 gaia227 is offline
I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 3,706
We are in the midst of a cold spell right now with temps only reaching highs in the 20's.

Sadly, I have not heard Patrick mentioned on the local news or on NY1 (24hr news channel soley devoted to New York City news) in days.

What do you think about the possibility the foster mom and the bio mom worked something out between the two of them? Bio mom knew where foster lived eventhough she apparently was not suppose to have that info coupled with fosters lame story about how he vanished. There could have been some arrangement made - money exchanged for foster to let bio take her son back. A little far-fetched, I know, but stranger things have happened.
__________________
'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
--Ghandi

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:
  #178  
Old 02-02-2010, 02:39 PM
webrocket webrocket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 3,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
We are in the midst of a cold spell right now with temps only reaching highs in the 20's.

Sadly, I have not heard Patrick mentioned on the local news or on NY1 (24hr news channel soley devoted to New York City news) in days.

What do you think about the possibility the foster mom and the bio mom worked something out between the two of them? Bio mom knew where foster lived eventhough she apparently was not suppose to have that info coupled with fosters lame story about how he vanished. There could have been some arrangement made - money exchanged for foster to let bio take her son back. A little far-fetched, I know, but stranger things have happened.
Anything is possible. I still think the foster mother would not want to jeopardize a cash flow she has had for 20 years to reunite one child with his biological mother. I doubt the bio mom would have been able to pony up any significant sum to bribe the foster mom.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webrocket For This Useful Post:
  #179  
Old 02-02-2010, 03:46 PM
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed's Avatar
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed SheWhoMustNotBeNamed is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Puget Sound area, WA
Posts: 19,943
Missing Boy's Mom Kept In Jail, Called A Liar And An Addict

The mother of a 7-year-old who disappeared from a foster home in Brooklyn more than a week ago remains behind bars because authorities believe she knows where her son is. Staten Island resident Jennifer Rodriguez—who according to the Post was described by a social worker yesterday as a drug-addicted habitual liar—is being held on contempt charges as authorities continue to look her son, Patrick Alford, who went missing on Jan. 22.

Rodriguez lost custody of her child after being arrested for theft. She has claimed the boy is staying with her aunt, though the relative denied it. Police have used helicopters and police dogs to search the neighborhood and swamps near the East New York foster home where Alford was last seen, but they haven't found any sign of the child.

http://gothamist.com/2010/02/02/with..._mom_stays.php
__________________
FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
  #180  
Old 02-02-2010, 06:16 PM
CHICANA's Avatar
CHICANA CHICANA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,275
She passed a polygraph, and was released but ACS STILL believes she had a role in his disappearance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...r_lie_det.html

AND even though she passed a poly & LE doesn't think she's involved the family court judge STILL wants her to produce him by next Tuesday's hearing.....

Judge Terrance McElrath granted Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, release from Rikers Island today during a hearing in Brooklyn Family Court on two conditions: She entirely cooperate with the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) and cops, and she use all of her resources to produce the boy by next Tuesday’s hearing.

http://www.silive.com/northshore/ind...missing_b.html

This is what drives me nuts about Family Court & ACS, they're completely lacking in common sense, yet they're entrusted with other people's children.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:
  #181  
Old 02-02-2010, 06:23 PM
CHICANA's Avatar
CHICANA CHICANA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
Missing Boy's Mom Kept In Jail, Called A Liar And An Addict

The mother of a 7-year-old who disappeared from a foster home in Brooklyn more than a week ago remains behind bars because authorities believe she knows where her son is. Staten Island resident Jennifer Rodriguez—who according to the Post was described by a social worker yesterday as a drug-addicted habitual liar—is being held on contempt charges as authorities continue to look her son, Patrick Alford, who went missing on Jan. 22.

Rodriguez lost custody of her child after being arrested for theft. She has claimed the boy is staying with her aunt, though the relative denied it. Police have used helicopters and police dogs to search the neighborhood and swamps near the East New York foster home where Alford was last seen, but they haven't found any sign of the child.

http://gothamist.com/2010/02/02/with..._mom_stays.php
Whoa.. The child has been in their care 3 weeks and they know mom well enough to say she's a drug addicted, habitual liar ?
And.. isn't this social worker supposed to be 'helping' families and not slandering them in the media.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:
  #182  
Old 02-02-2010, 07:44 PM
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed's Avatar
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed SheWhoMustNotBeNamed is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Puget Sound area, WA
Posts: 19,943
Spirited away

It’s believed that the seven-year-old boy who disappeared after he ran away from his foster parents at Spring Creek may be as far away as Baltimore or Florida -- and his biological mother may have facilitated his escape, according to police and published reports.

More: http://www.yournabe.com/articles/201...blotcan647.txt
__________________
FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
  #183  
Old 02-02-2010, 07:48 PM
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed's Avatar
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed SheWhoMustNotBeNamed is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Puget Sound area, WA
Posts: 19,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
She passed a polygraph, and was released but ACS STILL believes she had a role in his disappearance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...r_lie_det.html

AND even though she passed a poly & LE doesn't think she's involved the family court judge STILL wants her to produce him by next Tuesday's hearing.....

Judge Terrance McElrath granted Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, release from Rikers Island today during a hearing in Brooklyn Family Court on two conditions: She entirely cooperate with the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) and cops, and she use all of her resources to produce the boy by next Tuesday’s hearing.

http://www.silive.com/northshore/ind...missing_b.html

This is what drives me nuts about Family Court & ACS, they're completely lacking in common sense, yet they're entrusted with other people's children.
Very crazy. I know polygraphs aren't 100% accurate, but wow. And I'm sure someone will be keeping a very close eye on bio-mom for a while. I wonder if we will see her re-arrested if she does not "produce" Patrick by Tuesday?
__________________
FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
  #184  
Old 02-02-2010, 10:11 PM
CHICANA's Avatar
CHICANA CHICANA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
Spirited away

It’s believed that the seven-year-old boy who disappeared after he ran away from his foster parents at Spring Creek may be as far away as Baltimore or Florida -- and his biological mother may have facilitated his escape, according to police and published reports.

More: http://www.yournabe.com/articles/201...blotcan647.txt
This article IMO, isn't accurate. I havent read that the police believe his mom facilitated his escape.
According to the article....
On January 22, Patrick was last seen leaving the lobby of his Vandalia Avenue home at 9 p.m. after threatening to run away.

--Does anybody know if this is true ?
The Following User Says Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:
  #185  
Old 02-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Texas Mist's Avatar
Texas Mist Texas Mist is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Silicon Hills
Posts: 9,230
Drug addicts are usually pretty strung out....how's this mom a "drug addict" & simultaneously a diabolical schemer, coordinating a kidnapping & whisking a child out of state or halfway across the U.S.??
__________________
What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
But if that drop was not in the ocean,
I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
~~ Mother Theresa ~~



Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
Rachel's thread - WS
RachelCookeSearch.org
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:
  #186  
Old 02-02-2010, 10:20 PM
daisy7's Avatar
daisy7 daisy7 is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,186
Has there ever been another case where a parent of a missing child was jailed for contempt for not producing the child?
__________________

Last edited by daisy7; 02-02-2010 at 10:38 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:
  #187  
Old 02-02-2010, 10:21 PM
kbl8201 kbl8201 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 6,356
i think my brain exploded reading those last few snippets huh? they have zero proof of anything but she's supposed to 'produce him' by next week. while she was in prison. and she got him to maryland or florida.
it sounds like brooklyn officers might be taking 'every tip they get from whack jobs a bit too seriously........
The Following User Says Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:
  #188  
Old 02-02-2010, 10:35 PM
webrocket webrocket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 3,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
Has there ever been a case where a parent of a missing child was jailed for contempt for not producing the child?
YES. She is not the first nor the last.

try this one on for size:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...958575,00.html

Last edited by webrocket; 02-02-2010 at 10:37 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webrocket For This Useful Post:
  #189  
Old 02-02-2010, 10:48 PM
CHICANA's Avatar
CHICANA CHICANA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
Drug addicts are usually pretty strung out....how's this mom a "drug addict" & simultaneously a diabolical schemer, coordinating a kidnapping & whisking a child out of state or halfway across the U.S.??
Go figure.
Maybe drug addicts with incredibly high IQ's could accomplish this ?
Is it easier for a strung out addict to pass a polygraph too ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:
  #190  
Old 02-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Salem's Avatar
Salem Salem is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 27,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
i think my brain exploded reading those last few snippets huh? they have zero proof of anything but she's supposed to 'produce him' by next week. while she was in prison. and she got him to maryland or florida.
it sounds like brooklyn officers might be taking 'every tip they get from whack jobs a bit too seriously........

I'm gonna stand back from this one a bit to see how things play out here. I admit I am very confused It has always been reported that LE does not think the biomom is involved in Patrick's disappearance. The the judge throws her in jail. Then the social worker calls her names. (This one throws me. I wonder if this social worker knows the mom personally? Maybe they had a falling out over something on a personal level? It is very rare that a social worker will go to such lengths against a parent, in my experience.) Then, biomom passes a poly and the judge lets her out with a warning to produce the child.

And now some of the recent articles are saying that LE does think biomom is involved UGGGGHHHGHGHGHH

What a mess. Poor Patrick. Please, please, please find him and bring him home. It is cold out there!

And I still have suspicions about the foster mom and the story she gave.

Salem
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
  #191  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:04 PM
daisy7's Avatar
daisy7 daisy7 is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
YES. She is not the first nor the last.

try this one on for size:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...958575,00.html
Thanks -- that's a very interesting case! From the link:

Quote:
Judicial experts agree that contempt is one of the courts' most powerful and vital weapons. It is an essential means of enforcing a judge's rulings and coercing testimony from recalcitrant witnesses. Civil contempt is used to compel future behavior, while criminal contempt is used to punish past conduct.
I just don't see how she could have taken Patrick and hid him somewhere. And, I don't understand why she's in jail for contempt with no proof to support that she actually took him.
__________________
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:
  #192  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:06 PM
kbl8201 kbl8201 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 6,356
salem if that logic follows, they didn suspect her till after she pased a polygraph.
i need asprin.
The Following User Says Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:
  #193  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:10 PM
CHICANA's Avatar
CHICANA CHICANA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
i think my brain exploded reading those last few snippets huh? they have zero proof of anything but she's supposed to 'produce him' by next week. while she was in prison. and she got him to maryland or florida.
it sounds like brooklyn officers might be taking 'every tip they get from whack jobs a bit too seriously........
It's not the police.
My understanding is that the police don't believe the mom is involved.
IMO, they probably helped mom get out by giving her the poly.

Family court and state social worker's are the ones who say mom is involved.
A FAMILY COURT JUDGE is ordering her to produce Patrick, in spite of the police, who don't think she's involved. The Family Court Judge knows that she passed a polygraph test and it was concluded that she didn't know where Patrick was. In spite of the facts, he's threatening to put her in jail.

They want her to produce him, because it looks very bad that they lost him.
Please pay attention to how they're able to violate a person's rights with NO consequence. Where is the due process when she's arrested without being charged with a crime and held without a trial.
The only reason she's out now is because the judge knows he's being watched.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:
  #194  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Salem's Avatar
Salem Salem is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 27,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
salem if that logic follows, they didn suspect her till after she pased a polygraph.
i need asprin.
I hear ya! But they are saying she passed the poly - so how does that work? Yes, asprin would be good (I have potato chips )

Salem
  #195  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:17 PM
kbl8201 kbl8201 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 6,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
It's not the police.
My understanding is that the police don't believe the mom is involved.
IMO, they probably helped mom get out by giving her the poly.

Family court and state social worker's are the ones who say mom is involved.
A FAMILY COURT JUDGE is ordering her to produce Patrick, in spite of the police, who don't think she's involved. The Family Court Judge knows that she passed a polygraph test and it was concluded that she didn't know where Patrick was. In spite of the facts, he's threatening to put her in jail.

They want her to produce him, because it looks very bad that they lost him.
Please pay attention to how they're able to violate a person's rights with NO consequence. Where is the due process when she's arrested without being charged with a crime and held without a trial.
The only reason she's out now is because the judge knows he's being watched.
well the aclu should be all over this (if they arent too busy protecting pedophile and child murderer's rights) cause that judge needs more then zilch to keep her locked up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:
  #196  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:19 PM
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed's Avatar
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed SheWhoMustNotBeNamed is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Puget Sound area, WA
Posts: 19,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
Has there ever been another case where a parent of a missing child was jailed for contempt for not producing the child?
Patrick's case has recently reminded me a lot of Damaris Herrera-Lopez from Arizona. She supposedly "took off running" after an argument, where I think her brother grabbed her, and gave her to mom. Her mother was not jailed, as they still can't find her, but Damaris's brother was jailed for helping mom snatch her.

The difference here? They KNOW that mom had something to do with it.

AZ-10 year old Damaris Herrera-Lopez missing from Yuma - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
__________________
FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
  #197  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:23 PM
CHICANA's Avatar
CHICANA CHICANA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
YES. She is not the first nor the last.

try this one on for size:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...958575,00.html
There's a big difference in this case. In this case they know mom took the child and mom admits to taking the child. She's in contempt because she's hid her child after the court ordered visitation with the dad who she claims is molesting her.
The case you referred to is about custodial interference, not a child who disappeared while in the care of someone else care and could have been killed by a member of the foster family or kidnapped by a sex predator.

If anyone should have to produce him, it should be the one who lost him.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:
  #198  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:29 PM
kbl8201 kbl8201 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 6,356
i must be missing something here cause to me the BS Story the foster mom gave should be raising red flags big time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:
  #199  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:32 PM
CHICANA's Avatar
CHICANA CHICANA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
well the aclu should be all over this (if they arent too busy protecting pedophile and child murderer's rights) cause that judge needs more then zilch to keep her locked up.
Yep, they're too busy with NAMBLA. Family Court judge's routinely violate the right's of citizens. Google CPS or Family Court corruption to get the full picture.
They hide behind "the best interests of the child" mantra, even though more children are hurt while under their watch than those that are left with their parents.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:
  #200  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:43 PM
CHICANA's Avatar
CHICANA CHICANA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
i must be missing something here cause to me the BS Story the foster mom gave should be raising red flags big time.
Shhh. The state picked that home and the state can't be wrong. It irks me that most of the original articles start with ' foster child threatens to run away, then disappears.'
Why not.. 'foster child goes missing on trip to dump trash with foster mom' ?
Foster mom said she went to answer phone and he was gone, no wait she turned around and he disappeared ? What's the other story?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
7 year old, 7 year old runaway, acs, brighton, bronx, brooklyn, dcfs, dumpster, endangered missing, endangered runaway, foster child, foster family, jennifer rodriguez, missing, missing child, missing foster child, new york, patrick alford, rikers, search dogs, sex offenders, starrett city, staten island

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7-year-old "runaway", Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #2 Seymour Krelborn Missing but not forgotten Discussion 605 04-11-2014 10:08 PM
NY NY - Marion McCleneghan, 40, Brooklyn, 6 Feb 2010 summer_breeze Missing but not forgotten Discussion 14 01-14-2012 05:58 PM
NY Patrick Kennedy Alford (7) - Brooklyn NY, 2010 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Missing Children in America - A Profile 1 04-23-2010 01:13 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!