Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located! Information and Support

Notices

Located! Information and Support This Forum is for Information on Located Missing Persons and Family Support

Old 01-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Happy 2011!

SC - Rashid Mir - 74 years old - Folly Beach - 24 Jan 2010

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...corated-pilot/

28 Jan 10

Rashid Mir, a 74-year-old Pakistani man who was last seen early Sunday on a boat docked at a Folly Beach marina, was a decorated pilot in Pakistan's air force who went on to become a successful commercial airline pilot with a career spanning three decades, his nephew said Wednesday.

Mir, of Spanish Fork, Utah, was the object of an intensive search in the water around Sunset Cay Marina on Monday, about 24 hours after he was last seen on the Whapatula, a 30-foot sloop docked at the marina.

much more at link

pic http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/0110/699599.html

Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-06-2010 at 09:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hoppyfrog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Wherever I go...there I am

Prayers for Mr. Mir to be found safe and sound very soon!
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
The Following User Says Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 12:37 PM

Follow up story on Mr. Mir

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...sloop-at-dock/

A month has passed with no sign of Rashid Mir, a 74-year-old Pakistani man who was staying on a boat at a Folly Beach marina.

Mir, of Spanish Fork, Utah, was the object of an intense search Jan. 25 in the water around Sunset Cay Marina, about 24 hours after he was last seen on the Whapatula, a 30-foot sloop docked at the marina. He was staying on the boat in anticipation of buying it, authorities said.

Rescue divers, a helicopter, boats and a remotely operated underwater sonar device were used to search for any sign of Mir in the water under the marina's dock and boats. Nothing was found that first day, and nothing has turned up since, Folly Beach Public Safety Chief Terry Boatwright said Tuesday.

"We have exhausted all logical leads," Boatwright said. "The assumption is that he slipped off that boat. We don't have anything to indicate otherwise. If he fell off the boat, he may or may not materialize."

(More At Link)
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:18 PM
WS Moderator

Body found in Folly Beach might solve missing person case

http://charleston.news.sc/2010/03/01...g-person-case/

Quote:
A dead body was found near the Sunset Cay Marina in Folly Beach, SC. The Charleston County Coroner is investigating to determine the identity of the deceased.

It is believed that the body is that of Rashid Mir who was reported missing in late January. Mir had been living on a boat in Sunset Cay Marina when he disappeared. Several items belonging to him were found during the initial investigation. The body that was found was discovered near the boat on which Mir lived.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2010, 09:19 AM

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...-Fork-man.html

SPANISH FORK — A body found near a marina in Folly Beach, S.C., has been identified as that of a Spanish Fork man who had been missing since January.

Rashid Mir's remains, which were found Sunday, were identified through a comparison of dental records, said Charleston County chief deputy coroner Judy Koelpin.
(More at link)

Love never fails.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post: