Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Texas Mist's Avatar
Texas Mist Texas Mist is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Silicon Hills
Posts: 9,230
Nigel Gale pleads guilty in San Antonio's biggest child porn bust (TX)

Former Southwest Research VP pleads guilty to possession of huge child porn collection

by Texas Belo

Posted on February 2, 2010 at 7:18 PM
******

The former Southwest Research Institute vice president, Nigel Gale plead guilty to possessing the largest stash of child porn San Antonio has ever seen.

...

Sentencing is set for early May, when Gale faces anywhere from 5 to 20 years in prison.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/Form...-83401037.html

Backstory:



Web Posted: 02/21/2009 12:00 CST
Child porn bust is S.A.'s biggest

A former officer with the Southwest Research Institute was arrested Friday morning by FBI agents on charges he had the largest collection of child pornography ever seen in San Antonio.

Nigel Frederick Gale, 61, former vice president of Engine, Emissions and Vehicle Research at the institute, had set up his home computer with sophisticated encryption software to protect a cache of files he wanted to hide from investigators, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Tracy Braun.

After a raid of his Shavano Park home last year, computer forensics examiners found more than 300,000 images and more than 2,500 videos of child pornography, Braun told U.S. Magistrate Judge Nancy Nowak. Some were also found on his office computer.

The material easily eclipsed the collection of former Sam Houston High School assistant band director Dennis Joseph Jasso. His 21,000 images and 1,000 videos were previously the largest collection uncovered here, authorities have said.

One video on Gale's home computer showed a clown molesting an 8-year-old girl, according to an indictment handed up by a federal grand jury Wednesday.

Gale is charged with one count each of receiving and possessing child pornography. The activity occurred between September 2007 and March 2008, according to the indictment.



more here

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Chi...s_biggest.html
__________________
What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
But if that drop was not in the ocean,
I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
~~ Mother Theresa ~~



Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
Rachel's thread - WS
RachelCookeSearch.org
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 02-02-2010, 08:58 PM
kbl8201 kbl8201 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 6,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
Former Southwest Research VP pleads guilty to possession of huge child porn collection

by Texas Belo

Posted on February 2, 2010 at 7:18 PM
******

The former Southwest Research Institute vice president, Nigel Gale plead guilty to possessing the largest stash of child porn San Antonio has ever seen.

...

Sentencing is set for early May, when Gale faces anywhere from 5 to 20 years in prison.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/Form...-83401037.html

Backstory:



Web Posted: 02/21/2009 12:00 CST
Child porn bust is S.A.'s biggest

A former officer with the Southwest Research Institute was arrested Friday morning by FBI agents on charges he had the largest collection of child pornography ever seen in San Antonio.

Nigel Frederick Gale, 61, former vice president of Engine, Emissions and Vehicle Research at the institute, had set up his home computer with sophisticated encryption software to protect a cache of files he wanted to hide from investigators, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Tracy Braun.

After a raid of his Shavano Park home last year, computer forensics examiners found more than 300,000 images and more than 2,500 videos of child pornography, Braun told U.S. Magistrate Judge Nancy Nowak. Some were also found on his office computer.

The material easily eclipsed the collection of former Sam Houston High School assistant band director Dennis Joseph Jasso. His 21,000 images and 1,000 videos were previously the largest collection uncovered here, authorities have said.

One video on Gale's home computer showed a clown molesting an 8-year-old girl, according to an indictment handed up by a federal grand jury Wednesday.

Gale is charged with one count each of receiving and possessing child pornography. The activity occurred between September 2007 and March 2008, according to the indictment.



more here

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Chi...s_biggest.html
this article makes it sound like a contest of who has more
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Missizzy Missizzy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,640
A clown? Was it Dr. Bradley? Could be.

Why do we never hear any follow up on these stories? I spend hours searching and I've never found any document or article linking pornographers or linking a huge stash with a sex ring. Why? Any theories?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Filly's Avatar
Filly Filly is offline
KICKING AND SHINING
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
Posts: 17,645
Iz, I don't have an theories save for plea bargains and all that stuff. Media doesn't follow up.

It's just all making me too sick. What's the chances this guy crossed paths with the recent Boston guy? At least out in freak land.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Missizzy Missizzy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,640
So, just for comparison's sake, how does this guy's 300,000 images compare to Shipp's 16,000 files? Is it even possible to compare? Shipp is described as a possible "world leader" and Gale is said to have had the "largest collection ever seen in San Antonio".

Just to be clear, one is two too many but I'd just like to get a grasp on the size of Shipp's collection. (As if I can wrap my mind around 300,000 images of vile child rape.)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Filly's Avatar
Filly Filly is offline
KICKING AND SHINING
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
Posts: 17,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
So, just for comparison's sake, how does this guy's 300,000 images compare to Shipp's 16,000 files? Is it even possible to compare? Shipp is described as a possible "world leader" and Gale is said to have had the "largest collection ever seen in San Antonio".

Just to be clear, one is two too many but I'd just like to get a grasp on the size of Shipp's collection. (As if I can wrap my mind around 300,000 images of vile child rape.)
Iz, there was a guy named Ricky something. We had a thread on him here a few years ago. Last name was Muir I thought, but I can't find it. He had some crazy, enormous amount of images. He was one of those guys who don't even leave his computer to go pee. They're so wrapped up they just urinate in a bottle at their computer.

It's that nuts.

On another note. The clown thing. We also had a thread on a guy who was well known in his community. He also played Santa and was a clown at kids parties. He was another one who when they went into his apaprtment it was just unreal. I'm going to spend time going back looking at these cases and see where all these guys are. No doubt not all are in jail.

I was just looking up the former Priest Joseph Macanga. There's a thread on him. I can't find any update.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:42 PM
kbl8201 kbl8201 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 6,356
well the most infamous guy to dress up as a clown was jhn wayne gacy
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Texas Mist's Avatar
Texas Mist Texas Mist is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Silicon Hills
Posts: 9,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filly View Post
Iz, there was a guy named Ricky something. We had a thread on him here a few years ago. Last name was Muir I thought, but I can't find it. He had some crazy, enormous amount of images. He was one of those guys who don't even leave his computer to go pee. They're so wrapped up they just urinate in a bottle at their computer.

It's that nuts.

On another note. The clown thing. We also had a thread on a guy who was well known in his community. He also played Santa and was a clown at kids parties. He was another one who when they went into his apaprtment it was just unreal. I'm going to spend time going back looking at these cases and see where all these guys are. No doubt not all are in jail.

I was just looking up the former Priest Joseph Macanga. There's a thread on him. I can't find any update.
was this one of the pervs you were thinking of, Filly?

In the home of Joseph Allen, investigators seized 80,000 child pornography images and videos, reports said.

Judd called Allen the "poster child" of the operation, as deputies discovered his computer keyboard covered in cigarette ash and a nearby 1 gallon container used as a urinal, according to reports.

"He made it so he didn't have to get up from his computer," Judd said.


http://www.theledger.com/article/200...hild-Porn-Bust
__________________
What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
But if that drop was not in the ocean,
I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
~~ Mother Theresa ~~



Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
Rachel's thread - WS
RachelCookeSearch.org
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Texas Mist's Avatar
Texas Mist Texas Mist is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Silicon Hills
Posts: 9,230
I was reading a blog by a childhood sexual abuse survivor a couple months ago, and she said that pervs will dress up in costumes as clowns, Easter bunnies, cartoon characters, etc. during the assaults, because should the child tell about the abuse, it serves to makes the disclosure less believable/unbelievable....I bet it's in the handbook of 'how not to get caught'. ugh.
__________________
What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
But if that drop was not in the ocean,
I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
~~ Mother Theresa ~~



Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
Rachel's thread - WS
RachelCookeSearch.org
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upstate Ex-Guidance Counselor Pleads Guilty To Having Child Porn mysteriew Crimes-Spotlight on Children 1 07-25-2010 06:54 AM
Children's author, K.P. Bath, pleads guilty in porn case capoly Crimes in the News 8 07-08-2010 04:31 PM
Large Child porn bust! RiverRat Crimes in the News 11 01-29-2010 09:10 AM
Massive Child Porn Ring Bust In Florida Filly Crimes in the News 21 03-21-2008 01:48 PM
Hooker's Tip Leads To Child porn Bust VespaElf Crimes in the News 1 01-07-2005 03:23 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:01 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!