Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 02-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Emutionally Disturbed

WA - Guards stand by while girl gets beaten in front of them!!

This is disturbing;

Link to video

They aren't supposed to intervene in violent acts but sometimes you break the rules because you HAVE to!!!

Coaches say the two worst types of players to have are the players who never do what you ask and the players who only ever do what you ask.

ETA: IMO, this policy is due to the fear of being sued.

Thanks Steadfast for the spinning Buffalo Bills Emu

Made by HD ----->

Warning: Some buttons may be offensive!
BAD WORDS AND OFFENSIVE MATERIAL
AND STUFF LIKE THAT THERE!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Emutionally Disturbed

Attacker pleads not guilty. (I think the video evidence is gonna be a little hard to overcome.)

A 15-year-old girl accused of assaulting the victim was arrested on Feb. 5 on suspicion of charges of second-degree assault. She was charged with first-degree robbery on Wednesday.

The mother of the 15-year-old suspect told KIRO 7 that when she saw her daughter caught on camera in a violent, kicking-punching rage -- it took her breath away.

“My daughter's a beautiful person and she's usually nurturing and loving. I always thought she'd have a job taking care of people," the suspect’s mother said.

She said the surveillance video is only half of the story and that the suspect and victim have a long history of violence. She said before the attack in the tunnel that her daughter was attacked and beaten herself days and even minutes before the incident.

"She's been beaten up by guys and she's been maced before,” her mother said. When asked if her attackers were involved in the tunnel beating she said, "Yes, by people who are involved in this case."

She said she’ll ask her daughter why she made such a terrible decision.

“I can't feel sorry for my daughter because those are her actions,” she said. “If she's convicted of this, you know she'll have to deal with things on her own. Hopefully she's sorry for what she's done also."

I like the mothers attitude about what her daughter did.

Stick by the kid but not to point of making them believe what they did is ok. JMO

Made by HD ----->

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
This is disturbing;

Link to video

They aren't supposed to intervene in violent acts but sometimes you break the rules because you HAVE to!!!

Coaches say the two worst types of players to have are the players who never do what you ask and the players who only ever do what you ask.

ETA: IMO, this policy is due to the fear of being sued.
Oh My!

I watched the whole news video, and couldn't believe my eyes! That poor girl who was beaten and brutally kicked in the head right in front of the security guards, and they did nothing!!!!

Thought that "security" means some kind of safety for people. This was total disregard for human life. She could have died, then this would have been a murder. Contract or no contract that the guards are not allowed to intervene, the fact is that they watched a brutal assault and never once tried to help the victim. Okay done with my rant!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bogeygal For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 09:50 PM
<----The bravest little guy I've ever met.

Gee, breach of contract vs. common human compassion...

What have we become?
Old 02-11-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
Gee, breach of contract vs. common human compassion...

What have we become?
Exactly, not_my_kids!

A young girl attacked, punched & kicked in the head in front of all of the people watching, and not stepping in to help this 15 y/o girl. Unbelievable!
The Following User Says Thank You to bogeygal For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Banned

its sad....but we've become a society where 'doing the right thing' gets you sued, labeled a snitch, or prosecuted (like the nurse reporting the incompetent doctor) frankly they can do all those things to me. im never gonna stand there and let something like that happen. i have to look myself in the mirror every day (and it's not a pretty site to begin with )
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Live Better

Quote:
Attacker pleads not guilty. (I think the video evidence is gonna be a little hard to overcome.)

A 15-year-old girl accused of assaulting the victim was arrested on Feb. 5 on suspicion of charges of second-degree assault. She was charged with first-degree robbery on Wednesday.

The mother of the 15-year-old suspect told KIRO 7 that when she saw her daughter caught on camera in a violent, kicking-punching rage -- it took her breath away.

“My daughter's a beautiful person and she's usually nurturing and loving. I always thought she'd have a job taking care of people," the suspect’s mother said.

She said the surveillance video is only half of the story and that the suspect and victim have a long history of violence. She said before the attack in the tunnel that her daughter was attacked and beaten herself days and even minutes before the incident.

"She's been beaten up by guys and she's been maced before,” her mother said. When asked if her attackers were involved in the tunnel beating she said, "Yes, by people who are involved in this case."

She said she’ll ask her daughter why she made such a terrible decision.

“I can't feel sorry for my daughter because those are her actions,” she said. “If she's convicted of this, you know she'll have to deal with things on her own. Hopefully she's sorry for what she's done also."

I like the mothers attitude about what her daughter did.

Stick by the kid but not to point of making them believe what they did is ok. JMO
Ummmm.......why didn't she tell her daughter to plead guilty? If this was just that a "terrible decision" and not who this girl really is inside, then do the right thing from here on out. Plead guilty, take your lumps, and change your life around. You sure can't tell this girl is a sweet loving, nurtuing, beatiful person from this video.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:06 AM
WS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
its sad....but we've become a society where 'doing the right thing' gets you sued, labeled a snitch, or prosecuted (like the nurse reporting the incompetent doctor) frankly they can do all those things to me. im never gonna stand there and let something like that happen. i have to look myself in the mirror every day (and it's not a pretty site to begin with )
Ummmmm or maybe shot?

These guys are unarmed and trained to avoid violence and confrontation. I'm not sure how I feel about the guards right now

But I do feel badly for that girl. I hope I wouldn't just stand and watch, I hope I would try to do something.

Salem
The Following User Says Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Emutionally Disturbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticAuttie View Post
Ummmm.......why didn't she tell her daughter to plead guilty? If this was just that a "terrible decision" and not who this girl really is inside, then do the right thing from here on out. Plead guilty, take your lumps, and change your life around. You sure can't tell this girl is a sweet loving, nurtuing, beatiful person from this video.
If you look at it in a Diane Wuornos kinda way she is.

Made by HD ----->

The Following User Says Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 12:18 AM
The key to change... is to let go of fear

I saw this on HLN tonight as was just appalled that these men just stood there ! There is no way in h**l I would just stand there, just no way !
I have been known to get right in the middle of altercations and have gotten a good whack but it was worth it I can't stand bullies just can't.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Live Better

Quote:
If you look at it in a Diane Wuornos kinda way she is.
Was Diane the mother of that female serial killer?
Old 02-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Emutionally Disturbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticAuttie View Post
Was Diane the mother of that female serial killer?
OOPs! I meant Aileen. But Diane was her mother, I think.

Made by HD ----->