Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Currently Awaiting Trial

Notices

Currently Awaiting Trial Where the suspects are in jail, awaiting the start of the trial

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
<snipped for brevity>

Most lawyers will frequently use words in a Statement of Claim that tend to "embellish" a situation, at times making things sound even worse than they were. In this case, when I think of not only what this woman experienced at the hands of this assailant, but the absolute fear she must still experience simply based on his status within the military, it must truly, truly be a day-to-day nightmare for her.

I'm a bit surprised that the military was not included in the style of cause in this action. Usually they start off including the world and then eliminate parties as warranted as the case proceeds.
(BBM)

Yes, I believe this is true. Also, the dollar amounts sought start out high, with expectations of a much lower final settlement (if successful).

I've been wondering why the other sexual assault victim didn't join forces with Jane Doe and make this a class action suit.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquegirl View Post
(BBM)

Yes, I believe this is true. Also, the dollar amounts sought start out high, with expectations of a much lower final settlement (if successful).

I've been wondering why the other sexual assault victim didn't join forces with Jane Doe and make this a class action suit.
IMO I bet we will see more law suits coming forward from his other victims.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flipflop For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Happy 2011!

Please continue the discussion at

Canada - Jessica Lloyd, 27, Belleville, Ontario 01/28/2010 thread #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community