2010.02.16 Document Release: Stain on Trunk Liner

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Hi all... The Sentinel site is still jammed up (image of hordes of WSers' computers making a "run on the bank" style scene outside the electronic gates of the OS), but before it went down, I managed to view the top & underside of the trunk liner. Wanted to throw this out there:

The top side does not appear stained to my eyes, in these pix at least, until they fluoresce it. (Nice work there, CA.) But the bottom side has that curved stain and I am so very much wanting to see that stain residue picture next to photos of the stain on the outside of the garbage bag that GA and SB retrieved from the trunk in the tow yard!!!

Of course I am travelling today for work :banghead: since I have not yet mastered the art of requesting off on doc dump days. :computer:

(My first thread too--happy Mardi Gras all! :bananapowerslide:)

Hi all... The Sentinel site is still jammed up (image of hordes of WSers' computers making a "run on the bank" style scene outside the electronic gates of the OS), but before it went down, I managed to view the top & underside of the trunk liner. Wanted to throw this out there:

The top side does not appear stained to my eyes, in these pix at least, until they fluoresce it. (Nice work there, CA.) But the bottom side has that curved stain and I am so very much wanting to see that stain residue picture next to photos of the stain on the outside of the garbage back that GA and SB retrieved from the trunk in the tow yard!!!

Of course I am travelling today for work :banghead: since I have not yet mastered the art of requesting off on doc dump days. :computer:

(My first thread too--happy Mardi Gras all! :bananapowerslide:)

I was just thinking the stain looked very much like that on the bag. I was just looking at that yesterday so it's fresh in my mind.

Picture no. 7 of the cardboard cover piece over the wheel well, on the left hand side is a stain. Does anyone else see what could be the outline of a child? Head, back and start of the leg area. Also at the very bottom edge looks like someone spilled some bleach.

for reference

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89610"]Stain in Trunk May Show Outline of Child in the fetal position. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Picture no. 7 of the cardboard cover piece over the wheel well, on the left hand side is a stain. Does anyone else see what could be the outline of a child? Head, back and start of the leg area. Also at the very bottom edge looks like someone spilled some bleach.

I see it Lambchop. Do you think it's possible that she wasn't put on top of the carpet area, but rather, inside the actual tire well and that's why there is stain on the underside, and not the top?

I see it Lambchop. Do you think it's possible that she wasn't put on top of the carpet area, but rather, inside the actual tire well and that's why there is stain on the underside, and not the top?

It appears at some point Caylee may have been in that wheel well. There appears to be a stain on the carpet also but not like the wheel well.

If someone can link to the actual pic (or jpg?)...that would be great. It's taking me forever to access the photos. TYVM

It appears at some point Caylee may have been in that wheel well. There appears to be a stain on the carpet also but not like the wheel well.

This thought infuriates me like nothing else....:furious::furious::furious:

If someone can link to the actual pic (or jpg?)...that would be great. It's taking me forever to access the photos. TYVM
caylee

Picture no. 7 of this group looks like a stain on the left hand side of a child's body. You can see the outline of a head, back and start of the leg. Could be something else but if it tests positive for human fluids, KC's toast. JMO

Ugh I'm not seeing it, could you outline please!!

I haven't looked at a wheel well closely recently. Would that round brown thing we're looking at normally be sitting down in the bottom of the wheel well?

Those are some nasty looking stains :-(

I haven't looked at a wheel well closely recently. Would that round brown thing we're looking at normally be sitting down in the bottom of the wheel well?

I thought the brown thing was the back side of the cover that goes over the spare tire.
I always thought the wheel well is the area around one of the back tires.

I agree. It looks like somebody may have tried to clean one side. But the stain seeped down into the backing.

closeupofstain.jpg

I do not know how to copy a picture over. I tried emailing it to myself but did not get anything. This link is from Today's Current News thread. Pictures 20, 21, 22, etc. On the left hand side of the circle is a stain that appears to be the outline of a child.

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/22578293/detail.html

Here are your pictures, top and bottom of the wheel cover. I do see a stain, however, I can't make out a shape.
Just looks like a big stain that someone poured a cleaner of some sort directly on the stain to saturate it, I say this because I see a whiteish stain towards the edge of the original stain. There also appears to be some rust colored "markings" on the directions :waitasec:
Trunk2Released2162010.jpg

TrunkReleased2162010.jpg

I flipped the images to how the piece would have fit into the trunk liner
Trunk3Released2162010.jpg

Okay looked again, that is the back of the "lid" or "cover" to the spare tire cause some of the pictures show the directions on how to change a spare tire. The hole in the middle is probably where the jack and parts are bolted in to hold all in place in a compartment under the carpet usually.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back