Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 02-25-2010, 01:11 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Dad to Andrew Koenig: "I Just Want to Know You're OK"

"I just want to know you're OK," said Walter, addressing his son directly. "If it means you just want to stay here, that's OK. You don't have to come back. Just let us know that's your intention."

"Andrew, there is help," she said. "You have so many gifts to offer this world and so much yet to do in this world. Look how many people love and care about you.

"You are loved, you count and you matter."

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b168...#ixzz0gWdkCZvh
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 01:13 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Police, rescuers scour park for missing actor

Search for Andrew Koenig taken to woods and beaches of Stanley Park, where he liked to stroll

BY REBECCA LINDEL, CANWEST NEWS SERVICEFEBRUARY 24, 2010

Search-and-rescue teams scoured Stanley Park on Tuesday as the search continued for American actor Andrew Koenig, who's been missing since Valentine's Day.

North Shore Search and Rescue, the Vancouver police mounted squad and park staff searched Stanley Park's extensive trail system as well as its beaches and shorelines.

The search of Stanley Park is a precautionary measure, said Vancouver police spokesman Const. Tim Fanning. It was prompted not by a tip or sighting, but information that Koenig, a former Vancouver resident, enjoyed walking through the park.

Since Koenig's disappearance, Vancouver police have received calls from people who claim to have seen him as far away as the town of Ucluelet, 260 km from Vancouver on the west side of Vancouver Island. Another potential sighting had Koenig at an Olympic venue.

Fanning said police believe Koenig is still in Vancouver.
More at:
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Pol...306/story.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 01:14 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Why Did Missing Actor Andrew Koenig's Parents Mysteriously Disappear from Larry King Live?

Tonight, the parents of missing, depressed Growing Pains star Andrew Koenig were supposed to be on Larry King Live. But just two minutes before their interview, they walked out of the studio. What happened?

The obvious conclusion: After more than a week with no real developments, they got some news about their son, good or bad, that obviated the need for an interview. We'll see.
More at:
http://gawker.com/5479759/why-did-mi...arry-king-live
Old 02-25-2010, 01:14 AM

Andrew Koenig's Parents Leave Before Going Live With Larry King
Today 8:56 PM PST by Natalie Finn

Quote:
"We checked them out, they were prepared to go on, I said 'hello', they said 'hello'.
We said we'd be on in two minutes, they said 'fine'. And they got up and left, for reasons unknown."

We can only hope they hadn't just received bad news.
read more : http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b168...ve_before.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Andrew Koenig's Parents Leave Before Going Live With Larry King

"For some reason unbeknownst to anyone, Walter Koenig, the father of the missing Andrew Koenig, and [Andrew's mother] Judy Levin-Koenig...left the studio in Vancouver," King said on the air.

"We checked them out, they were prepared to go on, I said 'hello,' they said 'hello.' We said we'd be on in two minutes, they said 'fine.' And they got up and left, for reasons unknown."

We can only hope they hadn't just received bad news.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b168...#ixzz0gWedy6ab
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
Yikes, that doesn't sound good at all. I am gonna pray they left because he walked into a police station somewhere and said, geez - can't a guy go on retreat without being on national tv.
Please let my prayer be answered.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 01:18 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Andrew Koenig Found
Posted by Alex on Feb 24, 2010

Andrew Koenig has been found or not? This is the question which has been hitting the minds of people especially his parents. It has been reported by number of reliable sources that Andrew Koenig has not been found yet.
More at:
http://news.about-knowledge.com/andrew-koenig-found/

What an odd article title... WTH?
The Following User Says Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 01:22 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Hope waning in search for actor

By Andy Ivens, the provinceFebruary 23, 2010

Hope is waning in the search for "Growing Pains" actor Andrew Koenig, who has been missing since Valentine’s Day.
Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/enter...#ixzz0gWgINJ8q

(Sorry if I am repeating stuff. I am going through the day's news; I will go back and delete any duplicates in a moment.)
Old 02-25-2010, 01:24 AM
Inactive

The Following User Says Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Bubba's Mommy

Quote:
More at:
http://news.about-knowledge.com/andrew-koenig-found/

What an odd article title... WTH?
That IS odd. It looks like it might be a blog-type site (like Associated Content), where the authors are paid by the number of clicks their stories generate. A title like that one would certainly get a lot of clicks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b4e For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 01:27 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4e View Post
That IS odd. It looks like it might be a blog-type site (like Associated Content), where the authors are paid by the number of clicks their stories generate. A title like that one would certainly get a lot of clicks.
Yes - or they forgot a "?" - or, the news is now breaking and they only changed the title.

It sure fooled me at first.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Andrew Koenig found
Posted on 24 February 2010

According to sources, Andrew Koenig the missing star of “Growing Pains” has been spotted in Vancouver. This report that Andrew Koenig has been found around Vancouver, Canada, has given a new hope to Koenig’s parents. According to reports from Fox News, the Vancouver Police Missing Persons Unit has reported that they have found information and a number of tips regarding the location of the guy missing, Andrew Koenig. Andrew Koenig went missing around Valentines Day and since then he has not been seen.
More at:
http://news.puggal.com/andrew-koenig...omment-page-1/

Again... WTH?

(And, again, we see the problem with the 24 hour news industry.)

Last edited by WhyaDuck?; 02-25-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:31 AM
Inactive

We're hoping for the best here!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:33 AM
Inactive

I don't have my dictionary right here, but in my books there's a big difference between "spotted" and "found."

These headlines are just yanking my chain.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:37 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Sister: Missing actor went off meds

The sister of missing actor Andrew Koenig is convinced her brother stopped taking his anti-depressant medication in the weeks before his disappearance.

She tells U.S. talk show host Larry King, "It's just very upsetting. My brother does suffer from depression. So we're very, very worried about him. And we just want to find him.

"I know he was on anti-depressants. And I just found out, through a friend he was visiting, that he has not been on them for a while. I did not realize that."
More at:
http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2010/...enn-story.html
Old 02-25-2010, 01:38 AM
Bubba's Mommy

Quote:
More at:
http://news.puggal.com/andrew-koenig...omment-page-1/

Again... WTH?

(And, again, we see the problem with the 24 hour news industry.)
This article is very strange. It states that the last contact the parents had with Andrew was on the 9th - and neglects to mention the letter they received from him on the 16th. The author's grammar is spotty, too. *Headdesk*

Still hoping for the best!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b4e For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 01:41 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4e View Post
This article is very strange. It states that the last contact the parents had with Andrew was on the 9th - and neglects to mention the letter they received from him on the 16th. The author's grammar is spotty, too. *Headdesk*

Still hoping for the best!
I hope that letter wasn't a suicide note.

As a parent, this story shakes me up. Doesn't matter if your kid is 40 or 14, he's still your special little guy... The Koenigs must feel so scared and helpless right now, not to mention what Andrew is going through.

I just hope people help bring this guy home to people who love him.

And, FGS, ANDREW CALL YOUR MOTHER!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:42 AM
Retired

Quote:
I don't have my dictionary right here, but in my books there's a big difference between "spotted" and "found."

These headlines are just yanking my chain.
Seems radar on a line and t m zzzzzzzzzzzz are doing better than most I have seen. I had not seen a letter that radar had. I am hoping we will hear something soon.

Last edited by A_News_Junkie; 02-25-2010 at 01:43 AM. Reason: written that way on purpose as they are tabloids.......ish!
The Following User Says Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 01:51 AM
Inactive

Quote:
‘We just want to know that you're okay'

Father of missing actor Andrew Koenig says he's terrified his son has harmed himself

“I implore you. I beseech you. I humbly request that even during this extraordinary time – you have the Olympics here and so much going on – try to be aware that we have a son, Andrew Koenig, who is presently missing,” Mr. Koenig said, his voice shaking and barely audible.

The actor recently wrote an emotional letter to his parents, but they would not reveal its contents. Mr. Koenig said he's terrified his son has harmed himself. That Andrew might have hurt himself is “where my mind goes first and it's something that has been torturing me,” he told a crush of reporters.

He described his son as a sensitive, funny man with an activist personality who once travelled to the Burma-Thailand border to witness the plight of Burmese refugees. He was also an ardent environmentalist.

At the news conference, both Walter and Judith Koenig addressed their son directly: “We just want to know that you're okay, and you can stay here, change your life and stay here fine, achieve some happiness here like you did in the past,” Mr. Koenig said. “You don't have to come back. Just let us know that's your intention.”

Mr. Koenig's disappearance has confounded police, who have examined his cellphone calls and banking transactions. Those activities stopped on Feb. 16, but there is no sign of Mr. Koenig, who has long curly hair and stands about 5 feet 5.
More at:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1480536/
Old 02-25-2010, 01:52 AM
Inactive

Quote:
“This was a committed human being,” his father said, then added quickly: “This is a committed human being, a really good person.

“There are so many people out there who really care about him.”
Touching quote from G&M article above.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:07 AM
Inactive

Quote:
The case of the vanishing "Growing Pains" actor

Andrew Koenig was a former teen sitcom star, but he battled something far more insidious than youthful fame

Few individuals ever get the chance to star on a TV show, but nearly 15 million Americans know what it feels like to live with severe depression. And there probably isn't one of us who doesn't know the anguish of having a friend or family member taken down by debilitating mental illness, the helpless pain of watching someone struggle with the demons within. It's a disease that takes jobs and relationships and too many damn lives. Whatever happened to Andrew Koenig, youthful notoriety likely didn't destroy him. Because Hollywood, for all its cruelty, isn't nearly the killer depression is.
More at:
http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/201...oenig_mystery/
Old 02-25-2010, 02:08 AM

Parents of missing Growing Pains actor appeal for public's help
Legendary Star Trek actor Walter Koenig and his wife Judith appeal for public's help to find their son, Andrew Koenig.

VIDEO = http://www.vancouversun.com/news/vid...hnEVlvD1ueAzpg

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/F...140/story.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 08:53 AM

I find it really odd that they would 'walk off' the LKL show. They must have had a message or text or something in that short time period that made them turn heel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cherry Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Taking it one day at a time

Walter and Judy Koenig, parents of missing actor Andrew Koenig, talk at a news conference at the Vancouver Police Department in Vancouver, British Columbia, Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2010.
CAPTIONBy Jae C. Hong, APAfter giving a press conference earlier in the day, Walter and Judy Koenig, parents of missing Growing Pains star Andrew Koenig, last night walked off the set just as they were about to appear on the CNN's Larry King Live show.

News of the Toyota hearings and the SeaWorld death pushed them to the final five minutes and Larry came on to say, "Folks, for some reason. Theyleft the studio in Vancouver. We checked them out. They were prepared to go on. I said hello. They said hello. We said we'll be on in two minutes. They said fine and they got up and left for reasons unkown

Maybe they were mad or insulted that Andrews story got bumped to the end of the show by "other newsworthy stories" just in.
Maybe after waiting, one or both got agitated and felt like they just had to get out of there, felt they couldn't talk about it right now as even just thinking about it must be horrific.
JMO and on a lighter note I think with that long wavy hair and dark eyes Andrew is very good looking. I hope he is safe.

Last edited by Canadian4; 02-25-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Top two paragraphs linked from USA Today
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canadian4 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 03:24 PM

http://www.tmz.com/

Andrew Koenig's Parents -- Why We Walked
Posted Feb 25th 2010 12:19PM by TMZ Staff

Andrew Koenig's parents claim they bailed on Larry King last night because they felt the show was being "disrespectful" by pushing back their live interview several times on last night's show.
-------
More at link
The Following User Says Thank You to Rizzy For This Useful Post: