Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > JonBenet Ramsey

Notices

JonBenet Ramsey What really happened to 6 year old JonBenet? Someone is getting away with murder. All information posted on this site is gained through published documentation on this case. It is strictly opinion only.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-23-2010, 05:21 AM
madeleine's Avatar
madeleine madeleine is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,535
Question The garrote points to........

The main reason I think BDI is the garrote.It's like a pain in my #$%.....it just doesn't fit any of my PDI/JDI theories and it drives me nuts!

Some say that PR or JR applied it as part of the staging not knowing that she was still alive.I really can't buy this.....this is a bit too much.

The autopsy report says clear that either of the two (headbash,strangulation) could have caused her death so IMO this means she WAS strangled,the cord wasn't just gently applied only to make it look like something it was not.Someone PULLED that cord.

I also really can't believe that PR would have used her OWN brush to manufacture the garrote......it's just SICK,I don't see JR doing it either.Why use it anyway?WHy not use a simple cord???

The only explanation I can come up with is that it WAS a game gone wrong,just not a sex game like Wecht said but a little boy wanting to mock,intimidate,over power or dominate his little sister.Maybe that's also how the head bash happened.

And yep,the REST is staging,parents wanting to cover it up.

BUT something's wrong with this theory as well.......why didn't they get rid of the garrote if so?

Pls help me out with this cause I really can't buy the "they didn't know she was still alive and applied the garrote" theory.It doesn't make sense.It's cruel and not probable and way too complicated.I am repeating myself,why not use a simple cord,why take time to manufacture a garrote AND using PR's brush?You just can't do that as a parent,especially if the death was an accident.

all imo
__________________

Last edited by madeleine; 02-23-2010 at 05:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 02-23-2010, 10:25 PM
DeeDee249 DeeDee249 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the Federal Witness Protection Program
Posts: 7,453
If BDI- then he wasn't alone. He had to have been with someone older, and my bet is on JAR. BR alone couldn't have done it, IMHO. He seems just too immature, and not just his small size. I think even if he bashed her hard enough to put that hole in her skull, he wouldn't think to make a garrote using his mother's paint brush to strangle her just to stage it. If this was a sex game- not something a kid that age would do without some influence from an older male. I don't think he knew about the blanket in the basement dryer. And if he had bashed her (to shut her up when she screamed), I think he would have left her where she fell. If he was involved (and I think of this too, sometimes) he was not alone. I do think that would be certainly a reason why both parents would go to the extent they did to cover up this death. And it explains why BOTH parents would do it. Patsy, for BR, JR for his son JAR. I can't see Patsy doing it for her stepson alone. So that's where BR fits in for me.
__________________
THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 02-24-2010, 02:44 AM
madeleine's Avatar
madeleine madeleine is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,535
What if he wasn't alone indeed.Where the other kids ever questionned?I am really trying to find a reason why the Stines and the Fernies behaved like they did and can't.I don't think they would lie or cover up for PR or JR.imo

Who (except the Ramsey's) saw JB alive last?

We don't even know if she was alive when they arrived home.

Sometimes I think that the reason they said she was sound asleep is that they were afraid someone saw them carrying JB from the car to the house and might ask questions.

No one can say whether she was alive or not when they entered their home.
What if something happened in the car?
FGS it's weird that none of them can remember exactly who took the gifts where and who got out of the car and who not.The friends testimonies would really help here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 02-24-2010, 05:02 PM
SuperDave's Avatar
SuperDave SuperDave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 11,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine View Post
The main reason I think BDI is the garrote.It's like a pain in my #$%.....it just doesn't fit any of my PDI/JDI theories and it drives me nuts!

Some say that PR or JR applied it as part of the staging not knowing that she was still alive.I really can't buy this.....this is a bit too much.

The autopsy report says clear that either of the two (headbash,strangulation) could have caused her death so IMO this means she WAS strangled,the cord wasn't just gently applied only to make it look like something it was not.Someone PULLED that cord.

I also really can't believe that PR would have used her OWN brush to manufacture the garrote......it's just SICK,I don't see JR doing it either.Why use it anyway?WHy not use a simple cord???

The only explanation I can come up with is that it WAS a game gone wrong,just not a sex game like Wecht said but a little boy wanting to mock,intimidate,over power or dominate his little sister.Maybe that's also how the head bash happened.

And yep,the REST is staging,parents wanting to cover it up.

BUT something's wrong with this theory as well.......why didn't they get rid of the garrote if so?

Pls help me out with this cause I really can't buy the "they didn't know she was still alive and applied the garrote" theory.It doesn't make sense.It's cruel and not probable and way too complicated.I am repeating myself,why not use a simple cord,why take time to manufacture a garrote AND using PR's brush?You just can't do that as a parent,especially if the death was an accident.

all imo
madeleine, you know I've got nothing but love for you. But I can't stand by this.
__________________
All posts made by me are MY exclusive property, and are NOT to be used or reproduced without my permission. DAVE SMASH THIEVES!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 02-24-2010, 06:31 PM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
Why do we have two threads on the garotte??
__________________
email me


Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


Bob Harrod SAR


“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Ravyn's Avatar
Ravyn Ravyn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 1,034
Maybe,but Burke said she walked in that night...And would they think of sitting out the pineapple if she ate any at the places they visited...And why send him away,wouldn't they want to keep him close to make sure he didn't say anything to anybody...
__________________
Knowledge of time is precious.Wisdom of truth is more precious than time..Opinions I write are mine..
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ravyn For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 02-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Tadpole12 Tadpole12 is offline
Bufo americanus
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: .....
Posts: 3,881
Hey y'all ...

Has a poster ever recreated the garotte?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-25-2010, 02:48 AM
madeleine's Avatar
madeleine madeleine is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadpole12 View Post
Hey y'all ...

Has a poster ever recreated the garotte?
Yep.because the cord ended up being too long (same lenght as the original) it was kinda hard to pull without holding down the doll with my knee(used an old doll in the reconstruction)
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 02-25-2010, 02:54 AM
madeleine's Avatar
madeleine madeleine is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
madeleine, you know I've got nothing but love for you. But I can't stand by this.
I know
Hey....I will probably never know which R did what(they made sure it happens like this,didn't they) so I guess I am trying to find the more simple explanation right now.I also find it kinda hard to believe (I know,it's not impossible) that a wife would stand by her man if he's a molester and responsible for such a crime or that a man (who sometimes really sounds sincere when saying he loved JB) would cover for a psycho wife.

Let's say one of these scenarios is true.....you would think that one would protect the remaining child from the other,right?

That's why it all makes sense if they did it for Burke.
This doesn't mean it's so,just looking at this possibility now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 02-25-2010, 02:55 AM
madeleine's Avatar
madeleine madeleine is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,535
Why was AH's priority nr 1 to clear BR?
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 02-25-2010, 03:12 AM
madeleine's Avatar
madeleine madeleine is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,535
For Tad:

(re no marks on her back)Yep,that's why I thought that maybe she was dragged. and it was used like a leesh or something.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 02-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Tadpole12 Tadpole12 is offline
Bufo americanus
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: .....
Posts: 3,881
Hi madeleine.

ty.

I had been reading about antemortem marks always being red in color.
I wondered about tension and resistance and if the paint brush handle could have been the object that made those marks.
But if, as SD suggests, only one tug and the noose part would hold tension, then the handle does serve no purpose, unless the rope was wrapped more than once around JBR's neck?

The handle being, visual rather than functional.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tadpole12 For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 02-25-2010, 06:28 PM
SuperDave's Avatar
SuperDave SuperDave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 11,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadpole12 View Post
Hey y'all ...

Has a poster ever recreated the garotte?
This one has.
__________________
All posts made by me are MY exclusive property, and are NOT to be used or reproduced without my permission. DAVE SMASH THIEVES!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 02-25-2010, 06:29 PM
SuperDave's Avatar
SuperDave SuperDave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 11,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine View Post
Yep.because the cord ended up being too long (same lenght as the original) it was kinda hard to pull without holding down the doll with my knee(used an old doll in the reconstruction)
Yeah, that's how it ended up with me, too.
__________________
All posts made by me are MY exclusive property, and are NOT to be used or reproduced without my permission. DAVE SMASH THIEVES!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 02-25-2010, 06:34 PM
SuperDave's Avatar
SuperDave SuperDave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 11,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadpole12 View Post
Hi madeleine.

ty.

I had been reading about antemortem marks always being red in color.
I wondered about tension and resistance and if the paint brush handle could have been the object that made those marks.
But if, as SD suggests, only one tug and the noose part would hold tension, then the handle does serve no purpose, unless the rope was wrapped more than once around JBR's neck?

The handle being, visual rather than functional.
__________________
All posts made by me are MY exclusive property, and are NOT to be used or reproduced without my permission. DAVE SMASH THIEVES!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 02-26-2010, 07:35 AM
Becky319's Avatar
Becky319 Becky319 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: off a dirt road in NE Georgia
Posts: 210
I can't help but wonder if it was hard for a grown up (Madeline and SD) to pull would there be any way Burke could have pulled it? He was still young and short when this happened.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Becky319 For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 02-26-2010, 08:48 AM
madeleine's Avatar
madeleine madeleine is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky319 View Post
I can't help but wonder if it was hard for a grown up (Madeline and SD) to pull would there be any way Burke could have pulled it? He was still young and short when this happened.
Depends I guess.I was thinking that maybe it was a game gone wrong,like let's play walk the dog or something>>>accident,he pulled too hard or maybe she resisted at some point.IF BDI then the garrote was just a toy,wasn't manufactured in order to kill(could explain the lenght and why it doesn't fit ).moo
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Becky319's Avatar
Becky319 Becky319 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: off a dirt road in NE Georgia
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine View Post
Depends I guess.I was thinking that maybe it was a game gone wrong,like let's play walk the dog or something>>>accident,he pulled too hard or maybe she resisted at some point.IF BDI then the garrote was just a toy,wasn't manufactured in order to kill(could explain the lenght and why it doesn't fit ).moo
Excellent thought Madeleine. That is what makes this the most interesting case of all, there are so many different ways it could have gone. I can see her waking Burke up and saying I wet the bed again, he says come on lets get you changed and we will go get some pineapple and them play some games ok. When you think on it for a long time you start seeing flaws, but I see flaws in every other scenerio too. I wish we could know what really happened, in my heart I want it not to be as awful for JB as my mind says it must have been.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Becky319 For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 02-26-2010, 04:16 PM
KariKae KariKae is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky319 View Post
Excellent thought Madeleine. That is what makes this the most interesting case of all, there are so many different ways it could have gone. I can see her waking Burke up and saying I wet the bed again, he says come on lets get you changed and we will go get some pineapple and them play some games ok. When you think on it for a long time you start seeing flaws, but I see flaws in every other scenerio too. I wish we could know what really happened, in my heart I want it not to be as awful for JB as my mind says it must have been.
I could see Burke doing this if he knew Patsy would go psycho on JonBenet for wetting the bed. Being the protective big brother, you know?

For every horrible ACCIDENT scenario I come up with, I can't think of a reason not to call 911, even if Burke did it (especially if Burke did it). If the head bash happened first, surely the family would check for breathing or a pulse, right?

In my mind, the only two scenarios that "fit" are...
1) Someone flew into a rage and she died. Even if they knew she was alive, she could tell what happened. John and Patsy's perfect life would be over.
2) IDI
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KariKae For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:32 PM
DeeDee249 DeeDee249 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the Federal Witness Protection Program
Posts: 7,453
She had to be alive when they got home. The position of the pineapple in her digestive tract as well as the state of rigor mortis put a TOD between 12 midnight and 1 am. Since the Rs, who after all, KNOW- they put Dec. 25th rather than 26th on her tombstone, I'd go with around midnight.
As far as BR playing around with a ligature around his sister's neck- I can't make this fit UNLESS they snuck to the basement to do it. Parents would never allow a child to put anything around another child's neck, even the Rs.
Christmas night...everyone's tired. The brush was broken in the basement- shards were found around the paint tote. Then there is the scream and head bash- possibly in response to the scream. I feel it was. And I feel that also happened in the basement. I don't think the kids went to the basement to play. IF the entire thing happened in the basement, then the crime was sinister from start to finish, and not an evil coverup to an accidental skull fracture. Because that would mean she was bought to the basement alive, and whatever happened down there resulted in her being bashed, molested, strangled. Not necessarily in that order. And I don't think BR alone could have done all that.
__________________
THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 02-28-2010, 03:09 PM
madeleine's Avatar
madeleine madeleine is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariKae View Post

For every horrible ACCIDENT scenario I come up with, I can't think of a reason not to call 911, even if Burke did it (especially if Burke did it).
If she was already dead maybe they thought of protecting him.Not from a charge,he was too young,but protect his future,his reputation.We know he hit his sister in the face with a baseball bat before,who knows what other problems he had.His reactions right after her death are weird IMO,a 9 year old saying something like "well,I have to move on?"He was coached pretty well for all those interviews IMo and maybe THIS was the reason he was sent to a shrink,nothing to do with emotional distress.(I'ver seen nothing but lack OF)
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 02-28-2010, 04:33 PM
SunnieRN SunnieRN is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,577
Wow, just wow!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:
  #23  
Old 02-28-2010, 05:50 PM
passionflower's Avatar
passionflower passionflower is offline
Just 1 tip to find a killer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: STEELER COUNTRY!
Posts: 24,261
Burke sure has been 'hidden' from public all these years.
IMO, I always thought it started with 2 tired kids eating pineapple,
goofing around, hit with the flashlight and parents went into a panic.
Thought she was dead or would never be right again and staged the whole
thing to protect Burke. JMOO
__________________
Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
Justice for Hailey!!!!
No Justice for Caylee Marie..........
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:
  #24  
Old 02-28-2010, 07:47 PM
DeeDee249 DeeDee249 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the Federal Witness Protection Program
Posts: 7,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
Burke sure has been 'hidden' from public all these years.
IMO, I always thought it started with 2 tired kids eating pineapple,
goofing around, hit with the flashlight and parents went into a panic.
Thought she was dead or would never be right again and staged the whole
thing to protect Burke. JMOO
Of course this is possible. But to stage an accidental death like that, with garrote, paintbrush penetration, all that was done to JB just to protect her 9-year old brother from, what...embarrassment? I just can't see it.
Now, if there was more involved- sexual molestation, something to hide that involved the brother(s) that might result in more serious consequences - then the staging is more likely.
__________________
THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:
  #25  
Old 02-28-2010, 08:11 PM
BOESP BOESP is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
Of course this is possible. But to stage an accidental death like that, with garrote, paintbrush penetration, all that was done to JB just to protect her 9-year old brother from, what...embarrassment? I just can't see it.
Now, if there was more involved- sexual molestation, something to hide that involved the brother(s) that might result in more serious consequences - then the staging is more likely.
DeeDee, you know I respect your opinions here, but I still don't understand the parts about paintbrush penetration. The birefringent material mentioned in the autopsy has not been connected to the paintbrush has it (or have I forgotten)? What is the reference that shows the paintbrush being used as an instrument of penetration? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BOESP For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why BOTH Garrote & Head Bash? Rupert JonBenet Ramsey 303 Yesterday 08:43 PM
Garrote tuppence JonBenet Ramsey 78 09-22-2006 11:26 AM
Garrote,Scarves,Wikipedia Eagle1 JonBenet Ramsey 20 11-27-2005 07:36 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!