Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 02-26-2010, 08:55 PM
sleutherontheside's Avatar
sleutherontheside sleutherontheside is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In the sunshine.
Posts: 9,882
Gosh....IMO...it's really hard to justify membership in the NG fan club when WSers are a day early and a post ahead of the "experts" featured on the panel. With the exception of Kathi B. does anyone have up to the minute info????? There has been a distinct shift in her media coverage of the case since about...... December don't ya think????
  #52  
Old 02-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Angel4u2Whisper2's Avatar
Angel4u2Whisper2 Angel4u2Whisper2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
Well if you didn't pay your mortgage/rent for a year you would have money to go on a cruise, right..LOL..I mean it was only 300 dollars each to go...
You can do that? Why am I the last person to know See you in the Bahamas!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4u2Whisper2 For This Useful Post:
  #53  
Old 02-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Kimster's Avatar
Kimster Kimster is offline
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 32,769
There is a place on WS to discuss how NG runs her show and it isn't on this thread.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm going back to remove off topic posts now. Please don't use the public forum for these kinds of posts. Thanks!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
  #54  
Old 02-26-2010, 08:57 PM
butterfly1978's Avatar
butterfly1978 butterfly1978 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by night64003 View Post
Thanks for lettine me know, I was beginning to feel like an intruder. Just trying too fit in, having over 2 feet of new snow and more still coming down, is making me stir crazy. Hello all WS, nice to meetcha. :Jumpie:
:Welcome-12-june:

Hello and nice to meet you....
__________________
JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
Circuit Judge
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to butterfly1978 For This Useful Post:
  #55  
Old 02-26-2010, 08:58 PM
sleutherontheside's Avatar
sleutherontheside sleutherontheside is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In the sunshine.
Posts: 9,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by night64003 View Post
Thanks for lettine me know, I was beginning to feel like an intruder. Just trying too fit in, having over 2 feet of new snow and more still coming down, is making me stir crazy. Hello all WS, nice to meetcha. :Jumpie:
Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is welcome here!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:
  #56  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:00 PM
ynotdivein's Avatar
ynotdivein ynotdivein is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
Posts: 11,434
All I know is, I don't get to catch NG on the regular and didn't realize there was a crew on this forum that did usual dissections of her shows--so was/am super grateful to catch this thread and also grateful to all the folks posting updates about tonight's show!

Pinches for everyone, dangit, and muskets outward.
__________________
You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
HDT
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:
  #57  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:01 PM
night64003's Avatar
night64003 night64003 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York where Night is King
Posts: 9
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
Gosh....IMO...it's really hard to justify membership in the NG fan club when WSers are a day early and a post ahead of the "experts" featured on the panel. With the exception of Kathi B. does anyone have up to the minute info????? There has been a distinct shift in her media coverage of the case since about...... December don't ya think????
Thank You so much for saying what I too have noticed. I don't think I am just being silly anymore, I think a shift has happened, yes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to night64003 For This Useful Post:
  #58  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:01 PM
butterfly1978's Avatar
butterfly1978 butterfly1978 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
All I know is, I don't get to catch NG on the regular and didn't realize there was a crew on this forum that did usual dissections of her shows--so was/am super grateful to catch this thread and also grateful to all the folks posting updates about tonight's show!

Pinches for everyone, dangit, and muskets outward.
There is not a "crew" we are all welcome on all the threads, and everyone's opinion is appreciated.
__________________
JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
Circuit Judge
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to butterfly1978 For This Useful Post:
  #59  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:02 PM
trigger's Avatar
trigger trigger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: L.I., NY
Posts: 3,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel4u2Whisper2 View Post
You can do that? Why am I the last person to know See you in the Bahamas!!!
Im ready friend...
__________________
God does not like ugly

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:
  #60  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:09 PM
trigger's Avatar
trigger trigger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: L.I., NY
Posts: 3,769
Well that was fun. Glad NG finally had something on this case. See you guys around...
__________________
God does not like ugly

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:
  #61  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:16 PM
txsvicki's Avatar
txsvicki txsvicki is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 14,091
Nancy said she'd never heard of duct tape being used as the means of murder before, but I've seen it at least once, maybe twice on the crime shows.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:
  #62  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:22 PM
DaughterAlice's Avatar
DaughterAlice DaughterAlice is offline
''I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, sweetie, but it's me! Me! Me! Me!''
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 515
Thanks everyone for the updates!! Seriously, I just can't watch the show. Seems like once again NG's "bombshells" are duds. I have yet to see her tell us something we didin't already know! (but hey, we are WSers, right?)

Oh, to all who thanked me for my first thread, thanks for your thanks. I inadvertantly erased your thanks when I went back to edit a spelling error. Please don't think me unappreciative!

Sorry to hear LP looked so sick. I kind of take what he says with a grain of salt, but hat doesn't mean I don't like the guy. I think he has a big (and kind) heart, but a powerful imagination.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DaughterAlice For This Useful Post:
  #63  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:25 PM
butterfly1978's Avatar
butterfly1978 butterfly1978 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
Nancy said she'd never heard of duct tape being used as the means of murder before, but I've seen it at least once, maybe twice on the crime shows.
I don't think the prosecution will have any problem proving that this was likely the murder weapon, the tape was on her nose and mouth and wrapped around her head her hair had to be cut to remove the tape, the person (Casey) had no intentions of removing the tape. With the fact that the bones were scattered they have no clue if Caylees hands were bound
__________________
JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
Circuit Judge
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to butterfly1978 For This Useful Post:
  #64  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:27 PM
VALee's Avatar
VALee VALee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 41,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
Nancy said she'd never heard of duct tape being used as the means of murder before, but I've seen it at least once, maybe twice on the crime shows.

You're right, here's one that happened in 2007:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14410302/detail.html
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VALee For This Useful Post:
  #65  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:28 PM
bogeygal's Avatar
bogeygal bogeygal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,840
Welcome aboard night64003,

So glad you joined us and shared your post's. BTW, I'm in Northern NJ and we had a whopping 2ft of snow by this morning. So we could be somewhat neighbor's! Welcome aboard WS!

I missed the NG show, as we ventured out to dinner tonight and the road's were nasty. Thanks to all tonight who posted about the NG show which I missed.

Last edited by bogeygal; 02-26-2010 at 09:30 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bogeygal For This Useful Post:
  #66  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Bathbuddys's Avatar
Bathbuddys Bathbuddys is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wild Midwest!
Posts: 815
LP has a LOT of people calling him and telling him theories. i know I have called him at least 3 times with different things. I am sure he gets some things jarbled up. He is a VERY nice man and very EASY to talk to. Rob and Tracy too.

I still think something happened with Caylee in that pool.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bathbuddys For This Useful Post:
  #67  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Horace Finklestein Horace Finklestein is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathbuddys View Post
LP has a LOT of people calling him and telling him theories. i know I have called him at least 3 times with different things. I am sure he gets some things jarbled up. He is a VERY nice man and very EASY to talk to. Rob and Tracy too.

I still think something happened with Caylee in that pool.
LP has outlived his usefulness in this case. I wish he would go away. Tracy is no one to admire, considering she supports casey.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Horace Finklestein For This Useful Post:
  #68  
Old 02-26-2010, 10:30 PM
azwriter's Avatar
azwriter azwriter is offline
Sister Mary Wanna
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 4,229
Evidence kept secret from the defense for 30 days - that's highly unusual. I wonder if this new found evidence being kept underwraps, has anything to do with fingerprints on tape and that there are more than Casey's prints but someone else from her family too?
Wouldn't that call for new charges on someone else? jmo
I love a mystery.
__________________
The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to azwriter For This Useful Post:
  #69  
Old 02-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Wise Old Owl's Avatar
Wise Old Owl Wise Old Owl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South FloriDUH
Posts: 13,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly1978 View Post
I don't think the prosecution will have any problem proving that this was likely the murder weapon, the tape was on her nose and mouth and wrapped around her head her hair had to be cut to remove the tape, the person (Casey) had no intentions of removing the tape. With the fact that the bones were scattered they have no clue if Caylees hands were bound
Or they found (or can prove) another piece of duct tape was around her hands? Or KC's prints are on "something" - it is truly amazing what they can pull prints from and how they do it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by azwriter View Post
Evidence kept secret from the defense for 30 days - that's highly unusual. I wonder if this new found evidence being kept underwraps, has anything to do with fingerprints on tape and that there are more than Casey's prints but someone else from her family too?
Wouldn't that call for new charges on someone else? jmo I love a mystery.
bbm:

I don't really get this - kept secret for 30 days. Does that mean in 30 days this "secret evidence" will be released? Why 30 days? What does that do for the prosecution? More test results? Can one of our legal eagles explain?
  #70  
Old 02-27-2010, 05:25 AM
Tulessa's Avatar
Tulessa Tulessa is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
Posts: 11,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagain View Post
Well she DID whisper to Jose "make it (or him) stop" right?
No, she whispered that to AL.
__________________
Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

Alan and Lisa Tackett. Murdered, March 2008. Sweet Justice, 2012
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:
  #71  
Old 02-27-2010, 08:48 AM
LambChop's Avatar
LambChop LambChop is online now
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT/NC
Posts: 17,623
There is something wrong with the daisy chain theory as KC was due to get out on bail just prior to RK first reporting on August 11th that he had seen something in the woods. KC had just been talking with her parents about getting Caylee home in time for a birthday on the jailhouse tape a few weeks before. There is no way KC would be discussing where Caylee was with anyone, including JB. She still had the family on the hook about the Nanny so if that conversation did take place and overheard it was done after RK actually sited the remains. No, KC was still on a roll with her whoppers at that time. JMO

Edit to include: Plus KC was out on bail when SA offered her limited immuity if she wanted to talk and I believe that was the second time in October. I would think that would have been the time she said something to JB and may be why he asked if she could go out with JB and help seach. Maybe she planned on showing him exactly where she put Caylee.

Last edited by LambChop; 02-27-2010 at 08:52 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:
  #72  
Old 02-27-2010, 09:42 AM
watcher9 watcher9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North GA
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
There is something wrong with the daisy chain theory as KC was due to get out on bail just prior to RK first reporting on August 11th that he had seen something in the woods. KC had just been talking with her parents about getting Caylee home in time for a birthday on the jailhouse tape a few weeks before. There is no way KC would be discussing where Caylee was with anyone, including JB. She still had the family on the hook about the Nanny so if that conversation did take place and overheard it was done after RK actually sited the remains. No, KC was still on a roll with her whoppers at that time. JMO

Edit to include: Plus KC was out on bail when SA offered her limited immuity if she wanted to talk and I believe that was the second time in October. I would think that would have been the time she said something to JB and may be why he asked if she could go out with JB and help seach. Maybe she planned on showing him exactly where she put Caylee.
Imagine what kind of stories KC would weave if she were able to "search" and JUST happen to find her daughter's remains...
The Following User Says Thank You to watcher9 For This Useful Post:
  #73  
Old 02-27-2010, 09:55 AM
debbie0604's Avatar
debbie0604 debbie0604 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALee View Post
You're right, here's one that happened in 2007:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14410302/detail.html
Oh wow!! I remember that case!! I went to school with the Marietta police spokesman too! That is so sad!
__________________

JEFF ASHTON AND LINDA DRANE-BURDICK ARE MY HEROES!!
The Following User Says Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:
  #74  
Old 02-27-2010, 09:58 AM
Fluffy Puppy Fluffy Puppy is offline
Your dog wants steak.
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,463
I actually don't care when NG's opinions are off-base, I am just glad to see some coverage with the possibility of hearing SOMETHING (anything) new.
__________________
My opinion only, please keep it that way
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy Puppy For This Useful Post:
  #75  
Old 02-27-2010, 10:05 AM
LambChop's Avatar
LambChop LambChop is online now
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT/NC
Posts: 17,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by watcher9 View Post
Imagine what kind of stories KC would weave if she were able to "search" and JUST happen to find her daughter's remains...
You would have to wonder why LP would continue to say this when it was less than a month after KC's arrest and RK would have had to arrange for his route to be changed which could mean there would be many more people involved. And then to have kept it a secret from LE for this length of time. For every person involved it is less likely the secret would be kept. I don't understand why NG keeps bringing him onto the show. Clearly LP was not well last night and still would not pass up the opportunity to be on the show. I don't get it. JMO
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nancy Grace 02.09.2010. WillenFan21 Haleigh Cummings 7 02-10-2010 01:10 AM
Nancy Grace 02.04.2010. WillenFan21 Haleigh Cummings 260 02-05-2010 12:58 AM
Nancy Grace - 2 Feb 2010 WillenFan21 Gabriel Johnson 37 02-03-2010 09:50 AM
Nancy Grace 02.01.2010. WillenFan21 Haleigh Cummings 10 02-01-2010 09:29 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!