Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 05-05-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
Are you saying that RM/BL could care less what anybody else thought, so no reason to lie? In other words, he was not concerned about lying or covering up what someone else viewed as a lie? You either put up with him/her, or you didn't? (but then maybe he felt abandoned by people?)
That is correct but not only that, his reality was whatever he created for himself and he believed what he created.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:28 PM

2. When with like-minded peers, s/he engages in superficial, loud, and distracting silliness. Alone in public, s/he is self-consciously anxious. One-to-one s/he may display inappropriate or anxious laughter to mask underlying anxiety. With age, becomes increasingly more sullen, hostile, and isolated, with shallow and transparent emotional displays to motivate others.

This is difficult because there was never a "like-minded peer." I've never met anyone like him. Before or after. However, I will speak of similarities and use them as my guide.

When we were engaged with people who had somewhat similar thoughts and ideas he would be a "leader." He would openly and honestly share his thoughts and ideas. He was very proud of himself in this area.

He was never anxious while alone. He was secure in himself not caring what others thought. He would do embarrassing things while in public like impersonate Elvis in song and dance. I think it was more for the shock factor than anything.

As far as later years I can only go on what my son has told me which was that he became more and more depressed and withdrawn as years passed. Also, I think the photo of him sitting on the bed in a pink robe with his head in the pillow speaks volumes as part of this along with some of his writings where he speaks of being alone and isolated.

I think I will give 2:1
Old 05-05-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that RM/BL could care less what anybody else thought, so no reason to lie? In other words, he was not concerned about lying or covering up what someone else viewed as a lie? You either put up with him/her, or you didn't? (but then maybe he felt abandoned by people?)
He was abandoned by nearly everyone except his grandmother who he used frequently but I do believe genuinely loved her.

The issue was that his thought process was so bizarre that he never had any friends. If he did for a short time, they left very quickly when they got to know him. When I say, NO friends...I mean NONE! He caused his own abandonment due to his behavior and his wild ideas. Thing is...he could not see his issues. People would try to tell him and he would get angry and sometimes very violent acting. He could never hold a job more than a couple months at a time and rarely worked. He was always on government assistance of some sort because he believed "they owed it to him."
Old 05-06-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Items 3 and 16 = 4.
I agree .... kind-of jumps out at you.

Russell
Old 08-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Doer of Things

Just read both of the threads on this. What a fascinating exercise! I wish it had garnered more attention and participation. I don't know the story behind the person being discussed. I will have to look it up. This profiling is very interesting. I am still too involved in the database to have the time to spend on it, but hopefully will be able to delve a little deeper at a later date.

What would be the practical uses of such a profiling system? How could this information be translated into a tool for use on WS cases? Can this be used to help identify an unknown perp? If it would serve a purpose for our cases here, I would certainly be interested in developing the use of the system and becoming adept at it myself. I would have to wait until I got the database to the level it needs to be at. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?