Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 04-04-2010, 12:01 PM
AutumnRose's Avatar
AutumnRose AutumnRose is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by amysmom View Post
I think she means the other 'CC'? Unless I missed something!
No, I think she means the one who is much closer to mama is all photo's.
  #77  
Old 04-04-2010, 12:14 PM
amysmom amysmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 3,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnRose View Post
No, I think she means the one who is much closer to mama is all photo's.
K! I thought this was re: the man sitting behind WC who was distraught..Someone said it was 'CC'..The other one..Nevermind
  #78  
Old 04-04-2010, 12:27 PM
georockgirl georockgirl is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by amysmom View Post
K! I thought this was re: the man sitting behind WC who was distraught..Someone said it was 'CC'..The other one..Nevermind
The only person that I ever talked about was WC son, MC's brother CC in the first row. That is it. That was only an observation and nothing else.
The Following User Says Thank You to georockgirl For This Useful Post:
  #79  
Old 04-04-2010, 12:32 PM
amysmom amysmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 3,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by georockgirl View Post
The only person that I ever talked about was WC son, MC's brother CC in the first row. That is it. That was only an observation and nothing else.
Not you, sorry IF I implied that, but another poster told us to look at the person sitting "8 rows down behind WC" who was very distraught..They said it was "CC"..The one we know is not her son but a friend of JF.

Last edited by amysmom; 04-04-2010 at 12:52 PM.
  #80  
Old 04-04-2010, 12:47 PM
shortstuff shortstuff is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 75
can someone please help me with "searching" here n WS?

I want to be able to study all the posts that have to do with LE and thier statements regarding cell phones.

How do I do this? TYIA
  #81  
Old 04-04-2010, 12:54 PM
amysmom amysmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 3,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
can someone please help me with "searching" here n WS?

I want to be able to study all the posts that have to do with LE and thier statements regarding cell phones.

How do I do this? TYIA
Go to SEARCH at top of page (in blue box) & put in LE cell phones & you want to check 'show posts' not 'threads'..Good luck

eta..you may get posts just re: cell phones & not including LE..Not sure if there is any way around that.

Last edited by amysmom; 04-04-2010 at 12:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to amysmom For This Useful Post:
  #82  
Old 04-04-2010, 02:00 PM
No More No More is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by amysmom View Post
Not you, sorry IF I implied that, but another poster told us to look at the person sitting "8 rows down behind WC" who was very distraught..They said it was "CC"..The one we know is not her son but a friend of JF.
Can someone re-post the link to those photos? TIA.

ETA: or can you post the link to the picture in question? Is it the guy with gray hair and sunglasses on top of his head?

Last edited by No More; 04-04-2010 at 02:11 PM.
  #83  
Old 04-04-2010, 02:41 PM
justiceformackenzie's Avatar
justiceformackenzie justiceformackenzie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by No More View Post
Can someone re-post the link to those photos? TIA.

ETA: or can you post the link to the picture in question? Is it the guy with gray hair and sunglasses on top of his head?
http://wenatcheeworld.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/20100225-150446-pic-411452096_t550x450.jpg?ac11bf8fe6c3fa35f94967ba750 209537ec39bf0[/url]

Here's the link, but what picture are you looking at?
  #84  
Old 04-04-2010, 03:02 PM
averageguy averageguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by alt.theory View Post
Ok, not to mess up any time lines, but...

Chelan County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jerry Moore, when asked when MC went missing, stated: "Tuesday, February 9th at 3:15 was the last time we heard from MacKenzie"

This is from a verbal interview at golakechelan on the day MC's body was found, Feb. 13th.


The word "heard" seems to be emphasized by the spokesman, which makes sense because the WW article from earlier that day said LE was gonna "pore over more than 1,000 pages of phone records." According to our cell phone experts, IIRC, these initial records would have been the billing records showing numbers and texts sent or received and the time they were placed or received.

Therefore, with the information fresh in the spokesman's mind, I think we have been told the time of MC's last voice phone call, 3:15 on Feb. 9th, (although not whether MC placed or received it)
.

A 3:15 phone call doesn't match up with anything on our time-line... yet. But -- SPECULATION -- it would be about the right time for her to place a call -- leaving school at 3:01 and driving for ten or so minutes, then placing a call to someone. More speculation: maybe the phone call was her saying, "I'm outta school and waiting for you. How long till you get here?" --OR-- "I'm outta school. Where do you wanna meet?" This might account for what MC was doing until the last reported text message of "hey" at 3:40 from boat launch. It was 20 or so minutes partially spent driving to and then waiting at the boat launch area for the person she had called at 3:15. <--SPECULATION of course.

Still, maybe she received this 3:15 call from someone else, although I don't think likely. Person calling would not have wanted to bug her while she was still at school and it sounds like, according to her bf, (via Melissa), MC's schedule wasn't firm for that day -- not even sure she was gonna go to school at all -- so how would this other person know in advance that she would be done by 3:15? Just sounds more like a case of, "I'll call you when I'm free" kind of situation, IMO.

More pondering... sigh...
Excellent investigative theories & sleuthing here alt.theory - you're coloring outside the lines...in a productive way...good reasoning
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to averageguy For This Useful Post:
  #85  
Old 04-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Gone Too Soon's Avatar
Gone Too Soon Gone Too Soon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by No More View Post
Welcome back. Here's one to edit:

VDD - When Mackenzie was 12 (not 14), WC took out a restraining order against VDD, who was 17 years old at the time that he was involved with MC. TIA!
IIRC the "event" in question occurred in 5/2005 and subsequently prosecution commenced in 9/2005 and concluded with a plea in 1/2006 just before MC turned 14. That would make MC 13 at the time of the offense and VDD would have been 17. The RO was part of the plea agreement and likely put in place by LE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
Hey, guys... I'm still swamped. I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I've been ebaying, Eastering, and tending to pups, which now have their eyes open and are growling and barking... need to put up new pics... I haven't had time to go through my inbox, but will do so Monday. Tomorrow will be another busy day... gah!

So here's my request. Will everyone look at the timeline and if you see something that needs to be edited/added, then please post in green in this thread so that I can catch it easily and edit.

Thanks for your help... and I hope every single one of you, my WS friends all, has a wonderful Easter.


So Puf, hope this helps, I'll try to gather the documentation from the courts site to support and get it to you.

Last edited by Gone Too Soon; 04-04-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: grammar error
The Following User Says Thank You to Gone Too Soon For This Useful Post:
  #86  
Old 04-04-2010, 03:44 PM
pufnstuf's Avatar
pufnstuf pufnstuf is offline
"Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Evil forest
Posts: 3,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancee Drue View Post
Possible Rumor to Add:

There's a possibility that MC drove through a car wash, with a passenger in her car, February 9. The exact time of day is unknown, however it could have been between 3 and 4:14. This rumor was stated by several WS members and not JV.


Need a WS member as the source of this, and the WS member needs to tell us where this came from. Name of Car Wash, etc.

Last edited by pufnstuf; 04-04-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: cuz i'm mental
  #87  
Old 04-04-2010, 03:45 PM
pufnstuf's Avatar
pufnstuf pufnstuf is offline
"Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Evil forest
Posts: 3,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmadre View Post
Yep. I am switching to orange. Puf...you HAVE been busy, and it is very late. Just see one correction in your "second-hand" time line.
snipped by me;

JV's March 9 timeline, as he reported to MelissaW

I am guessing you meant to say February 9th? Thanks for all of your hard work, and congrats. on the pups! (At first I thought sleuthers were referring to grandkids or something. REAL pups. How fun!)


Dang. Thanks!
  #88  
Old 04-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Gone Too Soon's Avatar
Gone Too Soon Gone Too Soon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Thanks to Moonsabove's posting of the actual flyer, the fact that Mackenzie left the Academy for what was supposed to be a short 15 minute break can now be added to the timeline.

I think it would be good to also add that this flyer was not distributed until a couple weeks (IIRC) after Mackenzie went missing. IIRC, it was the latter part of February, but I will do some checking to be certain.

The reward flyers were primarily distributed on Tuesday; March 2 in greater NCW. I have first-hand knowledge of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gone Too Soon For This Useful Post:
  #89  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:04 PM
pufnstuf's Avatar
pufnstuf pufnstuf is offline
"Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Evil forest
Posts: 3,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaW View Post
They never told him that. Do we know for sure that they told anyone that or was that just an assumption to explain that lack of presence from other? IMO, from all of the murders I've seen and followed, the family usually does speak to the media in the some form and not doing so is more odd than doing so.

I mean, they don't really tell the family more necessarily than they tell us, right, because how can you have complete confidence that they won't talk to someone, especially when distraught and needing to talk.
According to a news report video, WC did not want to comment to the media and said that she had been instructed not to discuss the case.

I think it's in the Factual Timeline. Linked to the video.
The Following User Says Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:
  #90  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:07 PM
pufnstuf's Avatar
pufnstuf pufnstuf is offline
"Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Evil forest
Posts: 3,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by alt.theory View Post
Ok, not to mess up any time lines, but...

Chelan County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jerry Moore, when asked when MC went missing, stated: "Tuesday, February 9th at 3:15 was the last time we heard from MacKenzie"

This is from a verbal interview at golakechelan on the day MC's body was found, Feb. 13th.


The word "heard" seems to be emphasized by the spokesman, which makes sense because the WW article from earlier that day said LE was gonna "pore over more than 1,000 pages of phone records." According to our cell phone experts, IIRC, these initial records would have been the billing records showing numbers and texts sent or received and the time they were placed or received.

Therefore, with the information fresh in the spokesman's mind, I think we have been told the time of MC's last voice phone call, 3:15 on Feb. 9th, (although not whether MC placed or received it)
.

A 3:15 phone call doesn't match up with anything on our time-line... yet. But -- SPECULATION -- it would be about the right time for her to place a call -- leaving school at 3:01 and driving for ten or so minutes, then placing a call to someone. More speculation: maybe the phone call was her saying, "I'm outta school and waiting for you. How long till you get here?" --OR-- "I'm outta school. Where do you wanna meet?" This might account for what MC was doing until the last reported text message of "hey" at 3:40 from boat launch. It was 20 or so minutes partially spent driving to and then waiting at the boat launch area for the person she had called at 3:15. <--SPECULATION of course.

Still, maybe she received this 3:15 call from someone else, although I don't think likely. Person calling would not have wanted to bug her while she was still at school and it sounds like, according to her bf, (via Melissa), MC's schedule wasn't firm for that day -- not even sure she was gonna go to school at all -- so how would this other person know in advance that she would be done by 3:15? Just sounds more like a case of, "I'll call you when I'm free" kind of situation, IMO.

More pondering... sigh...
Will add the interview to the factual time line.
The Following User Says Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:
  #91  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:14 PM
ajfa's Avatar
ajfa ajfa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Thanks to Moonsabove's posting of the actual flyer, the fact that Mackenzie left the Academy for what was supposed to be a short 15 minute break can now be added to the timeline.

I think it would be good to also add that this flyer was not distributed until a couple weeks (IIRC) after Mackenzie went missing. IIRC, it was the latter part of February, but I will do some checking to be certain.
I found
this post by Psychnatural dated March 10 from thread #7
that says, in part,

"There was some debate as to whether she left the academy on break or if she was done with school for the day, and I just received a reward information poster/flyer to put up in my local business which states that she left for a 15 minute break and never returned."

If this is the same flyer in the picture posted by Moonsabove, then this particular poster came out sometime around March 10th, or, at the very least, that's when Moonsabove got it. Was there more than one poster that was distributed, I wonder?

Last edited by ajfa; 04-04-2010 at 06:02 PM.
  #92  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Moonsabove Moonsabove is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wenatchee
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfa View Post
If this is the same flyer in the picture posted by Moonsabove, then this particular poster came out around March 10th, or, at the very least, that's when Moonsabove got it. Was there more than one poster that was distributed, I wonder?
I took the picture of the reward flyer with my husband's phone camera on Saturday morning (day before Easter) at the south end Auto Mocha. I usually run the majority of my errands on my lunch hour during the week, and the remaining ones over the weekend. The first time I had ever seen one of the reward flyers was this Saturday. Are the reward flyers posted all around the valley, or at just select business? Just seems they'd normally be posted all around, along with the family releasing some sort of statement. If we're almost two months out, and as far as we know, there hasn't been much progress - but that is only based from not hearing much in the way of "good news" from LE. IDK...that's me just sayin'
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moonsabove For This Useful Post:
  #93  
Old 04-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Miss Optimism's Avatar
Miss Optimism Miss Optimism is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 599
For those of you asking about JV going to Shari's, I asked him about it and here's his answer:

He said that he went straight home after leaving PC at 12:45 the evening MC went missing (or, I guess it would be considered the following morning.) He said that LE asked him if he went to Shari's afterward, and they asked this multiple times even though he already told them no. Apparently, they were able to confirm he wasn't there, through questing employees, looking at surveillance, etc. They then actually apologized to him for the repetitive questioning.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Miss Optimism For This Useful Post:
  #94  
Old 04-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Nancee Drue's Avatar
Nancee Drue Nancee Drue is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaW View Post
Man, I highly doubt it. I don't even know my own birth time, LOL! I wonder if birth certificates can be pulled from a record database?
Some states have birth indexes. I don't think WA has one. I looked on Ancestry.com.
  #95  
Old 04-04-2010, 05:27 PM
lbpom63's Avatar
lbpom63 lbpom63 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: wenatchee wa
Posts: 171
Puff,
Please add that JF built the spec home and list the address.
Thanks , have fun with the pups, only little once!!
PS, I sent you the addess in PM
  #96  
Old 04-04-2010, 06:00 PM
greydiggity greydiggity is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 441
Would LE be tapping phones if they have a POI? Can internet be tapped as well?
  #97  
Old 04-04-2010, 06:05 PM
alt.theory's Avatar
alt.theory alt.theory is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 343
Jerry Moore on Sunday morning Feb. 14th, (the day after MC's body found), gave another verbal interview with GLC and stated: "The crime lab was in town on Wednesday and processed MacKenzie's vehicle and nothing substantial was found in the vehicle."

IIRC, the task force asked the crime lab to take another shot at getting some forensic data from MC's car, but I don't know where I heard that or when that search occurred.

Not that it really helps us much, but the time-line can now also include:

10 February 2010 (Wednesday):

"The crime lab was in town on Wednesday and processed MacKenzie's vehicle and nothing substantial was found in the vehicle." Quote from Chelan County Sheriff's spokesman Jerry Moore via verbal interview given to golakechelan.


Sidenote: We know that it was Wednesday the 10th because the interview was given, and posted at GoLakeChelan, on Sunday the 14th. Meaning it could only have been the Wednesday the 10th, the day after MC's car was found, which this search occurred.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alt.theory For This Useful Post:
  #98  
Old 04-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Miss Optimism's Avatar
Miss Optimism Miss Optimism is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
According to a news report video, WC did not want to comment to the media and said that she had been instructed not to discuss the case.

I think it's in the Factual Timeline. Linked to the video.
I was wondering if anyone could explain this to me. Is it regular practice for the police to instruct the victim's family not to talk to the media? I've just seen so many families talk to the media in the past. I would think that the police wouldn't give the family any information that could possibly hinder the case in the first place.

Can they legally tell the family not to talk about it at all or do they need to get a gag order to enforce this? From my research, gag orders are only given during the trial.

Maybe someone here knows more about this and could explain it better to me. I tried doing my own research online, but couldn't find anything about police telling the victim's family to be quiet. Ugh.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Optimism For This Useful Post:
  #99  
Old 04-04-2010, 06:27 PM
alt.theory's Avatar
alt.theory alt.theory is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaW View Post
For those of you asking about JV going to Shari's, I asked him about it and here's his answer:

He said that he went straight home after leaving PC at 12:45 the evening MC went missing (or, I guess it would be considered the following morning.) He said that LE asked him if he went to Shari's afterward, and they asked this multiple times even though he already told them no. Apparently, they were able to confirm he wasn't there, through questing employees, looking at surveillance, etc. They then actually apologized to him for the repetitive questioning.
Thank you. Thank you. So, could you ask if anyone else could have had access to his vehicle while he was at work? Is where he parks while working a place that Target security cameras would cover? Did MC have keys for it or ever like to borrow it? (Just thinking if she was trying to impress someone for a first-time meet at Sharis, she might not want to be driving her POS).

Yes, I realize this is a stretch -- the vehicle has to get back to Target within an hour so as not to be noticed when JV gets off work and if something happened to MC how did the vehicle make it back??? Just grasping...


If no one could have had access to JV's vehicle, does he know of anyone that has the same, (almost exact), vehicle as his? Maybe just something he noticed around town, (or sometimes owners even like to meet?).

Someone stated earlier about a friend of JF having one that was same, even with a spoiler, but different color. The color difference was such that it might not be notice if LE were looking at black and white security camera images from Sharis. More ponderings...

Thanks again Melissa for whatever you come back with...

And yes, IIRC, there was an article somewhere quoting I believe RC that LE had asked him not to talk about the case.

ETA: According to just posted comment, it sounds like it was WC that made that statement. Although WC may have additional information about the case/suspect(s) that JV does not and that would be why she was told to not to talk about the case while JV was not ask this. If this is true, that LE doesn't care if JV talks about the case, I would think WW should be told this information so they can do an interview with him, (if he is willing). Getting this story back on the front page might actually help the investigation -- informing the suspect(s) that this is NEVER just gonna go away.

Last edited by alt.theory; 04-04-2010 at 06:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to alt.theory For This Useful Post:
  #100  
Old 04-04-2010, 06:38 PM
AutumnRose's Avatar
AutumnRose AutumnRose is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
Need a WS member as the source of this, and the WS member needs to tell us where this came from. Name of Car Wash, etc.
That came from Sillyputty. I haven't seen him/her today. Perhaps a PM?
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
body found, chelan county, columbia river, cowell, crescent bar, douglas county, evidence markers, mackenzie, mackenzie cowell, missing cell phone data, missing teen, murder, orondo, pitcher canyon, riverfront park, robbin wagg, seventeen, sheriff mike harum, washington, wenatchee high school

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Orondo/Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13 Salem Located Forum Discussion 923 03-31-2010 02:20 AM
Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Orondo/Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11 hoppyfrog Located Forum Discussion 803 03-19-2010 04:45 PM
Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Orondo/Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8 Salem Located Forum Discussion 794 03-12-2010 04:41 PM
Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Orondo/Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #4 Salem Located Forum Discussion 386 03-04-2010 10:57 PM
Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Orondo/Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Located Forum Discussion 613 02-19-2010 09:45 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!