AL AL - Annie Sullivan, 85, Bessemer, 24 Apr 1991

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
No Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP64269
Annie Sullivan

Female, White / Caucasian
Height 5' 0" - 5' 2" (60 - 62 Inches)
Weight 100 - 110 lbs

Hair Color Gray or Partially Gray
Eye Color Brown

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact April 24, 1991
NamUs Case Created January 13, 2020
Last Known Location Map
Location Bessemer, Alabama
Jefferson County

Circumstances of Disappearance

A friend who went to her home that day – April 24 – to take her to the doctor found blood on two beds. A cigarette was found in the house, though Sullivan didn't smoke. The freezer door was left open, and half of Sullivan's dentures were in the house. Bessemer police found no signs of forced entry and blood splatter patterns didn't indicate a struggle. Sullivan's gun was on the bed. Her purse and $500 also remained in the home. Police and hundreds of volunteers combed the woods surrounding Sullivan’s home and came out with nothing but theories.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Bumping for Annie - it's now been over 31 years and there is virtually no mention of this case online.

Annie Sullivan

Annie Sullivan
was a little reddish-haired grandmother who disappeared in 1991 from her Lacey's Chapel home. She had an energy that belied her 85 years and, shortly before her disappearance, single-handedly dug a 300-foot ditch at her home. A friend who went to her home that day – April 24 – to take her to the doctor found blood on two beds. A cigarette was found in the house, though Sullivan didn't smoke. The freezer door was left open, and half of Sullivan's dentures were in the house. Bessemer police found no signs of forced entry and blood splatter patterns didn't indicate a struggle. Sullivan's gun was on the bed. Her purse and $500 also remained in the home.

Police and hundreds of volunteers combed the woods surrounding Sullivan’s home and came out with nothing but theories. One is that she fell ill or had an accident in the middle of the night and, dazed, wandered away down nearby Alabama 150. Following that course, she might have strayed into nearby woods and fallen into a mine shaft, sinkhole or well. Two weeks after her disappearance, a woman reported talking to someone she thought was Sullivan and asked her. “Aren’t you Annie Sullivan?’’ The woman replied, “Yes I am.” The woman didn’t report it to police because she thought the woman had gone home. “I think she was abducted but cannot prove that,” her grandson Billy Banks said in 1995. “It’s just like she vanished into space.”

Picture - not all that clear but someone can likely do something w/ edit. Newspapers.com; Birmingham Post-Herald, 29 Apr 91, pg 19.
1659496384559.png

1659496519260.png

Could she be the lady in Berrien County Mi found, they have done the dna sequencing and it says Sullivan could be a last name. Wonder if she is of Irish Decent. Her Thread is under Betty the Bag Lady.

Could she be the lady in Berrien County Mi found, they have done the dna sequencing and it says Sullivan could be a last name. Wonder if she is of Irish Decent. Her Thread is under Betty the Bag Lady.
I can see a resemblance to the clay model of Betty.

No Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP64269
Annie Sullivan

Female, White / Caucasian
Height 5' 0" - 5' 2" (60 - 62 Inches)
Weight 100 - 110 lbs

Hair Color Gray or Partially Gray
Eye Color Brown

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact April 24, 1991
NamUs Case Created January 13, 2020
Last Known Location Map
Location Bessemer, Alabama
Jefferson County

Circumstances of Disappearance
A friend who went to her home that day – April 24 – to take her to the doctor found blood on two beds. A cigarette was found in the house, though Sullivan didn't smoke. The freezer door was left open, and half of Sullivan's dentures were in the house. Bessemer police found no signs of forced entry and blood splatter patterns didn't indicate a struggle. Sullivan's gun was on the bed. Her purse and $500 also remained in the home. Police and hundreds of volunteers combed the woods surrounding Sullivan’s home and came out with nothing but theories.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I need the public's Help Finding This womans Next Of Kin!! I and my husband have found a lead and turned it over to Bill Yates, We are currently looking for her family for a DNA match!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back