Australia Australia - Gordana Kotevski 16, Newcastle, 24 Nov 1994

NSW Police have announced a $1 million reward for information relating to the cold case murder of missing Lake Macquarie teenager Gordana Kotevski.

The 16-year-old was last seen around 9pm on November 24, 1994.

Gordana Kotevski was forced into a vehicle on Powell Street at Charlestown, while walking from a shopping centre to her aunt's home on the same road. She has not been seen since.

A $100,000 reward for information into her disappearance was announced more than 10 years ago, but today the NSW Government and NSW Police will increase that to $1 million.

I saw this on Flash news from about the same time as @TootsieFootsie 's article above.

Gives the background story of the stalking from "the spook".

There are three separate videos here from NSW police for Missing Children giving details of the reward. A reporter questioning her mother asking how it feels and continuing with similar questions was a bit cringy (from the reporter) imo.

The seven news report

Best thing we can do for Gordana is keep her in people's memory so the case can possibly be solved.

Anyone know what year model hi-lux and wether its 2wd or 4wd they are looking for?
Welcome to Ws @Bunta! Will look for more info. about the car, just have this bit for now..
Re post rbbm
1699115326515.png
A car similar to the vehicle police believe is linked to the disappearance of two NSW teens. CREDIT:NSW POLICE
''A strike force was set up in April to investigate the cases. Detectives have identified a vehicle they believe may be linked to the disappearance and suspected murders of Robyn Hickie and Amanda Robinson.

The vehicle is described as a distinct green-coloured, mid-1970s four-door Holden Torana sedan.

Lake Macquarie Police District Crime Manager, Detective Chief Inspector Greg Thomas, said this was a significant new lead.

"We are hoping anyone who was living in the Lake Macquarie region in the late 1970s may have a recollection of this Holden Torana, in particular in the month of April 1979.''

Welcome to Ws @Bunta! Will look for more info. about the car, just have this bit for now..
Re post rbbm
View attachment 458200
A car similar to the vehicle police believe is linked to the disappearance of two NSW teens. CREDIT:NSW POLICE
''A strike force was set up in April to investigate the cases. Detectives have identified a vehicle they believe may be linked to the disappearance and suspected murders of Robyn Hickie and Amanda Robinson.

The vehicle is described as a distinct green-coloured, mid-1970s four-door Holden Torana sedan.

Lake Macquarie Police District Crime Manager, Detective Chief Inspector Greg Thomas, said this was a significant new lead.

"We are hoping anyone who was living in the Lake Macquarie region in the late 1970s may have a recollection of this Holden Torana, in particular in the month of April 1979.''
Hi Dot

I think this was linked to Robyn Hickie and Amanda Robinson more than Gordana. Witnesses saw a Hilux.

Attachments

• Hilux.png
    Hilux.png
    466.6 KB · Views: 1
From recent articles in the Australian it seems the focus again points to Warren John McCorriston at least for the disappearance of Robyn Hickie and Amanda Robinson. The link is because I am not a subscriber.

Having read the articles from above NSW Police Strike Force Arapaima investigating the disappearances of Robyn Hickie, Amanda Robinson and Gordana Kotevski found that at the same time that Amanda Robinson finished at a dance that the Scout group fundraiser finished. Possibly her route walking home would have been past the Swansea bowling club where the fundraiser was occurring.

Warren McCorriston was at the fundraiser as was George Cecil jailed for possessing child abuse images. Identical twins Richard and Stephen Mateer who have since been jailed for the sexual abuse of young boys in the 1980s and ’90s.

Nords Wharf where the Scout camp was was searched in 2021 after the reward for Amanda Robinson and Robyn Hickie was raised to 2 million (1 million each).

Graffiti has mysteriously appeared in Newcastle, marking the 29th anniversary of schoolgirl Gordana Kotevski's abduction from a suburban street.

Tributes to the 16-year-old have appeared on several inner-city buildings and surfaces, as her disappearance continues to resonate with the coastal New South Wales community.

Warren McCorriston appeared in Belmont Local Court today.
Hi Wah79
This isn't for Gordana but is related to the investigation for Strikeforce I haven't got access to an article it seems to be another 16 year old as it was at Gateshead.

I had a quick listen to Nine News and she came forward after hearing he was being looked at in relation to the disappearances of Robyn Hickie and Amanda Robinson.

I hope they throw the book at him because this is about sexual assault number 8 that he has been charged with.

"McCorriston has been charged with four offences: forcible abduction of woman with intent to carnally knowledge, threaten injury to person with intent to commit an indictable offence, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and detain for advantage and cause injury to victim.
The offences allegedly occurred in Gateshead and involve a girl who was 16 at the time."

There is a huge time gap between Amanda and Robyn then Gordana. Given he has been charged with crimes from such a long time ago, I wonder what the hell he has been doing since. Did he move to QLD and become a saint? Probably not.

There is a huge time gap between Amanda and Robyn then Gordana. Given he has been charged with crimes from such a long time ago, I wonder what the hell he has been doing since. Did he move to QLD and become a saint? Probably not.
I believe he is the top POI at least for Amanda and Robyn given the proximity and they were only a fortnight apart. The latest charge was 1980 in Gateshead which was where Amanda was attending a dance.
This is from an earlier post.

"Amanda Robinson, 14, was last seen a fortnight later on Saturday, April 21, 1979 near a bus stop on Lake Road, Swansea, after attending a dance at her high school in Gateshead."

I believe he is the top POI at least for Amanda and Robyn given the proximity and they were only a fortnight apart. The latest charge was 1980 in Gateshead which was where Amanda was attending a dance.
This is from an earlier post.

"Amanda Robinson, 14, was last seen a fortnight later on Saturday, April 21, 1979 near a bus stop on Lake Road, Swansea, after attending a dance at her high school in Gateshead."
Yes 1979. Gordana disappeared in 1994. He has admitted to crimes from those early years and now charged with more. It's scary to think how many people he may have attacked between 1980 and 2023!

By Romy Stephens Posted 12h ago rbbm
1705499476879.png
Warren John McCorriston has been charged with four offences related to the 1980 abduction of a teenage girl.(Supplied)

''Key points:​

• Warren John McCorriston is accused of abducting a teenager in 1980
  • His arrest followed an investigation into the unrelated disappearances of three other teens
  • Mr McCorriston has been refused bail''
  • 1705499623423.png
Gordana Kotevski was 16 when she went missing.(Facebook)

''Gordana, 16, went missing from Charlestown in 1994.
Ms Hickie, 18, and Amanda, 14, disappeared from Belmont North and Swansea, respectively, in 1979.''

In the case of Gordana Kotevski police say they received credible information from a listener about Gordana’s disappearance, which they are now following up.

Yet another listener contacted me directly to tell me that she was stalked by two men in a vehicle similar to the one witnesses told police Gordana was thrown into. In the first episode of our new season I will examine if the two cases are linked, shedding new light on the investigation.

In the first episode of The Missing Australia podcast, a woman who fears she was stalked by the men who would then abduct Gordana Kotevski pleads “they’ve got to be stopped”.

*In episode 1: Echoes of an Abduction we hear the incredible story of Bianca Ball and her terrifying encounter with two men who bare chilling similarities with those who kidnapped Newcastle teen Gordana Kotevski.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilgrlbghrt
Back