AZ AZ - Rio Verde, MultMale 21-44, UP118816, Skeletal remains, Found in remote desert area of Tonto National Forest, Sketch, Mar'24

Hochman

Reaction score
"DNA will be submitted for CODIS."

Sketch by Stephen Missal
UP118816 crop.jpg

"Unidentified skeletal remains found in a remote desert area of the Tonto National Forest."

Sex - Male
Race - Multiple (White, Hispanic, or Native American)
Age Estimate - 21-44
DBF - March 3, 2024
Location - Tonto National Forest, Rio Verde, Arizona
PMI - 2 Years (1-5 Years per Maricopa ME)
Condition - Partial Skeleton
Inventory - One or more limbs & hands not recovered

Height - 5' 6"-5' 8" (66-68 inches) Estimated
Weight - Unknown

Hair Color - Unknown
Eye Color - Unknown

No other info.

Yeah I can't really convince myself about Khayman. The eyes look similar but the jaw does not. His face is much more rounded.
Incredible that the story fits well and the timeframe does also.

Tony has a slimmer face and the nose doesn't quite fit. The hairline is also quite different.

Also, the sketch looks older than estimated to me.

I'd be interested to know how much of the skull/facial features were preserved since the remains were partially skeletonized because I wonder how much of the sketch is "guessed" (i.e. nose, ears, hair)

I'd be interested to know how much of the skull/facial features were preserved since the remains were partially skeletonized because I wonder how much of the sketch is "guessed" (i.e. nose, ears, hair)
The remains were fully skeletonized with some bones missing, normally when something is only partially skeleton it's listed as "Partial remains with soft tissues".

The eyebrows and hair are probably the most guessed parts since those aren't able to be estimated through skeletal remains (unless hair is recovered). Other than that most facial features can be estimated to an acceptable degree.

The remains were fully skeletonized with some bones missing, normally when something is only partially skeleton it's listed as "Partial remains with soft tissues".

The eyebrows and hair are probably the most guessed parts since those aren't able to be estimated through skeletal remains (unless hair is recovered). Other than that most facial features can be estimated to an acceptable degree.

According to this article Facial reconstruction – anatomical art or artistic anatomy? Ears and lips are the least reliable in facial reconstruction, especially in forensic sense.

"the majority of facial feature morphology (at least 67% according to the study by Wilkinson et al. 2006) can be determined following scientific procedure, with lip and ear shapes the most difficult features to determine reliably. The skin layer in a child or young adult may be determined reliably, but as the adult age increases, the degree of artistic interpretation increases with respect to surface texture."

I guess I learned something today. :)

Yeah I can't really convince myself about Khayman. The eyes look similar but the jaw does not. His face is much more rounded.
Incredible that the story fits well and the timeframe does also.

Tony has a slimmer face and the nose doesn't quite fit. The hairline is also quite different.

Also, the sketch looks older than estimated to me.

I do wonder if his nose is genuinely that sharp, or if that's just how Missal draws noses.

MOO

I think you provided the wrong link
I did, my bad. I was going to bed, and tired.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back