Brooks County TX hundreds of Unidentified cases

Tbone144

Reaction score
To do some math:
Texas has 254 counties
Namus has 1791 unidentified person cases for TX
Brooks county has 353 cases in Namus.
Almost 20% of the unidentified cases in Namus are in this county alone (19.71%)

I've also noticed a strong trend with the abundance of unidentified people found in Brooks County, TX, along with other counties on the U.S - Mexico border. There are several unidentified people who were found in places like Pima County, AZ, which also encompasses the U.S - Mexico border. It's just that these cases are so difficult to solve due to language barriers, but more notably the differences in the distribution of power (in the U.S. verses Mexico & other countries where immigrants often come from).

Maybe these cases could be solved if was a way for people living in countries such as Mexico to file missing person reports and maybe this could not only give some of these unidentified people their names back, but to also be able to find the people who survived immigration, so their families can know where their relatives are. I know this would be incredibly tricky, considering all of the current controversy surrounding immigration, but just maybe . . .

What do you all think about all of this? Do you think there is a possible way to give these (most likely immigrant) unidentified people their names back? I especially want to hear from those who are more familiar with the countries from where many of these immigrants come from, as you all probably are much more knowledgeable about this subject than many of us are.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back