Location Last Seen: Mentone, San Bernardino County, California

Description:
  • Date of Birth: August 12, 1956
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 5' 0" (60 inches)
  • Weight: 89 lbs
  • Hair Color: Brown
  • Eye Color: Brown
  • Nickname/Alias: Shorty. Charlie/Charley.
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Has false teeth. Tattoo of a rose on left hand, "LF" on right hand, and "Debbie" tattooed on back.
  • Clothing & Personal Items: Unknown but usually wears masculine-style clothing.
  • Identifiers: Fingerprints available. Wears upper and lower dentures.
Circumstances of Disappearance:
White was last seen at her residence on Mentone Boulevard in Mentone, California on November 17, 1997.*** She had an argument with a friend that day and was last seen walking away from her house. She never returned home and has never been heard from again. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance are considered suspicious. Few details are available in White's case and her whereabouts remain unknown.

***There are discrepancies in regards to the missing date among investigators; possibly the date she was last seen vs. the date her missing persons report was filed.
***Some agencies report the missing date sometime between November 15-17 or on December 15, 1997.
***Some agencies report the missing location as San Bernardino, California but could possibly mean San Bernardino County.

Investigators:
  • San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department: (909) 387-3589
    Reference Case#: 049800867
  • WeTip at 1-800-78CRIME (800-782-7463)
NamUs Case Number: MP2717
NCIC Case Number: M-169517266

Missing Person / NamUs #MP2717
2020DFCA - Charlene Elizabeth White
Charlene Elizabeth White
Charlene Elizabeth White – The Charley Project

Last edited:
Why does Namus has her missing age at 39 yrs? Was she reported missing by someone who didn't know her details? Or was she living under another birth date? Just a mistake in Namus? Missing Person / NamUs #MP2717

I have doubts the address mentioned (Mentone Boulevard) was her permanent residence. No such traces could be found. Even worse; I couldn't find traces of her life under her full name, variations of that in combination with her birth date in My Heritage and Familysearch. Was the fried living there and she visited? All very vague.

Was the friend she had an argument with in "higher spaces" that they didn't remember the date they last saw her after the argument? Was the friend living there together with her or did she visit him/her? All very vague.

Based on the little and scattered info I don't get the feeling this case was looked into seriously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back