Cause of Death: Undetermined

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: February 27, 1985
NamUs Case Created: August 25, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed: N/A
Location Found: Nipton, California 92364
County: San Bernardino County
Circumstances of Recovery: Jane Doe #06-85 is a White female adult, between the ages of 22 and 32, found charred int he desert near Nipton, California. Identification can only be confirmed by dental X-rays, head X-rays, and DNA.
Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Charred/burned

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinctive Physical Features: No information entered

Clothing and Accessories
- None

News Coverage
"Female Body Found Near Nipton," Desert Dispatch [Barstow, CA], 28 February 1985, 2.
Female Body Found Near Nipton_.jpg

"Woman's burned body found," San Bernardino County Sun, 1 March 1985, B3.
Woman's burned body found_.jpg

An autopsy Thursday showed no apparent signs of trauma and no cause of death on the burned body of a nude woman found near here, sheriff's Sgt. Dick Lake said. The unidentified woman's body was found Wednesday alongside Nipton Road, about nine miles east of Interstate 15. Lake said she was dead before her body was burned and that it appeared the body was set afire at the site where it was found.

Lake said the woman was 5 feet 2 inches tall with brown hair. Authorities could not determine the color of her eyes or if she had any identifiable body marks. Lake said she had her appendix, she was not pregnant and she wasn't wearing jewelry. "We don't have anything from this county to match" her description, Lake said. He said the San Bernardino County Coroner's office will try to track the woman's identity through dental charts.

"Female Body Still Not Identified," Desert Dispatch [Barstow, CA], 4 March 1985, 2.
Female Body Still Not Identified_.jpg
The cause of death has not been determined, and toxicology tests are being performed by the San Bernardino County Coroner's office, Lake said.

I think there may be an earlier thread for this Doe on WS.

Edit: No, there is another unidentified Doe from Nipton, from '76.

Nipton is a remote, tiny community, but it is just off the main route from Los Angeles to Los Vegas. I imagine both Does may have been abducted and/or murdered in Vegas, and dumped in the desert near Nipton, by perpetrators heading back to L.A....

I think there may be an earlier thread for this Doe on WS.

Edit: No, there is another unidentified Doe from Nipton, from '76.

Nipton is a remote, tiny community, but it is just off the main route from Los Angeles to Los Vegas. I imagine both Does may have been abducted and/or murdered in Vegas, and dumped in the desert near Nipton, by perpetrators heading back to L.A....
Wait so.. two DIFFERENT 20-30 year old white women were found in remote areas near a tiny town mere days after they were killed? That's crazy.

I strongly think this could be the remains of Rhonda Lynn Yocom (MP6837), missing from Oroville, CA. She went missing at 19 years old, stood at 5'1", 115 pounds, has brown hair, and went missing 20 days before this body was found. She was last seen in the company of members of the Hell's Angels gang.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage
Back