CA CA - Rico Harris, 37, Former Harlem Globetrotter, Yolo County, 10 Oct 2014

Former Harlem Globetrotter Rico Omarr Harris was in the middle of a big life move from California to Oregon in the fall of 2014. He was traveling to visit his girlfriend in Seattle when, on October 10, 2014, he mysteriously disappeared. Rico, then 37, was last seen leaving the home that he shared with his mother in Alhambra, California. Three days later, his vehicle was found in the Yolo County Regional Park area near Rumsey, California, about 450 miles north of Alhambra. His wallet, cell phone and backpack were all located nearby. Anyone with information about Rico should contact the Yolo County Sheriff's Department at (530) 668-5248.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

Former Harlem Globetrotter Rico Omarr Harris was in the middle of a big life move from California to Oregon in the fall of 2014. He was traveling to visit his girlfriend in Seattle when, on October 10, 2014, he mysteriously disappeared. Rico, then 37, was last seen leaving the home that he shared with his mother in Alhambra, California. Three days later, his vehicle was found in the Yolo County Regional Park area near Rumsey, California, about 450 miles north of Alhambra. His wallet, cell phone and backpack were all located nearby. Anyone with information about Rico should contact the Yolo County Sheriff's Department at (530) 668-5248.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

I just saw his story on Disappeared--- What a mystery!!!! What do you think happened to him?

I just saw his story on Disappeared--- What a mystery!!!! What do you think happened to him?

I am going to try and answer my own question. I don't think he is still alive- he is such a huge individual, 6,9" and 250 #- he would be seen by someone, somewhere, so that leaves me with the idea that he is deceased. I think I read they said his car was ransacked- if that is true, he certainly could have met with foul play or he had an accident and fell into the water-- likely he was on some type of drug and/or alcohol. Though he is large, if two men decided to take him on, they could prevail.

As much as I hope Rico is out there, alive and well, I cant imagine how a 6'9 male weighing 300 pounds has not been spotted after all these years. I believe he relapsed...wandered off..maybe met foul play. His Mom needs answers and I hope and pray she gets them soon.

Recently saw the Disappeared episode featuring the RH case. Very sad. The scenes with the mother/gf/friend(s) wondering about where he is were difficult to watch.

It sounds like he just voluntarily parked his car in the rest area, due to wanting to take a break after having driven for a long time. He was certainly fatigued at that point. And, then for some reason he wandered off from the car. I don't know why he hasn't been found by now, however.

I find it odd that he left his drivers license & other important document(s) in the car - unless his leaving these in the car was accidental. In most cases, people that leave the car (even for a brief period) will take their I.D. with them, just in case they need this.

Hope this mystery is solved at some point, so that the family can get closure.

Last edited:
DEC 5, 2022

Rico Omarr Harris

rico_omarr_harris.jpg

Former Harlem Globetrotter Rico Omarr Harris was in the middle of a big life move from California to Oregon in the fall of 2014. He was traveling to visit his girlfriend in Seattle when, on October 10, 2014, he mysteriously disappeared. Rico, then 37, was last seen leaving the home that he shared with his mother in Alhambra, California. Three days later, his vehicle was found in the Yolo County Regional Park area near Rumsey, California, about 450 miles north of Alhambra. His wallet, cell phone and backpack were all located nearby. Rico is 6’9, weighs 280 lbs., with brown hair and eyes. He would be 45 years old today. Anyone with information about Rico should contact the Yolo County Sheriff's Department at (530) 668-5248.

I'm not familiar with this area. How close is a body of water....and has it been searched?

Bumping up this case.
With Rico's size and stature ( about 6'9 and 280 pounds) I believe if he was still alive, he would stand out. I hope his family and friends will have answers one day as to his whereabouts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back