CA CA - Robin Graham, 18, Los Angeles, 14 Nov 1970

1673451798591.png

Robin Ann Graham, age 18, Missing since 14 November 1970​

“A California Highway patrolman saw her standing next to the disabled car shortly afterwards.

An unidentified Caucasian male in his mid-twenties was seen talking to Graham just before she vanished. He was wearing bell-bottom trousers and a white turtleneck and was about 5'8 tall. A primed light blue 1957 - 1960 Corvette hardtop was parked behind her boyfriend's vehicle. The man helped Graham get the car started, then they rode off together in his car. The patrolman said she appeared to get into the man's car willingly.”

So my question is, who is this patrolman? And where was he lingering at for so long that he saw everything transpire- from her standing next to the car, being approached by the man, the man fixing the car, and then Robin willingly leaving with the man. I’ve never read some of this information before and now I only have more questions. Such a unique vehicle, I wonder if it was released on the news with any responses? MOO IMO

I know Rodney Alcala was thought to be hiding out in the East Coast when Robin disappeared, but I always go back to wondering if this was him. He was a little taller, but right age and some of the photos out there do resemble Robin. I hope this is solved some day, so sad these cases are still cold. :(

I think Robin looks a good bit like the gal in this Alcala pic. The hair, the part, something about the mouth and what we can see of the shape of her face. I'm attaching the photo of Robin, I gave it a little color touch up just to see.

Just a coincidence I think, but she was last seen talking to light blue car guy, and we have this as well from the RA collection: I think other posters figured out that it wasn't a Corvette but still an interesting coincidence on the color imo.

Attachments

• Robincolor.jpg
    Robincolor.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
“A California Highway patrolman saw her standing next to the disabled car shortly afterwards.

An unidentified Caucasian male in his mid-twenties was seen talking to Graham just before she vanished. He was wearing bell-bottom trousers and a white turtleneck and was about 5'8 tall. A primed light blue 1957 - 1960 Corvette hardtop was parked behind her boyfriend's vehicle. The man helped Graham get the car started, then they rode off together in his car. The patrolman said she appeared to get into the man's car willingly.”

So my question is, who is this patrolman? And where was he lingering at for so long that he saw everything transpire- from her standing next to the car, being approached by the man, the man fixing the car, and then Robin willingly leaving with the man. I’ve never read some of this information before and now I only have more questions. Such a unique vehicle, I wonder if it was released on the news with any responses? MOO IMO
How did the patrolman or LE get it so mixed up on whether he saw her or not in the man's car? Anyway it was changed quite early that he actually did not see her get in the car.

This article says the guy had blond hair, the missing reports say dark hair.

www.newspapers.com/article/valley-news-valley-news-connection-betw/17335719/

Last edited:
I think Robin looks a good bit like the gal in this Alcala pic. The hair, the part, something about the mouth and what we can see of the shape of her face. I'm attaching the photo of Robin, I gave it a little color touch up just to see.

Just a coincidence I think, but she was last seen talking to light blue car guy, and we have this as well from the RA collection: I think other posters figured out that it wasn't a Corvette but still an interesting coincidence on the color imo.
I am NOT on board with this one.

The family's address was given in the articles, looked it up, rather small for a family of 11, two bedrooms 1100 sq feet. It just sold this month after a remodel.

When it sold in 2017, the house was only 948 sq ft, remodel added a studio with another bathroom.

I read on another forum that the LA Rampart police report mentioned that some members of the family lived in an apartment that could be seen from the rear window of their house. I looked around on street view but couldn't find any apartments around the area. Of course it's been over 50 years and areas change. It also could mean duplex, triplex.

It could be that the CHP officer waited until Robin received assistance.

That said, Craig Allen Peyer was a CHP officer who targetted female drivers on the interstate, and was found guilty of the rape and murder of Cara Knott in 1986. Peyer wasn't active when Robin disappeared, but that doesn't mean that someone else in LE wasn't up to the same thing.

Robin would surely be more trusting of someone in law enforcement (or someone claiming to be) than a random motorist.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back