Can child molesters be rehabilitated?????

Can child molesters be rehabilitated?

• Yes

Votes: 35 5.4%
  • No

Votes: 614 94.6%

• Total voters
I think it's possible, but it would require much more time, effort and engagement than anyone is willing to devote. To make that effort would require feeling that the person is WORTH rehabilitating, and once they've gone down that road, it's hard to find that worth.

How best to stop them from offending. That's my concern. I'm not drawn to *advertiser censored*, but if you are someone who watches *advertiser censored* online, and come across child *advertiser censored*, you have a duty to report it. In Canada: Child Sexual Abuse: Duty to Report Here's a site for Americans re. a cyber tipline. CyberTipline Data

Last edited:
I'm really interested in the results of this poll - 95% saying 'no' is an absolutely huge majority.

I also agree it's a no. I am sure there are far more paedophiles who never actually take any action against anyone. Once someone has taken that step of molesting, abusing, raping I don't think they can be rehabilitated from that. The child will never be the same again.

The question itself is perplexing. Does it mean they are cured from having the urge to molest or that they can now be in control of choosing to molest? Or either or both? I would say that there are those that decide not to molest anymore because they know it's wrong and destructive, but may still feel urges. Then there are also those who just can't resist the urge. Having said that, there are drugs that help with such things as well, so the correct combination of drugs and therapy could definitely prevent further molestation to occur. Would I trust them not to molest again? NO. But to answer the question, YES I believe they can, well some can. Some are beyond helping.

I don't believe they can stop without medication. Skip the therapy.

IMHO (yippee SC my home) I don't want to get everyone hipped up but in many cases when our Federal and State government get involved with passing laws they don't turn out in the best possible way. There is in many cases a reactive action versus a proactive action. Sometimes they generalize, over state or understate the problem. That said and I am in NO WAY supporting or condoning sexual offences of any kind. However, a pedophile is a different offender than a peeper/flasher who can emerge as something worse and a serial rapist is different than a pedophile if the rapist focuses on women and not children. It all comes down to the sexual drive and type of sexual attraction. I speak from experience in finding that there has rarely (I can't name one) been a a case where a rapist or pedophile has been released from prison and never committed another sexual crime UNLESS they are so old or dying that they can't do anything. In that case, they may stick with *advertiser censored*, not that that is a grand solution. IMO it is an addiction like drugs, alcohol, gambling, or anything that is an ongoing struggle to keep from overtaking the individual. There have been cases where a convicted rapist is released and rapes and kills in less than a year. In its barest state, it is like not feeding a caged animal. This is my LONG way of saying I disagree with limited or reduced sexual offence crimes.

For those interested in hearing stories and interviews with real sex offenders, I highly recommend the Youtube channel SoftWhiteUnderbelly

Go to the playlists and there should be one titled "sex offenders" or something like that.

Most of the child rapists interviewed seem somewhat disingenuous about being "rehabilitated," but there are several interviews with pedophiles where you can at least feel some semblance of sympathy for the person b/c they were victims of pedophilia themselves, and at least appear to have gained some insight into why they did what they did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back