CANADA - Grieving B.C. mom contacted by police investigating Kenneth Law, man accused of aiding suicides

tarabull

Life is a puzzle.
Reaction score

Here’s why the world will be watching Kenneth Law's court battle

I had no idea this was happening. When does the trial start?

Snipped...
...James says that police believe approximately 160 packages were sent throughout Canada and over 1,200 packages sent to 40 countries globally. He reiterated that a package sent does not necessarily mean there is a case associated with it.

I think we have a precedent in the US, Michelle Carter. MA court convicted her in the death of Conrad Roy.
Death of Conrad Roy - Wikipedia

She was younger, and she didn’t sell any suicide kits. She just yelled at Roy when he wanted to get out of that car.

Also - it is beyond my comprehension how we allow suicide groups and chats. They are usually moderated by people who don’t kill themselves, but enjoy the sense of total control over others’ lives.

I understand, first amendment and all. But if an adult is engaged in a sexual chat with a minor, he will be arrested, because the minor doesn’t have the capacity to understand what they are consenting to.

Isn’t a person who is suicidal equally vulnerable? Aren’t they in a state of temporarily diminished capacity because the voice of depression is so strong and negative?

And then this guy sells fault proof suicidal kit.

I’d lock him up and throw away the key. And probably view suicide chats, especially people organizing them, the same way we view child molesters, as people preying on extremely vulnerable people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back