CANADA Canada - Luke Joly-Durocher, 20, North Bay, Ont, 4 March 2011

1668901353424.png
W5 Producer Eric Szeto and Director of Photography Jerry Vienneau accompany Rob Joly in a crawlspace in North Bay, where he and private investigator Ellen White searched for clues in the disappearance of Luke Joly-Durocher.

Nov 19 2022 Maya Hamovitch, Producer W5
''North Bay, Ont. is a small, quiet town with a shoreline nestled along the northeastern part of Lake Nipissing. But W5 reporter Genevieve Beauchemin, W5 Producer Eric Szeto and W5 Director of Photography Jerry Vienneau spent their first days there wriggling through a dark, damp and dirty crawlspace. They were looking for evidence, 11 years after Luke Joly-Durocher vanished.

Beauchemin, Szeto and Vienneau met private investigator Ellen White and Luke’s dad, Rob Joly, in the multi-unit residential building where Luke planned to stay with friends the night he went missing.

While it’s still not known what happened to Luke, tipsters who White spoke to believe he was a victim of foul play. They also believe Luke’s body may have been taken to this building.''

''They peered through the dark, shined flashlights into crevasses and examined stains on the walls. It was Rob’s first time in the building since his son went missing.''

“People have said to us, ‘I’m comfortable speaking with you. But I’m not comfortable in speaking with police.’ We’ve said ‘okay, would you like to speak with the father?’ And in a lot of cases, they’ve done so… Once they’ve seen that there is no judgment there, there is compassion.”

Through their work, Rob and Ellen have heard many times that Luke may have been killed near the residence he was staying. Over the years, much has been said about the case, making it increasingly difficult to parse out fact from rumour.''

Watch CTV W5’s documentary ‘Vanished’ on Saturday at 7 p.m.

After watching W5, I am somewhat disappointed in the lack of facts that they presented. I have lived here in North Bay for over 25 years and have been following this case very closely. They failed to mention that his last sighting was at the Voyager hotel/bar that evening. He was denied entry into Cecils bar but then he made his way to the Voyager which is a good 30 min walk in the cold wintery night. Also, everyone here in town are almost certain he was murdered and W5 did mention it was foul play.

I am wondering if they have a strong idea who did this but there is a lack of evidence therefore the police have not arrested anyone.

I am also upset how the police "dropped the ball" on this case. It took them days if not weeks to even take his disappearance seriously and now even to this day they pretty much admitted they have NOT followed up on every lead that the PI has presented to them.

People in this town talk and W5 is correct in saying that there are so many rumors it is hard to determine what is correct and what isn't, but if the police were on this case from the beginning, I am positive this case would have been solved by now.

My theory is the man that lived at the Sherbrooke home was the one who killed Luc. It is awfully strange how the very next day him and his girlfriend left for Florida then they got into a big fight, and she returned back here to North Bay a couple of days later (without him). Way ahead of schedule! He eventually returned but shortly after his return he move to Mexico and apparently the now ex-girlfriend currently lives in Alberta.

Part 1

Part 2

Has it ever been clarified whether the women who were at the party eventually met up with the four guys who left first? One of the girls was pregnant at the time. Did she go to the bars with the others or stay home? If Luke wore his glasses at the Voy and they were found at the apartment it suggests he left the Voy and returned to the apartment at some time.

According to the family, they are still not certain he was even at the Voy. There is only 1 eye witness that put him at the Voy. No other people saw him there that night so I am starting to believe he wasn't even there.

According to the family, they are still not certain he was even at the Voy. There is only 1 eye witness that put him at the Voy. No other people saw him there that night so I am starting to believe he wasn't even there.

I thought there was video footage of him at the Voy? Or at least some witnesses who verified his attendance at Shooters (Voyageur Inn bar) as well as seeing him witnessing a fight there that night? Has all that information been thrown out?

So if he wasn't at the Voyageur and he had no money other than the 20 bucks from earlier in the evening before he lost his bank card and he was too inebriated to get into any other bar did he just make his way back to the apartment? Did something happen there; did he get into an altercation with someone who lived in one of the other apartments? Did he pass out in the snow and no one noticed until later? Did he try to enter the wrong building or apartment because he was unfamiliar with the location? Is the wet jacket his mom found the same one he was wearing that evening?

I am getting vibes of similar circumstances surrounding the death in Ontario of Justin Evans who went missing in the Gravenhurst area in 2020. His body was found months later very close to where he lived. His best friend was seen wearing items belonging to Justin like his sunglasses.

I thought there was video footage of him at the Voy? Or at least some witnesses who verified his attendance at Shooters (Voyageur Inn bar) as well as seeing him witnessing a fight there that night? Has all that information been thrown out?
Yea, the video footage is of him leaving Cecils bar after he was refused entry. IIRC....and then him at the bank machine.

My theory is when he went to the bank machine he then made his way back to the Sherbrook home where he was met with foul play. It was snowing hard that night and they found his jacket soaked and wet in that Sherbrook home. I believe they have confirmed that was the jacket he was wearing that evening.

I'm not sure I can mention this here but go on FB search: MISSING: Luke Joly-Durocher
This page is run by a PI and the family. Lots of good info there that hasn't been making the news

It has now been 13 years since he's been gone. Just posting this article from yesterdays paper. No real news, just keeping his case in the public eye. I am certain they know who killed him. Even his father has a pretty good idea from what we have been hearing. I have no clue why there hasn't been any arrest other than the cops don't have the evidence to make a murder conviction.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessieBear
Back