CANADA Canada- Shawn Jones, 14 & cousin, Leslie Jones, 15, Wingham, Ontario, 22 October 1993 *10K reward*

dotr

Reaction score
Shawn Jones and his cousin Leslie Jones are seen in these undated family photos
$10,000 reward and new lead in 27-year-old missing persons case
July 13 2021
''WINGHAM, ONT. -- This October, it will be 28 years since Lynette Jones last saw her son, Shawn, alive.

“It’s been like a nightmare, not knowing. You can accept death, but not knowing is worse than death. I really want to know what happened to my son,” she says.

Then 14-year-old Shawn Jones and his 15-year-old cousin Leslie Jones were last seen near Lion’s Head on October 22, 1993.''

''We’re hoping with this anonymous $10,000 reward, it will trigger some memories for some people. Either good or bad memories, but any type of lead would be greatly appreciated,” says Brian Follis, a private investigator working with the family and the missing persons group, Please Bring Me Home''.

One of the new leads Follis has uncovered is a red canoe that went missing and was later found overturned, the same night and in the same area between Lion’s Head and Earl’s Bay, where Shawn and Leslie disappeared.''

by Sarah Bissonette, April 9, 2018 rbbm.
COLD CASE: Still missing, Shawn Jones left Lion's Head school dance 24 years ago
''PARRY SOUND — Shawn Jones hasn’t been seen since he left his Neyaashiinigmiing First Nation (Cape Croker) home on the Bruce Peninsula 24 years ago. His mother Lynette Jones worries she’ll never have peace.

Shawn was 14 at the time and his friend Leslie Jones, who disappeared the same night, was 15.

“What I’d really like to do is bury him properly. It’s my dream before I die, if he has passed,” she said.

The night of Oct. 22, 1993, Lynette gave her oldest of four children money before he set off alone to get a ride to a high school dance in nearby Lion’s Head. When she got up the next morning he was gone, along with the money she had for his hockey registration and his grandmother’s car.

“Apparently, I didn’t hear nothing. He came in the house, stole $500 and went and stole my mom’s car and they found it all smashed up in Lion’s Head, police said the driver was bleeding … that’s all I ever heard,” she said. “Police found the car banged up in Lion’s Head. They said to me, I never went and seen the car … they said whoever was the driver was bleeding. And then, maybe five days later someone gave me a tip he was in Wiarton … I think Oct. 26 when the police chased them in Wiarton, I think that’s the last time they were ever seen.”

Leslie had been staying in her house for the two weeks prior to the boys’ disappearance, but Lynette said she’d told her son his friend had to leave with neither of them attending school and Children’s Aid on the verge of taking away her children if she didn’t she get Shawn in line, she said.''

''Immediately following their disappearance there was a rumour the boys were breaking into cottages. There are also stories on missing-people websites that they were in Owen Sound right after they went missing, and again in Toronto in 1996.''

Missing Children Database: Shawn Jones
Shawn Jones

“The past two decades without you is like a bad wound in my heart. Some wounds never heal, they just stop bleeding. The pain of not knowing where you are.”
— Shawn's mom
Date of birth:
Aug. 13, 1979
Missing since:
Oct. 22, 1993
Missing from:
Cape Croker, Ontario, Canada
Eyes:
Blue
Hair:
Brown
Height:
5'10" / 178 cm
Weight:
160 lbs / 72.6 kg
Additional information:
Investigation has shown that Shawn Jones and his cousin Leslie were last seen attempting to hitchhike into Wiarton, ON.
Associated cases: Leslie Jones''

Missing Children Database: Leslie Jones
Leslie Jones

“Birthdays are milestones to be enjoyed with family. Leslie’s loved ones won’t get to give gifts or funny cards this year – in fact they have not been able to share a birthday with him since he was 15… it’s not right.”
— MissingKids.ca caseworker
Date of birth:
Sept. 14, 1978
Missing since:
Oct. 22, 1993
Missing from:
Cape Croker, Ontario, Canada
Eyes:
Brown
Hair:
Dark brown
Height:
5'7" / 169 cm
Weight:
150 lbs / 68 kg
Associated cases
Additional information:
Investigation has shown that Leslie Jones and his cousin Shawn were last seen attempting to hitchhike into Wiarton, ON. At the time of his disappearance, Leslie Jones had braces on upper and lower teeth and a scar on his right cheek.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub
Back