CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pointing out some transfer of money between JH's family to JH's accounts in 2011 and 2012.

Redirect- 11k to 3k in a matter of months in money management account, which JH parents were not joint account holders, but might have had access to? Sorry, no one is tweeting about this and it is about as exciting as mud

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 2m2 minutes ago
Foley: JH had "Loony Tunes" account with Point Loma credit union, an account for kids. He was about 13 when he opened it. #theatershooting

This Def. Attend is forgetting how joint accounting set up when there is a minor involved....The adult at the time always has to okay what any minor designing wants..I know this..because I had 2 joint accounts with my kids..and ALWAYS was contacted by BANK source after they became of age since it was still considered joint ( under TRUST legislations) ..that even after previous minor has become adult does NOT change..It always has to be okay'd by the adults even if previous chid has reached age of majority.. Remedy..Adult's would have to be okay'd by those adult!! This could explain why he had $11,000.00 in his savings ( Joint) and whatever's in other accounts received "Dividends" or interest plus whatever was deposited thru work/interest or parents in JH's case!!

Don't know just what inroads Defence made here?????

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 47s47 seconds ago
#theatershooting is in recess until tomorrow at 8:40am MST #theatertrial

CMooreNews ‏@CMooreNewsNow 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting bank account said money mgmt account went from about $7000 to about a $3000 balance in July'12

Defense now saying can't start until the 25th and their case will now be LESS THAN 2 weeks long!!

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 52s52 seconds ago
Judge says there's a possibility that #theatershooting prosecution could end its case on Friday. Judge: Can defense can start early? No.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 2m2 minutes ago
Defense attorney Daniel King says the defense can't start early, but promises to finish its case in less than two weeks. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 1m1 minute ago
Court is in recess until 8:40 a.m. Wednesday. #theatershooting

My thoughts about Fenton's testimony today...

First.
I, personally, believe she handled this situation the best way she knew how. As mentioned in court today, certain requirements must be met before a doctor can request a 72-hour psychiatric hold. So, even if Dr. F DID believe that he was a danger to society, the court could have easily denied a request had she made one... based on the simple fact that he never once mentioned having a plan or target. For argument's sake, lets say she did request a hold. Lets say that the court even allowed it. There's still the problem that many others have also mentioned: the 72 hours is not mandatory. The hospital is only legally required to hold the patient for however long it takes to perform a thorough psych evaluation. And, I'd be willing to bet my life savings that he'd lie his pants off. He would convince them that Dr. F was being ridiculous... overly cautious, if you will. He'd tell them he wouldn't hurt a flea and be back at Gander Mountain stockpiling weapons within 24 hours. He could easily convince them of this EVEN if he were in the throes of a psychotic episode. You'd be amazed how well a psychotic person can mask their symptoms long enough to avoid being hospitalized; I've seen it with my very own eyes.

It's possible Fenton knew she couldn't compel a court to order a 72-hour hold. Maybe that's why she reached out to campus security and his mom, despite knowing she was violating HIPAA by doing so.

Second.
Despite Fenton's list of potential diagnoses, today's testimony convinced me of one thing only: the only mental illness JH suffers from is psychopathy.

The most telling is the email he sent after Fenton messed up his last name on the prescription:

Inconvenience, Fenton.
- Holmes

Are you freaking KIDDING ME with this?

Never mind the emoji of him punching her in the face. And, the statement, "violence - is that what you need to hear?", is so incredibly condescending.

No, this guy is just an average loser who has an intense hatred for mankind... which comes from thinking he's the best of everything that has stepped foot on this earth and we fail to see it that way. Mankind is "an inconvenience" to him, and he wanted to destroy as much of it as he could. It's that simple.

Oh and the condescending tone of the "inconvenience, Fenton" and "violence- is that what you need to hear?" remind me of Kevin Spacey in the movie Se7en. Like I said... psychopath.

I don't believe that JH was legally insane at the time of the shooting. The prosecution have made a good case. Obviously we are going to hear from the defence next but I can't see what they can say to change my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member