CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If these people can't make themselves available I would question how much they care for JH. If their testimony can save his life wouldn't they make every effort to come?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YEP! that's it exactly.

4 minutes ago

Higgs says the former college roommate is studying butterfly migrations and they're worried he might not be available at the time he is ready to be called Phil Tenser

Marshall Zelinger ‏@7Marshall · 43s43 seconds ago
I really wish the #TheaterShooting defense would stop using convenient but false excuse that "media have harassed witnesses." Proof please.

Ok...sounds like all the potential witnesses for defense have pre-paid for trips out of the country. What does that tell us?

Well I kinda have a pre paid trip out my state..... I'm hoping they can't come back until Aug 16---
dang it---they are talking July 27....dang it! (I leave July 25----)

Greetings WS Friends!
:loveyou:

I'm late. Spent the morning doing chores and errands and stuff so I can be available all day tomorrow to give my full attention to closing arguments. :happy dance:

What a bunch of whiners, the defense.! Blahhhhh. :tantrum:

I kinda broke for a minute to do some chores myself---couldn't stand Ms. Nelson anymore!

Defense singing same song from years ago, bend the laws/rules to accommodate US!

ago

Defense says they're assessing the length of their case at 2 weeks. Prosecution thinks they'd have a 3 day rebuttal for that part of the presentation a few seconds ago

Orman argues that video-recorded statements are for when someone is truly unavailable, not just inconvenienced Phil Tenser

Judge says he doesn't see how the defense has established the "unavailability of these people"a few seconds ago

Judge says he'll consider the requests in the future if more information is provided, but not at this time. So far he says defense hasn't established hardship

a few seconds agoa few seconds ago Phil Tenser

Judge says he'll consider the requests in the future if more information is provided, but not at this time. So far he says defense hasn't established hardship

Colorado News ‏@_ColoradoNews_ · 47s47 seconds ago
#Colorado #News After all is said in theater attack trial, was Holmes sane? #theatershooting:
var addthis_pro... http://cbsloc.al/1HZ0Kwd

Congress Park Denver ‏@InCongressPark · 1m1 minute ago
After all is said in theater attack trial, was Holmes sane? #theatershooting http://cbsloc.al/1HZ0Kwd

Judge says he'll need more information about unavailability and hardshipPhil Tenser

Marshall Zelinger ‏@7Marshall · 1m1 minute ago
To #TheaterShooting defense: DA called 200 witnesses & never argued we, the media, have harassed. Stop using us when it's convenient.

Ok...sounds like all the potential witnesses for defense have pre-paid for trips out of the country. What does that tell us?

The dates of the trial were known, it appears that these people purposely made plans, hoping to be out of the country so they did NOT have to come to testify. They wanted to do it on video tape, more control?

The jurors are NOT allowed to ask questions of the people testifying? Interesting.

The dates of the trial were known, it appears that these people purposely made plans, hoping to be out of the country so they did NOT have to come to testify. They wanted to do it on video tape, more control?

The jurors are NOT allowed to ask questions of the people testifying? Interesting.

Xactly. They hope not to testify, imo too

I thought he was just reclining. What a trick if they have!

Verdict -- Monday sounds good. Let's hope. They could announce and then fill out the jury form during the 3 hour delay for their announcement!! I'm sure they won't, but still.... 3 hours. Chocolate & valium (I wish) for me, then...

JH hasn't always stood up when the jury or the judge enters & exits -- is he really chained to the floor or otherwise chained under his clothing? I could swear that I have heard a rattle of chains from time to time -- is that so? There are 3 armed deputies within 2 -- 6 feet of him... Chains?

As far as I know JH is harnessed and it goes down his trouser leg and is fastened to the floor. The jury asked if JH could move so they could watch him as the case was tried but the judge said he has to stay where he is.

I don't know if he wears chain restraints when he arrives/leaves court.

sadly it has been used---really big time in Anthony trial :gaah:

Didn't work quite as well as they may have wanted. She is Guilty, Guilty, Guilty. She'll never step on a city sidewalk or a pile of dog poop again.

Looking at full screen.....chair is definitely quite lower than the others!!!....grrrrrrrr

Agree -- maybe to have him level with them, or more probably at his request.

Didn't work quite as well as they may have wanted. She is Guilty, Guilty, Guilty. She'll never step on a city sidewalk or a pile of dog poop again.

Well someone flew her first class to new York trying to get an interview (lies)

Thank you. I have a friend whose daughter just got a job as a public defender, and we were discussing this case, and I was having a hard time explaining this issue.

In layman's terms... I think what's different about CO (compared to the majority of others) is that the burden lies on the prosecution to prove he was NOT insane at the time versus the defense having to prove he was insane at the time. Kinda similar to the issue of guilt vs innocence. The state has to prove he IS guilty and the defense only has to create a reasonable doubt that he's not guilty (because he's presumed innocent) ... so you worded it in a good way... that essentially he's presumed to have been insane at the time and the state has to prove he wasn't. It is quite confusing when you're describing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther