Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea of free mental health screening is brilliant if our gvts are willing to get serious about mental illness and dole out the cash, but there needs to be aftercare and support too.

In the U.S. there is very little money for mental health care. The money goes to WIC, EBT cards, Section 8, Medicaid, prisons and many other social programs.

Know what WIC is? It is basically food stamps for folks that want to have children they can't afford to even feed, they are encouraged to have them seeing as how they will get free gov benefits the moment they are declared pregnant with offspring they can't support.

When a country is busy encouraging the irresponsible and destitute to have more children for the taxpayer to support they just don't have the cash for fancy and expensive mental health programs. It is about priorities!

In the U.S. there is very little money for mental health care. The money goes to WIC, EBT cards, Section 8, Medicaid, prisons and many other social programs.

Know what WIC is? It is basically food stamps for folks that want to have children they can't afford to even feed, they are encouraged to have them seeing as how they will get free gov benefits the moment they are declared pregnant with offspring they can't support.

When a country is busy encouraging the irresponsible and destitute to have more children for the taxpayer to support they just don't have the cash for fancy and expensive mental health programs. It is about priorities!

I am sure you can find that money is needlessly spent in many other areas than the ones you have a personal issue with. I've known many people, including my mother, who have had to get assistance. My mother didn't pop out kids. She was a married woman. She had three daughters with the man she loved. The man she loved turned into a monster and instead of allowing her daughters to see their own father beat her mercilessly, she left him and took her three daughters to raise on her own. Yes, she needed help! She wasn't proud of it. She didn't celebrate. She sure as hell wasn't irresponsible either. Maybe if you would get to know those who have needed help, you would realize that the ones you speak of are in the minority. The majority are good people who are ashamed to even ask for help.

MOO

I'm just going to say everyone that is on WIC is not popping out kids hoping to get handouts. My two oldest children were on it simply because that couldn't tolerate milk and had to have the kind that cost $7 a can a day that was 20 years ago. My doctor told me not to be ashamed, my husband worked and paid taxes for it. Guess what they were on it until they came off the formula and we never used WIC again but we have continued to pay taxes for it.

I'm just going to say everyone that is on WIC is not popping out kids hoping to get handouts. My two oldest children were on it simply because that couldn't tolerate milk and had to have the kind that cost $7 a can a day that was 20 years ago. My doctor told me not to be ashamed, my husband worked and paid taxes for it. Guess what they were on it until they came off the formula and we never used WIC again but we have continued to pay taxes for it.

$7 a day. I know plenty here are on gov subsidies. I also know it is not something to critique if one wants to post here. No further comment.

The Sandy Hook shooter came lived with his mother who was getting $300,000 a year in support payments from her ex husband. While some may see that as poverty, it's not nearly low enough to quality for WIC or other assistance programs. So why don't we take the rant about welfare programs elsewhere?

$7 a day. I know plenty here are on gov subsidies. I also know it is not something to critique if one wants to post here. No further comment.

You should be thankful that you have never needed the help of your fellow countrymen and you should be lucky if you go your entire life without needing such help. No one knows what the future holds.

I am sure you can find that money is needlessly spent in many other areas than the ones you have a personal issue with. I've known many people, including my mother, who have had to get assistance. My mother didn't pop out kids. She was a married woman. She had three daughters with the man she loved. The man she loved turned into a monster and instead of allowing her daughters to see their own father beat her mercilessly, she left him and took her three daughters to raise on her own. Yes, she needed help! She wasn't proud of it. She didn't celebrate. She sure as hell wasn't irresponsible either. Maybe if you would get to know those who have needed help, you would realize that the ones you speak of are in the minority. The majority are good people who are ashamed to even ask for help.

MOO

In defense of Sonya610's post I don't think she was trying to say everyone who is on WIC or EBT is abusing the program. Obviously there are circumstances that warrant a legitimate need. I think her point was there are a whole of of people who do have the mindset that its ok to keep getting pregnant because those programs will cover them. Thus the tax money is going to support many who could've prevented the situation.

That's just my two cents.

The Sandy Hook shooter came lived with his mother who was getting $300,000 a year in support payments from her ex husband. While some may see that as poverty, it's not nearly low enough to quality for WIC or other assistance programs. So why don't we take the rant about welfare programs elsewhere?

$300,000.00 a year could certainly afford mental health treatment without the assistance of our government. We also do not know if Nancy got a lump sum in her divorce settlement which could also better afford mental health treatment for her son. I'm still confused about why he wasn't treated properly as a minor. I'm still leaning towards her being in denial and thinking that she could magically make her son normal simply from a mother's love? I feel awful for her, but I also can't help question her reasoning when dealing with him?

You should be thankful that you have never needed the help of your fellow countrymen and you should be lucky if you go your entire life without needing such help. No one knows what the future holds.

Oh you can be sure I have been poor. I have dropped weight because I could afford decent food. I took care of my own and went without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea