GUILTY Conrad Murray Trial - Sentencing Hearing

The disgraced doc convicted of accidentally killing Michael Jackson has filed a notice of appeal, one of his lawyers confirmed Friday.

Dr. Conrad Murray signed the paperwork from jail this week saying he's representing himself, a step that's required to get court-appointed counsel, lawyer J. Michael Flanagan said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...l-jackson-case-article-1.986196#ixzz1fUjOyrEM

I swear, Flanagan just can't help himself to stay out of media. He's out there talking like he is helping with the appeal paperwork. I do recall notes being written during the hearing and passed to the other attorney on CM's left, which is who the TMZ article says is helping him with his paperwork. CM didn't even give Flanagan a glance.

The article even quotes Flanagan as suggesting his firm might get appointed for the appeal as a court appointed lawyer. Puhleese. I sure hope not. Don't convicted people filing appeals generally use a different lawyer for the appeal than their trial lawyer? That is a totally different area of law that requires a different type of legal expertise.

IMO

Insurers for Michael Jackson's ill-fated London comeback shows can study some of the star's medical records, a US judge has said in a ruling that could affect a payout over his death.

Lawyers for the King of Pop's estate will get access to the records from medical providers and can show them to lawyers from Lloyd's of London, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Malcolm Mackey ruled.

Lloyd's, which is resisting paying out on a policy worth about £11.2 million because it did not know that Jackson was taking drugs before his death more than two years ago at the age of 50, filed suit against tour promoter AEG in June.

Attorneys for the Jackson estate and for Lloyd's will both decide which of the medical records are relevant to the case and ask Mackey to mediate in any dispute.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.e811b9ff9ab35ffe06e4d1b073eb310c.1c1

he California State Medical Board has formally subpoenaed Michael Jackson's former physician and long time friend, Dr. Arnold Klein to appear at a hearing on December 15, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Dr. Klein's lawyer, Herbert Weinberg, advised the dermatologist on November 30, via letter, that he would no longer be representing him for the California Medical Board proceedings

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...a-medical-board-michael-jackson-investigation

I'm really curious why Dr. Klein's attorney would withdraw from being his attorney. He was all over the news talk shows during the CM trial defending Dr. Klein and now he's "poof". That is, if Mr. Weinberg was the one on the shows. I can not right now remember the name and the article also states they tried to contact another lawyer for a comment (referring to him as Dr. Klein's attorney). Anyone remember the name of the the attorney that was making the media circuit during the trial?

Makes ya wonder.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/02/conrad-murray-files-appeal-involuntary-manslaughter/#.Ttpd3vIjJbx

CM is representing himself on his appeal. The man's ego knows no bounds.

I was going to say, his ego may know no bounds, but his bank account likely does. So, now the CA taxpayers will foot the bill on a useless appeal. The appeal is quite likely to take 4 years (or more). Sure, Murray wants not to be a convicted felon and to get his medical license(s) back, but I doubt that either one of those are going to happen.

This is the damdest mess I have ever seen. It's like that snowball rolling down a hill -- it just gets bigger & bigger (as does PCM's head). Of course his pro per pitch is to get a court-appointed lawyer -- for free. And I guess Atty "G" and Poor Conrad are buds now. Where did that come from???

An aside: I thought that once a case goes to appeal, appeals attorneys handle that -- at least here in the backwaters of NC, it is done that way. I've only been to California once, and it wasn't for law school...

And instead of Spy vs. Spy (ala Mad mag), we have Lloyd's vs. AEG in a big fight for the Almighty Dollar vs. Pound. Curiouser and curiouser, Alice. Big money talks and sues. This biznezz won't be over for years. And I feel sure the white-wigged barristers for Lloyd's will be hard to beat. And has Lloyd's never heard of busy entertainers possibly using drugs to sleep or wake or perform before this case??? But this one should drag out for a long, long, time....

icon14.gif
Thanks, once more, Talina for your good research and sources in addition to the always-accurate TMZ(!). Your source-work is very thorough and valuable.
icon6.gif

PCM has a fool for a client if he is now going to try to appeal this conviction on his own. He needs to give it a rest already! I know everybody has the right to counsel, but I also think EC and MF finally figured out they were suckered into this and did the best they could do because of maybe being lied to?

As for A. Klein. I think it's wonderful he is being investigated as well, but I don't know how far anybody can get blood out of that turnip, he buried all of his assets and filed bankruptcy a long time ago, So he knew something was going to happen eventually. He isn't in the best of health, but reap what he sowed. He too had a mouth that roared all over the media, right down to spreading more nasty talk about Michael Jackson's supposed piccadilloes. HHIPA laws I guess doesn't apply to him either.

Don't know about this Lloyds/AEG payout. Usually people who get hired by any Co. has to see the Company Dr. I DO think AEG had a strong moral and contractual obligation to provide the best medical services for Michael Jackson, they had an obligation to take care of their multi million dollar asset. I don't think they ever checked out PCM except to see he had a license-Big Whoop. I think imo AEG has garnered enough money/shares off the Jackson money train by way of the TII video, televised memorial, funeral and whatever else they have their hands in with ABC/Sony/Nokia/Staples Center etc.

Ps. I don't know if PCM is allowed to have free counsel now. He did make money off those interviews/documentary, he too buried his assets. No telling if he stands to make more with whatever else might come out in the near future. Judge Pastor is so on to him.

he California State Medical Board has formally subpoenaed Michael Jackson's former physician and long time friend, Dr. Arnold Klein to appear at a hearing on December 15, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Dr. Klein's lawyer, Herbert Weinberg, advised the dermatologist on November 30, via letter, that he would no longer be representing him for the California Medical Board proceedings

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...a-medical-board-michael-jackson-investigation

I'm really curious why Dr. Klein's attorney would withdraw from being his attorney. He was all over the news talk shows during the CM trial defending Dr. Klein and now he's "poof". That is, if Mr. Weinberg was the one on the shows. I can not right now remember the name and the article also states they tried to contact another lawyer for a comment (referring to him as Dr. Klein's attorney). Anyone remember the name of the the attorney that was making the media circuit during the trial?

Makes ya wonder.

I agree, Talina -- even if the lawyer had info or knew that MJ had been addicted to Demerol or some other drug (Propofol?) due to Klein's administering it to him, why should that matter? If Klein is prosecuted or put on notice by the bar association or some other entity for something having to do with MJ & drugs, that, it seems to me, should be a big "so what" for his attorney -- unless he had prior knowledge of Klein's doing something illegal (????). It's got me very curious. I hope more details hit the surface on this. It just sounds odd...

I agree, Talina -- even if the lawyer had info or knew that MJ had been addicted to Demerol or some other drug (Propofol?) due to Klein's administering it to him, why should that matter? If Klein is prosecuted or put on notice by the bar association or some other entity for something having to do with MJ & drugs, that, it seems to me, should be a big "so what" for his attorney -- unless he had prior knowledge of Klein's doing something illegal (????). It's got me very curious. I hope more details hit the surface on this. It just sounds odd...

Agreed. Should not matter because of Attorney/Client privilege. Maybe because this attorney also went all over the media, flapping his yap prior? It always seems that people who go on these media junkets are hardly ever picked to be a good witness at a trial, because they already talked=tainted testimony. I sure hope they do a complete investigation on Klein, going back years, the DR days. Always felt something was just not right with that scenario. Imo, I have a feeling they both took advantage of Michael Jackson. He did have a somewhat huge bill for Prescriptions at that Mickey Fine Pharmacy which I have heard Klein had a % of ownership in.

Talina,
This is the lawyer I saw a bunch in the media defending Dr. Klein.

After Dr. Drew’s explanation, a fiery debate ensued with the Lawyer for Michael Jackson dermatologist Andrew Klein. Attorney Gara Ghazarian argued that Jackson was in fact not addicted to Demoral, as evidenced by the long gaps in his use of the drug.

http://www.rosespeaks.com/2011/10/3...ith-dr-arnold-klein’s-attorney-about-demerol/

So who in the heck is this attorney that withdrew??? Perhaps he has represented Dr. Klein on prior medical insurance or other similar claims and just doesn't want to deal with the current situation.

Can't say I blame him if that is the case.

ETA for clarification: Early in the article Herbert Weinberg, advised the dermatologist on November 30, via letter, that he would no longer be representing him for the California Medical Board proceedings.

and then later in the article:

Dr. Klein's lawyer, Garo Ghazarian didn't immediately respond to comment.

per Octobermoon's post above (and thanks btw :) ), it was Mr. Ghazarian we all kept seeing in the media so who the heck is this other lawyer coming out of the woodwork now?

I just now read on something called a MJJ community thread site that Klein's attorney Weinberg was his pharmacy attorney. Whatever that means. Could be where it pertains to his share in Mickey Fine. There is a response by Klein at that site, detailing how he was served the papers. I only read a little part of it, but he is accusing the same people as before of a huge embezzlement, and goes on to say the Medical Board did a nasty against him. I'm sorry, I do not know how to post the proper link, but I'm sure maybe Talina could find it-she's such a great sleuther! :seeya:

Added. Went back and read the whole thing. OMG! I do think he got kicked out of Mickey Fine's pharmacy! Weinberg is now the attorney for that pharmacy. I guess maybe it'd be better to just go to Dr. K's FB page to copy all of this if needed. WOW! Don't know what to think, but he is another stinkbug.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/21/dea-raids-mickey-fine-pharmacy/#.TtvVU_IjJbw

Fairly old article about the pharmacy being raided by DEA

http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/24/micha...armacy-selfprescribed-affidavit/#.TtvVyfIjJbw

Article about the affidavit for the raid and something about Dr. Klein self prescribing (big no no)

I went to Dr. Kleins personal facebook website and there's a lot of his postings about the history of what has gone on with the CA Med Board (from his perspective). I'm not sure about the rules for linking facebook websites so I'll refrain from doing that. Just search google for Arnold Klein facebook and you'll find it. If you search for Dr. Klein facebook you find the medical practice facebook but not his personal one. "Arnold Klein" search gets you to his personal facebook. Lots of postings there from him and some very serious allegations he makes about some of his employees and the CA Med board.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/21/dea-raids-mickey-fine-pharmacy/#.TtvVU_IjJbw

Fairly old article about the pharmacy being raided by DEA

http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/24/micha...armacy-selfprescribed-affidavit/#.TtvVyfIjJbw

Article about the affidavit for the raid and something about Dr. Klein self prescribing (big no no)

I went to Dr. Kleins personal facebook website and there's a lot of his postings about the history of what has gone on with the CA Med Board (from his perspective). I'm not sure about the rules for linking facebook websites so I'll refrain from doing that. Just search google for Arnold Klein facebook and you'll find it. If you search for Dr. Klein facebook you find the medical practice facebook but not his personal one. "Arnold Klein" search gets you to his personal facebook. Lots of postings there from him and some very serious allegations he makes about some of his employees and the CA Med board.

Thank for the links, Talina! I remember when this happened. AK did make a lot of statements against others. I just chalk all this up to the huge snowball effect happening right before our eyes. In December, How appropriate:rocker:

So who in the heck is this attorney that withdrew??? Perhaps he has represented Dr. Klein on prior medical insurance or other similar claims and just doesn't want to deal with the current situation.

Can't say I blame him if that is the case.

ETA for clarification: Early in the article Herbert Weinberg, advised the dermatologist on November 30, via letter, that he would no longer be representing him for the California Medical Board proceedings.

and then later in the article:

Dr. Klein's lawyer, Garo Ghazarian didn't immediately respond to comment.

per Octobermoon's post above (and thanks btw :) ), it was Mr. Ghazarian we all kept seeing in the media so who the heck is this other lawyer coming out of the woodwork now?

bbm Just a thought:
icon5.gif
Maybe this lawyer also has a professional relationship with the CA Med Board or some similar body & wants to avoid a conflict of interest???
icon5.gif

I think PCM did know about Nurse Lee. He comes on board and no blood tests taken prior to any meds being given? Maybe he went by her tests-never will know. Do you remember when Nurse Lee testified one of Michael's bodyguards called her and she could hear Michael in the backround complaining of being hot and cold? This was when PCM was ensconced at the mansion, maybe not around the home at the time the call was made though, but funny, he said the bodyguards were never allowed upstairs in Michael's privacy area, never allowed in the house-Just him, the children and Michael-Geez, I think that's another lie. :banghead: How would they know which room to pick if they were never up there before? He just wanted to look big, to show he was taking good care of Michael, sure.

BBM - I think he was lying too. Blanket was very young and children get sick in the middle of the night. They have nightmares and need a parent. MJ had enough propofol in him for surgery. CM could not monitor MJ and help the children if they needed it. So who was looking out for the children...probably the same person who was watching them while he rehearsed, the nanny.

Not sure if this has been posted by Klein's house is up for sale for $12 million:

http://realestalker.blogspot.com/2011/12/skin-doctor-arnold-klein-lists-laguna.html

IMO

bbm Just a thought:
icon5.gif
Maybe this lawyer also has a professional relationship with the CA Med Board or some similar body & wants to avoid a conflict of interest???
icon5.gif

I read this attorney is the one representing Mickey Fine Pharmacy. How ironic is that? I mean, since at one time AK was involved with MF as a shareholder of sorts. Makes sense now why AK would call him his Pharmacy Attorney.

I don't recall any Nanny being around the children the day all this happened, except for GR who was supposedly fired by one of Michael's handlers. Thought there was a Nanny in house, but if so, where was she when all this was going on?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back