Criminal trial scheduling including pre-trial hearings, conferences & Timeline

BTW - Judge Orlando Hudson, is a class act. I'm glad that he's going to be the Judge the next trial.

Thank you Judge Orlando Hudson!!!

Well, at the risk of showing this clip just after someone else did, here we see the Stubborn (and unwise, IMO) Mr. Abaroa. <smh a lot>
http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/06...jects-plea-deal-will.html#emlnl=Breaking_News

So it looks like the Abaroa trial is on recess until mid-January of 2014. He looked madder that he!! the whole way through this thing...

Ohhhh, he's gonna want to have this day back, I feel sure....

Thursday afternoon there will be hearing on this case to set a new trial date. Charlene Coggins-Franks asked for a date in September, Amos Tyndall has a murder case to try then so we shall see on Thursday what's happening.

Until then for 1192 days the world has been a little safer

bbm

And Janet will have been gone from her family and friends for 2,922 days....
icon8.gif

WOW so the trial will be tried in jan 2014. Yikes. I just started watching this trial thinking it was current. Maybe i should continue watching...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

The trial date has been changed. New trial set for February 17, 2014.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9374262

This article is so misleading it states "The defense claimed police ignored important evidence that led to someone other than Raven as a suspect."

There was no evidence that led to someone other than Raven as a suspect. Was the defense watching the same trial we were? Red Herring much!

Won't be long now, peeps!

NC Courts Calendar says 1/13/14; I thought it was a bit later.... ?? Maybe the calendar needs updating or maybe I am losing my senses -- plus the DurhamCo calendar is separate from all the rest... I've had trouble with it before. Acccckkk!

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/cale...t=Submit+Query

This above must not have been updated yet... I think trixator is way ahead of the keepers of the calendar!

Seating a jury -- How long think ye? It's been a while; they were not in the area long; it was a "private" slaying. So I don't think it'll take too long.

I guess we should wait until it is about a week before jury selection starts before we set up a new thread for the trial itself, just to make sure it doesn't get xxxxxxx (I'm not gonna say the word...). Or, I'll be glad to start one anytime -- we don't have one, do we?

We'll also have Amanda Hayes over in Wake County with jury selection to start on 1/06/14. We've been in a desert, and now we're awash in trials -- will WRAL be able to stream 2 at a time? I only have one set of ears and eyes -- but I have the evenings!! Maybe WTVD can do one & WRAL the other...possible?
:cow:

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

Jury selection the first trial took 4 days, they took Friday off, the trial started on a Monday and it took 5 full weeks (6 weeks with jury selections).

If Jury selections start February 17, opening statements will either be that Friday or the following Monday, the 24th so I would imagine we shall know for sure by March 31st whether or not we get 12 intelligent jurors that understand what Circumstantial Evidence is. If not there will be a murderer walking around free, waiting to date some other unsuspecting girl. He'll be bringing his "Godliness" to a town near any one of us.

After OJ & Casey Anthony, etc. and the fact that 11 (guilty) to 1 not-guilty, my faith is a bit shaken in the system. If he walks, that means another murderer is set free.

Just heard on WTVD news (ABC) that the trial is delayed again until March 17th because......no juror summonses were sent out!!!!

I haven't found a link yet on the news site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back