Does Anyone know ???

cenasangel

Former Member
Reaction score
I was watching a DVD about the pro-wrestler Jake the snake Roberts.

During the interview he talks about how he had a sister who married young to get away from their abusive family and was subsequently killed by her husband. Even though they found the car where the murder took place ect. They never found a body and so therefore could not charge him with murder. I belive this happened in Texas in the 60's/70's. I also think her name coul;d have been Susan Smith ??? does anyone know anything about the case and if there has been any developments in it ???

The story according to Jake Roberts goes that she married a middle aged man and became pregnant. When the baby was 8 months old the ex wife of the man kidnapped Jake's sister with "a black man". The body was never recovered but there was enough blood in the trunk of a car to know for sure she died. I haven't heard Jakes siblings Rockin' Robin (Robin Smith) or Sam ouston (Michael Smith) ever mention it (or deny it). The only references I can find are from Jake himself. Jake is a nice man, I've spoken with him lots of times but I'm not sure how reliable he is. There are no other siblings listed on any website, I'm not sure why they wouldn't aknowledge her.

I think this story should most likely be left for Jake Roberts to tell if he wants the case to still be in the public eye as a case (but that's just my opinion.)

In the mean time I found these web entries:
". . .Tells another tragic story of his life, of how his sister was kidnapped when she was 21. . ."
http://www.wrestlingclassics.com/wawli/New271-280.htm

". . .His younger sister had several children at a young age and eventually married a middle aged man while she was still in her teens. She was murdered by the man's ex-wife and her body was never recovered. . . ."
http://prowrestling.about.com/od/reviews/fr/jakerobertsdvd.htm

". . .Jake's sister had been murdered by her mother-in-law, who even 10 years later, once out of prison, refused to reveal where the body was hidden. . ."
http://members.tripod.com/~retro4/hitarchive4.html

". . .I'm here to tell you the real story of Jake the Snake," said Roberts, which meant he was telling the tale of Aurelian Smith, his real name. . ."
http://www.users.bigpond.com/gtingle1/roberts.html

I think this story should most likely be left for Jake Roberts to tell if he wants the case to still be in the public eye as a case (but that's just my opinion.)

True, but he does mention it very publicly, otherwise we wouldn't even know to be curious about it.

True, but he does mention it very publicly, otherwise we wouldn't even know to be curious about it.
You are correct and I did not mean to be saying that anyone was wrong to be curious about it.

I am not certain if he meant for the case to be mentioned as anything other than whatever interview he was doing at the time.

The case is old and not much is known in the public and he may be the only really in depth source of knowledge about the details of the case so in the end it may be up to him to either disclose more details or not.

Nah i was just wondering if there was still an active police file out for it and if the case was even listed on doenetwork ect. Naturaly i feel for the guy and like anyone would like some closure to this case for him.

Here you go! The woman is currently out and under a diff name. She's 87 now (the abductor). She never gave the real info on where the body was, so on the grave it just says "kidnapped" instead of date of death. It's very sad. I hope she tells someone before dying if she hasn't already. She maintained that his sister Jo-lynn ran "into the woods" but she was on crutches at the time and couldn't. Grizzly actually ended up testifying that she had a broken ankle and couldn't have tucked and rolled, plus the story made no sense. There's a lot of paperwork/court stuff if you look up "Faelyn Ann Rogers" and also, here's the grave of the sister:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back