Dominic Casey testimony (P.I. worked for Baez and Anthonys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb W/Dom Casey....show email 11/1/08 w/map attached...fairly and accurate represent salthough not specific ...pin marks on google map...pinpoint ...actually to best recollectoin Luke sent me an email with this and asked me where I searched on Suburban Dr....Object - overrule...in Nov 2008 ...same day or right around day searched area the map was prepared...I believe email...object ...overrule @ this point....where you had searched was much fresher in your mind in Nov than now? yes....that map was sent to me on 11/15 - searched Suburban Dr. Nov 15 & 16th 2008....sent to me by email that night when Luke called me and said Ginette wants to know....11/15 searched....then 7:51 pm sent this email? look @ the exhibit and this email and verify pins are in same locations...ok...right in same range...would this be a blown up view? yea this would be inccurate then...(not sure if heard right) it appears to be a blown up version when I see blow up version...it...

Mr. George....when you marked this map with a pin not being precise....general area of where I went....also blow up...where you searched on Suburban Dr was closer to the bend in the road...I use the bend as...when you use the 8 1/2 by 11" it doesn't show the bend....from bend headwest and I walked into the woods....(lost feed)...

10:43

SIDEBAR #7 (10:44-10:49) Requested by FG

Jury present

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF DOMINIC CASEY BY JB

He was shown Defense Exhibit FV and recognized it as a map attached to an email (Defense Exhibit FU) which he sent on 11/15/08. Does the map fairly depict the locations that you searched?

OBJECTION by FG - OVERRULED

It would be a fair and accurate representation although it might not be specifically. He agreed it was a Google map. He believes Luke sent him an email with the map and asked him if he could point onto the map where he looked.

Defense FV? OBJECTION OVERRULED and the map was marked Exhibit 73.

Map was prepared in 2008?

OBJECTION - witness did not create the map - OVERRULED

Where you searched was clearer in your mind on 11/15/08 than it is now? Correct. The pinpoints were put on the map by you when you searched?

He searched on 11/15 and 11/16/08. This was emailed the day you actually searched? It was sent to him by Luke and Janette had asked....

OBJECTION - hearsay - SUSTAINED

He walked around on 11/15/08. He sent the email at 7:51 p.m. on 11/15.

He was then showed Defense 57 and the email and asked to verify that the pins were in the proper locations. He felt they were in the right locations, but something was inaccurate.

The blow up appears to be of the paper map, but on the blown up map the pin marks should be closer to something....

Blow up map (Exhibit 57) is being published to the Jury.

The first pin is the location off Suburban Drive by the abandoned house? Yes.

No further questions.

CROSS EXAM BY FG

When you marked the paper map (#73) you weren't being precise? Yes, he felt it was a best estimate of where he went.

Blow up map (#57) where he searched was closer to the bend in the road. If you look at the larger map, it is more in perspective. He recalls that the first pin was - he probably walked maybe 20 or 30 or 40 feet. The pins are not indicative of where he exactly went.

The map showed a very general idea of where he went into the woods

REDIRECT EXAMINATION BY JB

He prepared the pin map three years ago, the day he searched.

Do you agree Orlando is 101 square miles. If you say so. He agreed that the map showed the only place that he went to to look for Caylee.

Witness excused at 11:01

JB: Stipulation regarding Defense Exhibit FS - marked as Exhibit 74.

HHJBP: It is agreed that the attached video was true and accurate of news video taken in first week of August 2008 at the command center manned by GA.

Exhibit published showing GA at the command center wearing a Caylee shirt and then showing the duct tape on the posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500