FL - Babysitter beats 23-month old Ezekiel Cotto-Saintfleur to death; blames injuries on puppy - Mar 20th, 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score

Lakeland police arrested Bobby Curry Jr., 20, on Friday evening. He faces one charge of first-degree murder and one count of aggravated child abuse. Curry is being held in the Polk County Jail.
1710987305187.png

After the boy began showing signs of distress, Curry messaged the boy's mother, who was at work, on Instagram. Chief Taylor said the two exchanged 67 messages on Instagram over nearly two and a half hours before he eventually called 911.
[snip]
On Monday, Taylor expressed his disdain for the amount of time Curry took to call 911.

"There's absolutely no reason. I get that he's probably overwhelmed; there's at least two puppies in the house, he's only 20 years old; I get all that," Taylor said. But common sense will tell you, and just being a human being will tell you, if another human is in distress, you pick the phone up."
Lakeland man charged with murder in death of his girlfriend's 23-month-old toddler: Police

Ezekiel Cotto-Saintfleur passed away March 8, 2024. He was 22 months old. From the moment he was born in Lakeland on April 29, 2022, Ezekiel brought so much love and light to his family, who lovingly called him, “Toosie.”

Toosie was a sweet, loving boy. He had a beautiful, radiant smile and compassionate heart. He was full of energy, ready to dance and bring joy to everyone around him. He loved Spiderman, dinosaurs, and cars. He loved animals and showed so much kindness and patience toward them. He loved giving his cousins kisses.

Ezekiel will be forever loved and remembered by a multitude of family and friends, as well as others who, despite not having met Ezekiel in person, will know and honor his legacy.

Ezekiel “Toosie” is survived by his mother, Iliana Nyli Cotto; Uela Diana Rivera; Grandfathers Thomas and Victor; Aunts Autumn, Haley, Aleah, Alanna, Amelia, and Naomi; Uncle Jayden; and numerous cousins and extended family members.
Ezekiel will be laid to rest with a graveside service at 11:00 AM on Friday, March 29, 2024, at Serenity Gardens Cemetery, 3350 Mall Hill Drive.
Ezekiel Cotto-Saintfleur - View Obituary & Service Information

Indeed, Ezekiel was a beautiful boy. Why, why, why?
Was he crying, was he hungry, sick, wanting his mom?
That can be tiresome, and sometimes the little one just can't seem to be comforted. If the child is not sick, try to calm him down -- play with him, give him a cookie, read him a story. Sometimes all you can do is just put him in his bed or crib. If he appears to be sick, call his mom or call 911, depending on the seriousness of the child. It ain't rocket science.
Apparently there is evidence of severe treatment of this sweet boy, and LE seems to know the person who caused this little miracle to lose his young life.
Such a tragedy for his mom and for those who knew and loved him.
Fly high Ezekiel.

I am struck once more, as in so many of these cases, by the fact that the boyfriend had only been in mother's life for four months, had only begun residing with the mother and child two weeks prior to little guy's beating death, the fact that he was "babysitting" this child while mother was at work, the fact that she still wants to believe her son's death was accidental as of the interview date, and the fact that there were 67 message between them that afternoon. I hope those messages from the mother were things like CALL AN AMBULANCE! TAKE MY SON TO THE ER! etc. :(

Otherwise I have certain strong opinions that will require me to sit on my hands for the duration of this case.

Last edited:
I am struck once more, as in so many of these cases, by the fact that the boyfriend had only begun residing there with the mother and child two weeks prior to little guy's beating death, the fact that he was "babysitting" this child while mother was at work, the fact that she still wants to believe her son's death was accidental as of the interview date, and the fact that there were 67 message between them that afternoon. I hope those messages from the mother were things like CALL AN AMBULANCE! TAKE MY SON TO THE ER! etc. :(

Otherwise I have certain strong opinions that will require me to sit on my hands for the duration of this case.

It seems like a lot of baby and child deaths happen at the hands of the boyfriend -- and sometimes girlfriend -- who isn't related to the little one.
Just pointing out my opinion.
So sad and it occurs over and over.
Again IMO.

It seems like a lot of baby and child deaths happen at the hands of the boyfriend -- and sometimes girlfriend -- who isn't related to the little one.
Just pointing out my opinion.
So sad and it occurs over and over.
Again IMO.
I wonder if childcare was not so expensive and more widely available if this would not happen so often.
Not everyone is a good judge of character, some people are naïve & trusting. Some people are desperate for a break and just need some help. I'm trying to be compassionate and understanding...
But I am also so sick of this happening over & over again.

I am struck once more, as in so many of these cases, by the fact that the boyfriend had only been in mother's life for four months, had only begun residing with the mother and child two weeks prior to little guy's beating death, the fact that he was "babysitting" this child while mother was at work, the fact that she still wants to believe her son's death was accidental as of the interview date, and the fact that there were 67 message between them that afternoon. I hope those messages from the mother were things like CALL AN AMBULANCE! TAKE MY SON TO THE ER! etc. :(

yes but wouldn't the average person stop texting, call 911 and leave work immediately???

yes but wouldn't the average person stop texting, call 911 and leave work immediately???
I don't disagree. I am not sure why she felt a need to delay and get her supervisor involved unless she didn't know the extent of her son's injuries and was worried about losing her job.

She doesn't seem to have made good decisions throughout.

I don't disagree. I am not sure why she felt a need to delay and get her supervisor involved unless she didn't know the extent of her son's injuries and was worried about losing her job.

She doesn't seem to have made good decisions throughout.

yeah that's why I wanna see those texts

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back