Identified! FL - Crescent Beach, WhtFem UP3036, 30-50, burr holes in skull, Apr'85 - Mary Alice Pultz

When I read the description of the UID's historical injuries I instantly thought of Billie Jean Hall, and I see Sleuthster was on the same page. I tried to estimate the distance between Hall's last known location and where this body was recovered, and it is only about 40 miles [I couldn't find "Crescent Beach, FL" so I selected "Crescent City, FL", I hope they are close]

Although the postmortem estimate is years, and Hall was only missing for 3 months, I think there are general consistencies strong enough to submit this one as a possible match for our UID? Could someone do that for us?

Did anyone ever submit this possible match?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst...e-seek-help-identifying-remains-found-in-1985

4:04 PM, Nov 28, 2012

11282012_remains1.jpg

<snipped>
Payne said examination of the remains at the University of Florida determined they possibly belong to a white female. She would have been approximately 5'7" tall and had light brown or blonde hair.
Detectives believe the woman was between 20-40 years of age at the time of her death. Police also believe that woman was killed one to five years before her remains were found.

Patricia Ann McGill has quite similar looking teeth
mcgill_patricia.jpg
11282012_remains11.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mcgill_patricia.html

And her height is right.

But at 41, she's slightly older than the 20-40 age range. Her hair appears darker than the Blonde/Brown specification. She is missing from the opposite end of florida (over 300 miles away). And there's no mention of brain surgery.

What about Joy Diane Cannon, missing 1982 from Chattanooga, Tennessee?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1716dftn.html

She's 5'6" with brown hair, age 26, all within range, and has multiple healed fractures. No mention of a skull injury, though.

I think they look kind of similar.

Attachments

• DJCannon.jpg
    DJCannon.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 11282012 FL 1985.jpg
    11282012 FL 1985.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 24
Sniped from above article...

Detectives believe the woman was between 20-40 years of age at the time of her death. Police also believe that woman was killed one to five years before her remains were found.

NamUs lists the age as 30 to 50
They previously said 15 to 35

I wonder what is accurate?

Sniped from above article...

NamUs lists the age as 30 to 50
They previously said 15 to 35

I wonder what is accurate?

I suspect they can't determine more than "adult woman."

The early estimate often gets refined when they get detailed forensic results back. I would say the later estimate is more likely to be accurate. But that's just my opinion.

I also had found Billie Jean Hall and submitted her this week to Namus.. Pamela Reed ( with Namus) responded today and thinks it is worth a comparison and has sent the Dentals and information to St Johns County for comparison. Billie Jean Hall had brain tap/ likely one burr hole if not more, and several other fractures.. the time frame fits her going to Florida as well...

Thats a good find but I dont think she would have been missing long enough. The newspaper article says 1980-1984 and name us has the doe there for "years".

I agree that that time seems too short - maybe two weeks - Although a body could skeletonize quickly in the heat. However the description from Name US Below -- also seems like a highly likely match.

Large vertical surgical scar on abdomen, deep wide horizontal scar on buttocks, faded scars on chin and hands. Scar on skull from surgical tap.
Billie had frctured fingers previously. Billie had a tap through her skull following her traffic accident

What makes you think that it is not that old?

As a point of reference I have observed a deer carcass in the northeast (near Catskills) become skelatal over 2 months in a mild winter. So this could be faster in Florida. Only the hair, bone and minimal tissue remained.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back