OK Foss lake Discovery

Finally, 13 months later:

http://kfor.com/2014/10/22/medical-examiner-identifies-all-6-bodies-found-in-an-oklahoma-lake/

After DNA tests, the Medical Examiner’s Office has identified the remains of all six individuals recovered from the vehicles.

According to the Medical Examiner’s Office, the bodies recovered from the 1952 Chevrolet have been identified as John Alva Porter, age 69, from Elk City, Oklahoma; Cleburn Hammack, age 42, from Sayre, Oklahoma; and Nora Marie Duncan, age 58, from Canute, Oklahoma.

Bodies recovered from the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro have been identified as Jimmy Allen Williams, age 16, from Sayre, Oklahoma; Leah Gail Johnson, age 18, from Sayre, Oklahoma; and Thomas Michael Rios, age 18, from Sayre, Oklahoma.

I guess I found this thread just in time! haha. Good to know they all have been identified and their families know what happened. Still cant believe the luck of those people finding 2 cars full of people in one day in one spot lol.

All I can think is maybe the lake being higher in 69 as well as perhaps the way the forest looked then was particularly confusing. Maybe it got changed slightly due to complaints from people who almost drove into the lake. Or maybe the scene just naturally changed and became more obvious. That's all I can think of to explain two such accidents relatively close together.

If they're not accidents, I hope some proof is found so people will know what happened.

Looking at the way that road is configured, I'm not surprised they found two cars in the lake. I'm very surprised that they found ONLY two cars. Maybe in '71 someone finally decided to install a sign that said "Boat Ramp."

We have our share of lakes here in Michigan, and there are plenty of very similar roads/boat ramps. My uncle actually drove my great-grandparents' car into Lake Michigan one night as a teenager. It happened to be a very shallow area, so he was able to get out.

I live in SE Florida and cases like this are all too common. We have so many canals and waterways that cars have gone into not to be found until years later. Every year missing people are found in vehicles submerged in bodies of water. There are just too many places for a driver to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was a 911 Police Dispatcher and I remember one case that has haunted me for years. A young woman left a bar intoxicated and got into her car and never made it home...which was only blocks away. Several calls came in to Dispatch that a car went into a canal and a woman was heard screaming and possibly trying to kick out the windows. Some of the witnesses were homeless and I don't know if that was a factor in what happened. No dive team was sent until I believe the next day. The female was found drowned inside her vehicle in the canal. The next night I got off work at 3am and I drove to the site. It was in an industrial area deserted parking lot. I could plainly see the fence and shrubs were knocked down by her vehicle. I can just imagine that the victim was driving while intoxicated and did not comprehend that the parking lot ended by the canal until she was in the water and it was too late. Years later I received a 911 call from a woman who drove into a canal, her car was sinking and she didn't know how to swim. It was horrifying. I talked her into getting out of her car and she was rescued standing on the roof of her car by passerbys. I believe all states should implement emergency instructions on how to handle this situation during the initial driver license process. South Florida does have a volunteer program that goes out and searches the endless canals and waterways for submerged vehicles. I believe they are in need of equipment like sonar and experienced divers. Many cold cases could be solved if there were more organizations like this one which has solved several cold cases.

I live in SE Florida and cases like this are all too common. We have so many canals and waterways that cars have gone into not to be found until years later. Every year missing people are found in vehicles submerged in bodies of water. There are just too many places for a driver to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was a 911 Police Dispatcher and I remember one case that has haunted me for years. A young woman left a bar intoxicated and got into her car and never made it home...which was only blocks away. Several calls came in to Dispatch that a car went into a canal and a woman was heard screaming and possibly trying to kick out the windows. Some of the witnesses were homeless and I don't know if that was a factor in what happened. No dive team was sent until I believe the next day. The female was found drowned inside her vehicle in the canal. The next night I got off work at 3am and I drove to the site. It was in an industrial area deserted parking lot. I could plainly see the fence and shrubs were knocked down by her vehicle. I can just imagine that the victim was driving while intoxicated and did not comprehend that the parking lot ended by the canal until she was in the water and it was too late. Years later I received a 911 call from a woman who drove into a canal, her car was sinking and she didn't know how to swim. It was horrifying. I talked her into getting out of her car and she was rescued standing on the roof of her car by passerbys. I believe all states should implement emergency instructions on how to handle this situation during the initial driver license process. South Florida does have a volunteer program that goes out and searches the endless canals and waterways for submerged vehicles. I believe they are in need of equipment like sonar and experienced divers. Many cold cases could be solved if there were more organizations like this one which has solved several cold cases.

Welcome to Ws. Evianna13, thanks for the very interesting and enlightening post!

My daughter and her friend were murdered in August in Bache, OK. They were found in her car. I only say this because the only thing that I have been grateful for in this whole scenario of her murder was that she didn't just go missing. I can't imagine how these young peoples families felt all these decades not knowing what happened to their children. I don't know if their parents were still alive or not, I need to look for that information. I will never understand the mind of people that kill.

I'm from central FL. Growing up, I heard the story told many times...would've happened in the late 50s or early 60s....of a woman who drove her car off Hwy 50 between Ocoee and Pine Hills into Lake Lottie.The edge of the lake was covered in water hyacinths. They held her car up for a long time. Bystanders were begging her to get out and walk across them to help. She couldn't swim and was frightened so she stayed in the car and went down with it and drowned before help arrived.

My daughter and her friend were murdered in August in Bache, OK. They were found in her car. I only say this because the only thing that I have been grateful for in this whole scenario of her murder was that she didn't just go missing. I can't imagine how these young peoples families felt all these decades not knowing what happened to their children. I don't know if their parents were still alive or not, I need to look for that information. I will never understand the mind of people that kill.

So very sorry this happened to you and your daughter. I do understand that knowing is some closure, no matter how little.

God loves you and so do I.

My heart goes out to you heartbrokenmom, sorry for your terrible loss, thanks for sharing.
:hug:

:grouphug: Sorry for your devastating loss. Prayers for comfort and peace to you and justice for your precious daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back