Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Missing From Home - Mom ARRESTED- Savannah #4

Our most precious commodity, innocent, vulnerable young children are being neglected by the very people who are in charge of overseeing their safety. It's a shame and it infuriates me. Who is going to protect these children if not DHS?

I know these agencies are extremely overworked and short staffed, maybe the Government should step in and divert some funds their way to help with this problem. We are speaking about the lives of innocent children, not something to be taken lightly.

MOO

Our most precious commodity, innocent, vulnerable young children are being neglected by the very people who are in charge of overseeing their safety. It's a shame and it infuriates me. Who is going to protect these children if not DHS?

I know these agencies are extremely overworked and short staffed, maybe the Government should step in and divert some funds their way to help with this problem. We are speaking about the lives of innocent children, not something to be taken lightly.

MOO
I agree, and it makes me so angry.

But overworked and short-staffed is no excuse -- I worked in child welfare for decades and there were times we literally only had six Caseworkers on staff. Even though we frequently had to scramble for coverage and at one point even our Deputy Commissioner had a caseload, there was never any question that child safety came above anything else. If it's something that matters, you figure out a way to do the job until there's more help available.

"Billie Howell, the mother of Leilani Simon, is now petitioning for custody of Simon’s two living children. Simon is the Chatham County woman accused of killing her 20-month-old son Quinton and hiding his body in a dumpster.

Court records show Howell has filed a petition for child custody.

It was filed at the end of March, before a congressional report on an investigation into Georgia’s foster care system was released. The report concluded mismanagement of the system led to the deaths and injuries of children - naming little Quinton among them."

More at link above.
I forgot Leilani had a small baby girl. But this "Grandmother" does not deserve these children. She has raised two murderers. Her negligence allowed her grandbaby to be murdered. I am curious on what grounds she thinks she will win. Hopefully these fathers are doing right by their kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back