GA GA- Randisha Love Katara Hamm, 17, Shot multiple times @ home, Fulton County, 12 January 2016

dotr

Reaction score
Jan 9 2022 By Veronica Fulton
Mother pleading for answers in daughter's 2016 murder, "Please, please, please say something." (nbcnews.com)
“Randisha was an outgoing young lady. She loved to dance, sing,” her mother, Katara Hamm, told Dateline. “She just loved to be around people, in general. She loved to smile. She loved school.”
randisha_-_main_pic.jpg

Randisha LoveKatara Hamm
''The 17-year-old was a junior at Westlake High School in Fulton County, Georgia. January 12, 2016 was a typical Tuesday. Randisha headed to school that morning and texted Katara from the bus''

''Katara and her three younger children had recently moved into the College Park neighborhood with Katara’s parents, after her eldest son went off to college. On January 12, 2016, Katara’s parents and one of her younger sons were in California for a funeral, while the other son was at basketball practice. That meant Randisha was home alone that afternoon.

“We had just moved there with my parents,” Katara told Dateline. “So I didn’t know any of the neighbors or anything like that.” After work, Katara said she picked her son up from basketball practice and stopped to pick up some dinner. She got an uneasy feeling on her way home.''

''Katara said she and her son got home at about 9 p.m., and as she gathered her purse and belongings from the car, her son went into the house through the unlocked door.

When Katara caught up to him, she said, “He was standing there with this crazy look on his face, like he was in a daze or something.”

Katara told Dateline she began calling for Randisha. She said her son looked at her, and looked down, and said, “Mama, she’s right there.”

Randisha was laying on the floor, in a pool of blood.

According to a 2018 interview with NBC affiliate WXIA, Fulton County Lieutenant Roger Peace said, “We learned she sustained and died from multiple gunshot wounds.”

Video at link. rbbm.
Randisha Love's mother still seeks justice in daughter's murder | 11alive.com
'Love you mommy' were the last words she said to her mother
''Three years after it happened, Katara Hamm is still haunted by it.
It was Jan. 12, 2016.
Hamm arrived home and found her teenage daughter, Randisha Love, dead. The 17-year-old had been shot five times in the face and torso.
There were no obvious motives for the murder. Nothing was taken from the home. The teen hadn't been sexually assaulted. There were no signs of forced entry into the home. ''

"They ripped my soul out of my body," Hamm said. "I think every moment of my child. And I just want to know - why did they do that to my baby? Why - just why? She didn't deserve that. They robbed the world of getting to know Randisha."
According to Peace, her phone records indicate that Love made two phone calls that day. One to her mom when she left her house and another to her mom when she was home.
“That would tell me that was somebody, who basically, kept to themselves," he concluded.

The subdivision she was living in with her mom, brothers and grandparents, wasn't a high-crime area, the investigator confirmed.

No neighbors recalled hearing any gunshots that day.

"We believe this happened during the time frame when most people would still be at work," the investigator said.

The medical examiner’s autopsy report showed that at Tleast three medium-caliber, yellow-metal bullets were recovered from Love’s body.

"It's still unknown of what the motive may have been or what transpired," Peace said. "Either she opened the door for somebody she knew from school or the neighborhood, or it was somebody who gained entrance to the house—either she didn't lock the front door, or she opened the door and let them in, or she opened the door and they forced entry."
''Investigators said they're still following a few leads in the case. They'd like to get more from the public - specifically 11th and 12th grade students at Westlake High School who may have heard rumors or had suspicions about what might have been happening around that time.''
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Fulton County Police at 404-613-6529.''

Last edited:
Moments that Survive: Katara
''Katara Hamm

In memory of Randisha Love
265a30ea958d3519bcd6a56a69fb1351.jpg

My only daughter was brutally murdered at the age of 17 in our home while doing her homework. She was beautiful, smart, intelligent and had a heart of gold. She was always smiling. My life was forever changed because of senseless gun violence.''

This is a strange one. I can’t even think of possible suspects.

The family was new to the area, she wasn’t sexually assaulted and there was no robbery. Furthermore, she had only made two calls on her phone and both were to her mom.

I hope LE has more info that they are keeping quiet about.

Last edited:
By Andy Pierrotti Published: Jan. 4, 2024
''Police said someone shot Love multiple times. No motives or suspects exist. Love was 17.

Hamm went from planning her daughter’s prom to planning a funeral in the same week. “It hurts so bad,” Hamm said. “I never got to see my daughter in her prom dress.”

After the shooting, Hamm fell into a deep depression. She lost her hair and was hospitalized after doctors found blood clots in her lungs. She now takes multiple medications for the conditions.

“There have been plenty of moments where I was like, I can’t live without her,” she said.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back