• walker_geral2.jpg
  • walker_geral3.jpg
Walker, circa 1992

• Missing Since10/02/1992
  • Missing FromDothan, Alabama
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Age26 years old
  • Height and Weight5'1 - 5'3, 120 - 135 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA black sweater, black tights and black shoes.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Walker has a gap between her two front teeth. She has a small scar on the left corner of her mouth and a Caesarean section scar on her abdomen.
Details of Disappearance
Walker was last seen in the parking lot of the the Salt and Pepper Lounge in Dothan, Alabama at 4:00 a.m. on October 2, 1992. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Couldn't find that lounge, but I suppose it closed since. Probably someone was wanted to drive her home and she was met with foul play. Dothan, Alabama has a population of 65.000 so they chances are big that whoever took her was no stranger and probably there are people who know who that person is but they aint talking or the evicence are not enough to press charges.

The Lounge was closed by the state in 1994 for being dangerous, people were being shot and the neighborhood homes robbed, at least that is what I think this court order is saying. Sanders v. City of Dothan

I thought I remembered this but wasn't 100% positive. I'd be looking into the men in her life or possible human trafficking.

I just learned about this case on a FB forum. Geral's daughter's fiance' posted asking for help and just spreading the word. There are no DNA comparisons in Namus and the gentleman confirmed that they have not abtained DNA from family to test, but that the family is interested in providing DNA. Another member mentioned GEDMatch, as a possible avenue. But does anyone have any tips we could offer to get LE to obtain DNA to upload into CODIS?

I'm interested in this as well. I'm going to pull on my boots and start wading through the internet :)

NOV 6, 2020
Family of missing woman still looking for answers three decades later

EVZOFVVY25CXVEKVWSVWUBEHCY.PNG

[...]

When her brother made it to the club no one was there. Geral was gone without a trace.

“I think it happened there at the club whatever happened to her. She was last seen there. I don’t think she went nowhere. She wasn’t abducted,” says Bobby.

“I wish that they would go back and talk to the owner, the lady that was running the lounge,” says Barbara.

[...]

Geral’s mother, siblings, daughters, grandchildren, and other family members keep her legacy alive with a candlelight vigil every year on her birthday.

They hope she will see them on tv and know that she is loved and missed.

A month after Geral’s disappearance, a possible revocation of business license was given to the owner after excessive police calls, assaults and shootings at the club.

The club was closed soon after.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Geral Denise Walker
NamUs #MP406
Original
Original
Original

Date of Last Contact October 2, 1992
NamUs Case Created November 7, 2017
Missing From Midland City, Alabama
County Dale County
Last Known Location Map
Missing Age 26 Years
Current Age 55 Years
Sex Female
Height 5' 1" - 5' 3" (61 - 63 Inches)
Weight 120 - 135 lbs
Race / Ethnicity Black / African American
Hair Color Black
Eye Color Brown

Circumstances of Disappearance Geral Walker went missing October 2, 1992, 26 years of age, from the Salt and Pepper Lounge in Dothan Al around 4am, and was never heard from since. She has 4 Daughters and 19 grands, there has been no updates regarding her location. Please help this family bring their loved on home. If anyone know anything please let us know. We want closure.

Geral Denise Walker – The Charley Project

(Updated) Details of Disappearance
Walker was last seen in the parking lot of the the Salt and Pepper Lounge in the 1200 block of Reeves Street in Dothan, Alabama at 4:00 a.m. on October 2, 1992. She had gone there for a night out, never arrived home and has never been heard from again.

It's worth noting that the Salt and Pepper Lounge had a reputation for criminal activity. Two people were shot and wounded there on October 10, just eight days after Walker disappeared, and in an incident in December of that year, three other people were shot and one of them, a security guard, died. The lounge closed in 1993, when its license was revoked due to excessive police calls, including responses to assaults, shootings and burglaries.

Walker left behind four children. It's possible she was abducted from the club. Her case remains unsolved.

I just learned about this case on a FB forum. Geral's daughter's fiance' posted asking for help and just spreading the word. There are no DNA comparisons in Namus and the gentleman confirmed that they have not abtained DNA from family to test, but that the family is interested in providing DNA. Another member mentioned GEDMatch, as a possible avenue. But does anyone have any tips we could offer to get LE to obtain DNA to upload into CODIS?
Any update on if the family has been able to submit DNA. As of 2021 her Doe Network page still doesn’t show DNA available. This is so frustrating! It doesn’t seem that her case has made it outside of Alabama. I’m trying to see if she could possibly be a Doe in NY.

lol
Do you happen to have a link to FB post?

Bumping case up. Hopefully LE has DNA in Codis by now? I hope her family will have answers. This is a very sad case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_thinking
Back