Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

The point you made in your earlier post was that CB removed his mask on one of the videos, revealing his identity.

This point isn’t included in your cite. In their recent court appearances, neither HeB nor MS made the claim that CB was seen in the videos. Given it was under oath, it’s unlikely the perpetrator of the offence showed their identity on film.
In accord with the difficulties presented in the current five case trial, it is exceedingly difficult to locate information regarding the 2019 trial in which CB was found guilty of aggravated rape and sentenced accordingly.
Initially it was my opinion that the smooth progress from start to conviction was because of ignorance of CB's role in MM's case. I have since partly amended that to realising that just seems to be the way court reporting is carried out in Germany.

However please be in no doubt that in part the discussion about the stolen rape videos has already been heard in a legally constituted German court and the witnesses who gave evidence in 2019 are those who have been called to give their evidence in the 2024 trial concerning other sexual offences.
Different trials and relevant evidence heard at each. Confusion may arise from CB's defence trying a 2019/24 mix and match?
Snip
The German, who was given seven years in jail for the sexual assault, is reported to have blindfolded and then beaten the 72-year-old with a metal pole after breaking into her house near Praia da Luz.

He is then said to have carried out the degrading rape, videotaping the whole ordeal and ripping off his own mask at the end of the attack before stealing cash and a computer, according to evidence heard at CB's trial last year in Braunschweig, near Hanover.

... according to widespread reporting of the case yesterday, a witness told how he had seen a horrific video of the sexual attack – which happened just a year and a half before Madeleine disappeared. The witness, an acquaintance of CB, said the elderly woman was bound, masked and whipped before being raped.
He said: ‘Then the man sat on the bed and pulled the mask off his face. I thought: That can’t be!’ He said he immediately recognised CB.

The cite included in my earlier post cannot have any relevance to the present 2024 five cases trial. Reference is is to the stand alone trial of 2019 when CB was unequivocally found guilty of the aggravated rape of DM. In which the clincher was not so much the witnesses allegation but the forensic evidence CB left behind him. The value of the witness statements was matching them with other evidence leading to the identification of a suspect who proved to be CB. In the DM rape it paid dividends in keeping a sadistic rapist off the streets.

Last edited:
It's a very difficult trial to maintain interest in. No court transcripts, no external consistent, detailed media reporting that can be trusted, the gaps in the court schedule, the less-than impressive and unengaging witnesses, the impression that things are just going round in tedious, dreary circles. The HaB case may drive more widespread and informed reporting but even then I feel it will be in a comparitively low key way.

The tabs will continue to tab but there's zero value in their 'reporting' from the perspective of those of us trying to follow and make sense of what's actually happening in court. And we've still months of this to go.
Very good points.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back