Golden Gate Bridge Suicides

This is the one that has stayed with me since he disappeared...
Joe Churchville Ricks III – The Charley Project
His brother adored him and searched for him, and he was very involved in trying to figure out what happen. Joe had SO many friends who loved him deeply.
What a beautiful person. So sorry. I always wonder what makes LE think people who are missing have jumped from the bridge.
1669279537684.png

you'd think there'd be more urgency..
I guess it's all about the money.....I know, it's harsh to say this, just trying to be realistic; there are many more bridges. Preventing this, as far as we (loved ones, the community) are able to, should start much earlier on.

I guess it's all about the money.....I know, it's harsh to say this, just trying to be realistic; there are many more bridges. Preventing this, as far as we (loved ones, the community) are able to, should start much earlier on.

Barriers have been proven to prevent some suicides, because some people change their minds when they realize the barrier is there.

We do need better, more easily accessible, mental health services. I think we need places people can just walk into to speak with a psychiatrist, receive a prescription, make a plan for the future, without being billed.

Do we know if this person has been identified? They arent in NamUs.

Do we know if this person has been identified? They arent in NamUs.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is the same woman. If so, she is not identified.

A possible match.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/552dmca.html- Oct 24, 1984- Frank Azpeitia- 27 years old- last seen in San Francisco and his casefile says he was suicidal at the time of his disappearance
5'8, mustache, listed as Hispanic, black hair, brown eyes.
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Caucasian male, Loud splash heard by fisher near South Tower of the GG Bridge, November 30, 1984, 18 - 35 yrs
UID 5'11, mustache, listed as white, brown hair, brown eyes.
That's probably not Frank. He had black hair and he was definitely not 5' 11". Closer to 5' 8" if anything. All during school he was under 5' tall. He didn't get a growth spurt until late in high school.

That's probably not Frank. He had black hair and he was definitely not 5' 11". Closer to 5' 8" if anything. All during school he was under 5' tall. He didn't get a growth spurt until late in high school.
Hi, thanks for joining us. I reckon you know Frank. Sorry that you have to endure the fact that he is missing.

A few inches off is never a reason to rule somebody out. It happens a lot. Same with the hair color, it's in the eye of the one who puts the info in/medical examiner. Sadly, there is no post mortem picture or a reconstruction.The gray strikes are interesting. Also having Basque ancestry he has a Spanish (Hispanic race) background, doesn't he, but he identified as white, with an olive colored skin maybe? The unidentified person is listed as white, with brown hair.

Pulling up Frank's Namus file The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs). where he is listed as white/Caucasian. Hair color: black.

I don't know where the Hispanic is coming from/who provided the information. It's in his Charley P. file Frank Azpeitia – The Charley Project and it should be corrected if it's wrong.

In the Doe Network file he is listed as white. 552DMCA - Frank Azpeitia

I wonder if somebody provided DNA in the mean time, because in the Doe Network file it says there isn't DNA on file and I can't check Namus, because the identifiers are no longer available to the general public. Maybe you know?

Here is Frank's websleuths thread. CA - CA - Frank Azpeitia, 27, San Francisco, 24 Oct 1984

Male, Black / African American
Date Body Found February 7, 2023
Location Found Sausalito, Marin County, California
Estimated Age Range 20-40 Years
5' 8"-5' 10" (68-70 inches), Estimated
Weight 150-175 lbs, Estimated
Black hair; Short, with tightly coiled texture.

Clothing/Foodwear
  • Red underwear, Brand: Caterpillar, Size: Small/On the body
  • Khaki pants, Brand: Riot Empire, Size: W30 x L30/On the body
  • Black belt, Brand: Akodemiks, Size: N/A/On the Body
  • Puma White/Grey SoftFoam+ running shoes, Brand: Puma, Size: US Wn's 9/On the body
  • Black socks, Brand: N/A, Size: N/A /On the body

1702210383054.png

Circumstances of Recovery
The subject was recovered from the bay waters of the San Francisco Bay floating face down. The subject was possibly an unrecovered Golden Gate Bridge jumper due to the relatively close proximity to the bridge.

All parts recovered, non-recognizable due to decomposition. No PMI.

The GGB's suicide barriers (nets) are finally completed.
In 2008, bridge officials began exploring the idea of installing nets and after settling on a design, officials had to come up with the money to build them. In 2014, Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District officials approved the project for $76 million.

Construction costs have risen to $224 million, Mulligan said. In a lawsuit filed against the district that year, Shimmick Construction Co. and Danny’s Construction Co., the lead contractors on the project, said the nets and other work on the bridge as part of the project would cost about $400 million.

Changes and flaws in the government’s design of the nets and deterioration of the bridge’s maintenance platforms raised the construction price, the companies said. The contractors say they have lost approximately $100 million on the project and spent another $100 million to pay expenses and laborers to ensure the project’s completion.

“At no point did we let the litigation, or the fact that we haven’t been paid everything we are owed, get in the way of the work,” Steve Richards, CEO of Shimmick, said in a statement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back