"HARD CANDY" who has seen this movie?

THE WOODSMAN is a great movie, with a brilliant performance by Kevin Bacon. (To me, to be "great" a film has to take me someplace I haven't been before. THE WOODSMAN's willingness to show the pedophile's p.o.v. means it has gone somewhere I haven't gone in my own mind.)

HARD CANDY--which to be fair also stars Patrick Wilson--is more a melodrama, not bad but not really of the quality of WOODSMAN. As someone pointed out above, it plays to our natural feelings about how pedophiles should be treated, even if in real life we wouldn't approve of vigilante justice. It also "feels" like it was based on stage play, even though I'm too lazy to look up whether it was. And I didn't really believe that by applying an icepack, she could convince him of something that wasn't really happening. (I'm trying to careful about spoilers here.) I also didn't believe the climax of the picture; IIRC, she still had far less than "proof beyond reasonable doubt".

ETA Oops! I posted the same, damn thing five years ago! Well, at least my opinion is consistent. Sorry about that.

Movie about pedophiles. Okay. No vigilante justice. But the amount of judgment from other people should compensate. At least pedophiles gotta be honest about what they've done and own up to it in real life after.

My husband and I just randomly watched it last night on demand......I can't believe I have never heard anything about this movie.......It stars a younger Ellen Page as a fourteen year old who targets an internet pedophile for her own kind of "justice"......definitely twisted and disturbing but very interesting indeed :eek:

I watched it when it first came out. That one scene gave me chills. Kinda like the soup can murder scene in the film Nowhere. Those are the kind of movies that I watch once and never again

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back