How will the BOT respond to the Freeh Report recommendations?

Snipping, but in general agreement

As a PSU alum, Myers' comments only serve to further alienate me from the 2011 BOT. I'm not a PS4RS supporter, but believe the 2011 BOT did not handle the events leading up to the scandal revelations, nor the aftermath in the proper manner.

This, to me, is the key. In May 2011, after the story was initially reported, apparently no member of the BoT said, "We need to hear this from our attorney." Myers was there.

I think I voted for Myers in the last 8 times he ran, but I am looking for another candidate this time.

While the BOT did the right thing in removing Paterno and the others from their positions, I disagree with the way Paterno was relieved, and shudder at many of the comments they have made post-scandal. I support PS4RS in searching for truth, but disagree that "clearing" Paterno should be the top priority. Doing what is best for the school, and learning enough of what happened to ensure nothing like this happens again should be the priority, regardless of where the search for the truth leads.

It may have been appropriate to have put Paterno on paid leave until retirement, on the basis that this is what they did for Curley (who was charged at the time).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back