J. Wood AKA Mr. Mantis, Manatee, etc.

I would appreciate people digging on this.

Today is my birthday. I would have received a call, no matter where in the world I was. She always knew where to find me. I did not get my call today, nor will I ever again. So, for my birthday, give me the answer to the unanswered questions. Give the proof that I know is out there. Help me put my friend to rest.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Melanie seemed like a one of a kind type of woman.

Help us help you!

As far as Wood is concerned - I think he is up to this to his eyeballs -- I am curious if anyone out there has anything to contribute on top of this?

I am coming in on this tail end - received info from the other way around and now reading these docs.

Oh Sigh - What Martini has posted seems to be correct. Not the "nice" guy - Friends with the Poff family and Patrick for many years etc ...

Also - as I am being told supposely did a lot of pay in cash business relating to construction - so this makes sense why we can't find any of it in public records!!!!!

I agree he may be much more involved than he presents, but the Poff family is very well respected and well thought of in the community from what I understand. Could be Wood has snowed many over the years.

I wouldn't know where to start. I am willing to assist in getting answers, just don't know what questions to ask that I haven't already.

Okay, Morgan said he wanted 4 more arrests. He thought there would be 2, would like 3 and thought that there may never be enough to charge the 4th.

He (or rather MS) now has the 2, the 3rd may be Tice, and the 4th that he said they may never have enough on would be the NUMBER 1 head honcho, JERRY WOOD.
IMOO

Shortest obit I've ever seen. Was there more printed in the local print media? Can you give us anymore information?

Here's the link to the PNJ entry..http://www.pnj.com/article/20101006/NEWS06/10060323/1001/RSS with no more info than the other one tho.

I wonder how this will affect the trial. Can testimony from the deceased be used? I re-read the interview with the deceased. The deputy states that LPG, Jr. says JW was the "mastermind". Noticed again that JW relays his memory issues, but is able to rattle off phone numbers. In my opinion his concerns with LPG, Jr. bringing over 2 black guys weren't so much centered on the guys being black, but that bringing them to his house would ultimately tie him to the plan. Sly like a fox.

Something else in the interview puzzled me. Why does LE bring up Tice's partner JP of HondaLand? JW states that he does not know him, yet he's been in the car biz all his life and all these car salesmen reside in Gulf Breeze.

Where do i start. Well maybe this will help. I am Jerry Woods daughter. Can confirm that how ever y'all would like. Let me start by saying, Ive know Pat Poff my whole life, I am now 25, was 19 when my father passed, and Pat is a creep. My father was indeed an alcoholic and probably not the best law abiding citizen. BUT facts: my father was in gulf breeze hospital in a coma during the murders. Hugh was my fathers best man when he married my mom, in the 80s. Pat looked up to my dad growing up as a father figure. MY FATHER WAS EXTREMELY SICK! The el camino, my brothers car. The police cleared my dad for a reason, he wasn't involved. I remember when my dad told me, Patrick is off, if he tries to call you or contact you stay away from him. I was 16, just came out as dating a girl, meeting my dad at his home on the water to go on his boat; me, my friend at the time and my father. We go to get on the boat and tabitha shows up, they start telling me I'm ruining the family name by dating a girl. They bad mouth her in front of me, and yet still expect us to get on the boat. I tell my dad, I love you but no. I get in my car and go to leave and Pat shows up and tries to block my car in (2000cougar) I floor it and he moves. Pat showed up at my brothers wedding uninvited in April 2007, My dad obviously under the influence of something following Pat around. I'm cutting my brothers wedding cake and Pat grabs my *advertiser censored* in front of my then girlfriend, I tell him **** you. He goes to shake my girlfriends hand and when she refuses he says "don't you know who I am". Pat, Hugh, Pam would love everyone to think my dad was the mastermind, I mean its not like anyone can prove it now. His interview with police- he is EXTREMELY racist, my mother left him for a black woman, I can attest to him never having blacks in the home. Its not an act, its not a show, he's old school, well was. I know this is 7 years later but it infuriated me to google my dads name and see this. I hope this clears some things up and if you have any questions i will be glad to answer. -Axl

*Sold used cars
*Because Pat was like a son
*Yes knew Hugh before Pat was born

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member