Found Deceased Mexico - Jake & Callum Robinson,Jack Carter Rhoad 30’s, Australian, & Friend, surfing trip in the Baja California, 28 April 2024

I don't see a post at the link, just his IG pictures. The article headline said 'Missing surfer’s chilling last message before vanishing'. That's the post I'm looking for. Or was it just clickbait.

Unearthed Instagram stories from Callum’s account include highlights from the group’s trip starting with one captioned ‘and it begins...’ and ending with a picture of the beach where the pair were reportedly last seen.

This seems to be what the news is describing as chilling or eerie.

The suspects could have just taken everything from the men, and left them alive and stranded. By the time the men got anywhere for help, the thieves could have been long gone. Their deaths are so senseless.
I keep wondering if drugs were involved. I can't imagine the brothers getting involved with drugs. One was a doctor and one was an athlete, but maybe they befriended someone shady who was involved with drugs. There is a photo of the 3 of them on the beach and a 4th person has taken the photo.

Unearthed Instagram stories from Callum’s account include highlights from the group’s trip starting with one captioned ‘and it begins...’ and ending with a picture of the beach where the pair were reportedly last seen.

This seems to be what the news is describing as chilling or eerie.
The dark colored SUV in one of the pictures...whose is it? Did they meet some other people/person? Vehicle also has a storage thing on the roof, so presumably a traveller.
seems the trio just drove together in the white vehicle (which was found burned)
"Chevrolet Colorado matching one the Australians had been travelling in was found in a farm.." seems to imply all three were driving this one.

And as mentioned above, who took the picture of the three of them together on the beach?

eta....maybe they did take 2 cars thinking about it.....if so where is it?

The dark colored SUV in one of the pictures...whose is it? Did they meet some other people/person? Vehicle also has a storage thing on the roof, so presumably a traveller.
seems the trio just drove together in the white vehicle (which was found burned)
"Chevrolet Colorado matching one the Australians had been travelling in was found in a farm.." seems to imply all three were driving this one.

And as mentioned above, who took the picture of the three of them together on the beach?

I read a little earlier that the police had seized a dark coloured 4WD. I have been trying to find the link again but am not able to find it at the moment.

imo

This article is paywalled for some, but for those who can see it, it contains aerial photos of the investigators around a well on a cliff. It says this is where the remains have been found. It looks like a very desolate spot.

The article also says that the remains of the 4th deceased person are likely a ranch owner who has been missing for weeks.

‘Fourth body’ found in well where Aussies surfers went missing

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> Is this sort of thing usually reported in the media? Terrifying, if not.

The American media was silent about the 3 surfers, and only started reporting on it about 3 days after the Australian media caught on. I know because I'm in the US at the moment and was searching for information. Had to keep checking the Australian sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
This article is paywalled for some, but for those who can see it, it contains aerial photos of the investigators around a well on a cliff. It says this is where the remains have been found. It looks like a very desolate spot.

The article also says that the remains of the 4th deceased person are likely a ranch owner who has been missing for weeks.

‘Fourth body’ found in well where Aussies surfers went missing

The fourth body was identified as a ranch owner who was reported missing two weeks ago, per officials. He owned the property where the bodies were found, the attorney general said.

Assuming the ranch owner didn’t fall into his own well, this sounds more like a cartel taking over territory than a random robbery.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Is this sort of thing usually reported in the media? Terrifying, if not.

The American media was silent about the 3 surfers, and only started reporting on it about 3 days after the Australian media caught on. I know because I'm in the US at the moment and was searching for information. Had to keep checking the Australian sites.
Pretty sure most murders in Mexico are not reported in US media unless it can't be avoided.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mexican authorities say there is a "very, very high probability" the three bodies found in the hunt for two missing Aussie brothers and their American friend are the men - with the bodies found 10m down a well.

"They were in a state of decomposition. That is why we have to run the genetic tests," Ramírez said. Meanwhile, one of the three Mexican people arrested in connected to the trio's disappearance has been named as 23-year-old Ari Gase

A fourth body was later found during the same search but 9News understands it is not related to the three other bodies found. It's understood the fourth body was found deeper down the well and had been there longer

Mexican authorities have revealed what apparently happened.

(paraphrased)
Baja California state Attorney-General Maria Elena Andrade Ramirez said that the perps tried to steal the white ute, someone(s) among the victims tried to stop them, so they were shot by the perps.

A burned tent of the victims and the remains of a surfboard were dumped near where the victims were found.

She says it was an opportunistic crime.

Three Mexican nationals have been charged with the equivalent of kidnapping. It isn't clear if there will be more charges. One has already faced court for the crime of forced disappearance.

Abandoned tents linked the suspects to the crime.

Callum and Jake's parents were scheduled to arrive in Mexico on Sunday.

It has taken 20 hours to retrieve the victims from the well.

Aussie surfers ‘killed in bungled robbery’ in Mexico, police say
(Jack Carter Rhoad is also included in the article, but as this is Aussie MSM the focus is a bit more on our Aussies. We don't seem to know a lot about him, except that he is from San Diego and is their friend)

Last edited:
Baja California state Attorney-General Maria Elena Andrade Ramirez said that the perps tried to steal the white ute, someone(s) among the victims tried to stop them, so they were shot by the perps.
So assuming this is indeed what happened, the perpetrators tried to steal the ute but ended up burning it and leaving it anyway? Such senseless killings… Seriously, senseless through and through.

Do we know whether Callum and Jake are their parents’ only children? :(

So assuming this is indeed what happened, the perpetrators tried to steal the ute but ended up burning it and leaving it anyway? Such senseless killings…

Do we know whether Callum and Jake are their parents’ only children? :(

If Callum and Jake were anything like some of us, they might have left their valuables locked in the ute while camping and surfing.

I don't know if the Aussie boys are their parents only children. But I have seen no mention (or family photos) anywhere of any other siblings.

Last edited:
If Callum and Jake were anything like some of us, they might have left their valuables locked in the ute while camping and surfing.

I don't know if the Aussie boys are their parents only children. But I have seen no mention (or family photos) anywhere of any other siblings.
Yeah, that’s true. The potential to gain “something” even without knowing what it might be is enough for some to commit heinous crimes—and I mean, there are people who are killed over nothing and for nothing at all, anyway, so I shouldn’t be surprised.

Thinking of Jake, Callum and Jack’s loved ones now, that’s for sure. And hoping if indeed the three have been killed that at the very least everything was over quickly. Such a nightmare to go from travelling to have a good time surfing with your friend/brother to… this.

Not much new info here except that the 4th body found was the rancher who owned the land and he had been missing for 2 weeks. (so a week longer than the 3 surfers) and all four were difficult to recover - it took 20 hours to recover them from a 50 foot well. All 4 bodies were at the bottom of the well on the rancher’s land.

The fourth body was identified as a ranch owner who was reported missing two weeks ago, per officials. He owned the property where the bodies were found...this sounds more like a cartel taking over territory than a random robbery.
RSBM
Yes, something was already going on right in that area where the surfers went, but I don't agree it's associated with a cartel: a cartel wouldn't have murdered gringo tourists and brought the FBI down on their heads.

I believe these were a trio of local young and dumb meth heads or something similar, who were hiding out in this area.

Unfortunately this is a pattern in Mexico: what appear to be wild and deserted places, may currently be a refuge for the lawless. Local Mexicans would probably know it was dangerous, but that local knowledge isn't communicated to tourists.

JMO

If you have an Apple Watch & IPhone you can set it up to take pix without another party doing so…

Daily Mail updated story

Baja California state Attorney-General Maria Elena Andrade Ramirez said a murder investigation has commenced and indicated investigators believe the trio were killed in an attempted robbery.

'When they tried to get the vehicle, the victims opposed the robbery, the robbers were armed with a firearm and apparently shot the victims,' she told 7News.

Shell casings were found at the campsite were the three men were last seen, a surfing spot known as La Bocana at Santo Tomas, local media reported.

Prosecutors have confirmed three people - two brothers, and a 23-year-old woman - who were arrested earlier this week have now been charged with a crime equivalent to kidnapping on Friday

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back