LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things I'd love to add to the timeline (a girl can dream on some of these):

1. When the woman at the dealership reported that he'd altered his license.

2. When he purchased his new vehicle.

3. His exact work schedule.

4. What port he worked out of.

5. What was seen on the video from the Advertiser cameras (and at what time).

Megsy, I totally just spent the past half hour trying to search these things on public record... unfortunately, my lexis/westlaw accounts are suspended for the summer since i am a broke law student. if only this was 6 weeks later, i'd at least be able to get you #2 & #4

sidebar... it's scary how much info law students have access to through these research sites. like i searched myself for fun and i found the last four of my SSN among other personal details. horrendous.

I honestly don't think we can pin down his work schedule without more information. If we assume (which I think is a bad idea) he would leave/come home on Wednesdays, and that he worked a 2-week hitch because of what was suggested in the press conference, his schedule would have looked something like this:

May 23rd-June 6th
June 20th-July 4th

We know he was in Texas on the 26th of May because he reported his truck stolen. And that he rented a car on May 31st.

I hope someone corrects my dates if they're wrong :)

But to answer your question, the fire you're talking about was reported on June 6th: http://www.katc.com/news/tool-shop-in-lafayette-burglarized-and-burned/

And we have to remember what some have explained about the offshore schedules. Sometimes employees have wacky schedules because they are 'on call' as opposed to '2 wks on/ 2 wks off.'
Also, if he had specialized training, he may have been sent to different rigs at different times, as needed.

ALL states have rural/wilderness areas. Also, someone being raped in the woods sounds like something out of a movie. I don't think if you're just walking on a hiking trail in Alaska, someone will come out and rape you. Aren't most rapes, date rapes? Hmmm, I wonder what Alaska's drinking rate is?

"An excellent example of media silence is info of abductions & rapes in national or state forests, eileenhawkeye".. Not very good for commerce/tourist bu$iness..

FYI:

The Frozen Ground...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWT406vD-qI"]The Frozen Ground - Movie First Look (2012) Nicolas Cage, John Cusack Movie HD - YouTube[/ame]

An Alaska State Trooper partners with a young woman who escaped the clutches of serial killer Robert Hansen to bring the murderer to justice. Based on actual events.

dejavu? Hiker Meredith Emerson, goes missing on Georgia's Blood Mountain on New Year's Day 2008. Law enforcement officers become concerned after finding a police baton with some her possessions on a trail. Dateline NBC's Dennis Murphy reports.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/the-mystery-on-blood-mountain-part-1/6wevjqz

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ftNG8296I&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLD561DF6E53C64F4B"]Rense & David Paulides - 100s Of Missing People In US National Parks Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

David Paulides has just released his new book Missing-411;
Missing-411 is the first comprehensive book about people who have disappeared in the wilds of North America. It's understood that people routinely get lost, some want to disappear but this story is about the unusual. Nobody has ever studied the archives for similarities, traits and geographical clusters of missing people, until now.

I don't know that he had to be in Texas on May 26th to report his truck stolen.

In many cities, if no one was injured in the crime, you can actually file a police report online. You never have to go into a police station or show ID or anything.

Also, when Brandon's girlfriends family member posted that thread all about him, including his picture and his RSO record, it was May 26th. And someone said to him, why post that stuff-- what if he sees this?

And the family member said " He is offshore for 2 more weeks still." So I think we know he was already offshore at that time.

I don't know that he had to be in Texas on May 26th to report his truck stolen.

In many cities, if no one was injured in the crime, you can actually file a police report online. You never have to go into a police station or show ID or anything.

Well that is true! Good point!

Dtl also had a fondness of graveyards. He used one specifically to watch multiple ladies in the Zachary area. Also where he went completely out of his norm and was believed to have killed a man as well.
?

Yep, and DTL abducted Trinesha Dene Colomb from her mother's grave in Scott. She had gone to the cemetery to visit her mom's grave and he attacked her....so sad.

I really wish we knew which cemeteries BSL was caught digging remains up at as a child or at least, what old cemeteries are around where he lives now and where he grew up. Has he lived in Latwell all his life aside from his military service & jail time? I guess I'm wondering more where he lived as a child for locals who went to school with him- was it always this land in Latwell?

Also, when Brandon's girlfriends family member posted that thread all about him, including his picture and his RSO record, it was May 26th. And someone said to him, why post that stuff-- what if he sees this?

And the family member said " He is offshore for 2 more weeks still." So I think we know he was already offshore at that time.

"2 more weeks" but he rented a car in Springs on the 31st? He must have been working landrigs?

This guy for sure is not going to talk. While in prison he had 4 or more appeals, he has at least learned to keep his mouth shut.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/...bor-recalls-bullying-Lafayette-murder-suspect

Police also were able to place Lavergne in and around the Whiskey Bay area where fishermen found Shunick's partly submerged bike in water May 25. The bike's rear tire was bent, consistent with having been hit by a vehicle, Craft said.

bbm
:banghead:

Good day, everyone. :seeya: Looks like it's that time again. Hold off on starting any long posts, and I'll be back shortly with the link to a new thread.

if he was so fond of graveyards....wasn't a cemetery on the route where mickey traveled...has that been checked?

if he was so fond of graveyards....wasn't a cemetery on the route where mickey traveled...has that been checked?

I think the cemetery angle could be very important. Maybe not THAT cemetery by the Saints Streets (I'm just assuming it was searched & I think it is frequented by a lot of people who would have noticed something), but maybe rural ones around Church Point....

Please continue here...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8127226#post8127226"]LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels