Lincolnshire Wildlife Park hatches plot to 'dilute' parrots' swearing

Luwin

Reaction score

Staff at a wildlife park are taking a high-risk approach to tackling its parrots' swearing problem.
Lincolnshire Wildlife Park made global headlines in 2020 after staff removed five African greys from display for swearing at visitors.
Since then, three more parrots have started to squawk expletives, prompting an urgent change in tactics.
Chief executive Steve Nichols said he was about to introduce them to the rest of the flock to "dilute" the swearing.

I adopted a pair of blue & gold macaws from a man who wanted to get rid of them because they weren’t breeding. I wanted them for pets, and we were able to tame them rather quickly.

In my home they spent most of their time in a chain link flight that was 12 feet long by 6 feet wide and 6 feet high, located in our basement family room. We had games and an air hockey table there and the birds enjoyed watching us play.

The man had owned them for 8 years, which apparently was plenty of time for them to pick up his bad language. The male macaw spoke very clearly and he loved to hang on the side of their cage and swear up a storm.

When friends came to visit we usually hung out in the basement, and the male parrot took great pleasure in swearing at all of our visitors. We were never able to change his habit even though he learned other new words.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back