Looking for long lost uncle in the US

Hello Websleuth members,

I wonder if you could help me out with something.

I live in the Netherlands. I have been searching for a family member (an uncle) for a long time now and my search on various websites such as FamilySearch.org have resulted in nothing substantial.

I am not very familiar with all the various databases in the USA so I am not sure what to do anymore so I thought I try websleuths.

Just a short background information: my uncle left Iran in 1979. He was in touch with his family in Iran for some time before he suddenly went silent. My family does not know why and what happened to him. They tried contacting him but no luck. They assume he has died, but we are not sure of anything. His sister is ill at the moment (suffering from early dementia) and would absolutely love to know what happened to her brother before it's too late for her. It's a very sad story.

As I live in the Netherlands and speak English I offered my family to help search for him.

I would really appreciate ANY advice you might have for me so that I can hopefully bring some closure to my family.

Thank you so much in advance!

I wish you well with your search and wonder if you had any luck with the address passed your way … many people came from Iran to the US in 1979 and a large number settled west – California and area. I’m hoping your family can give you information about the why and how of his leaving … did he have a sponsor ... the address or number family used to contact him, what was his work … if he was a citizen then you will find documentation, the Swiss Embassy might be of help with that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back