Identified! MD - Bel Alton, Blk(or Bi-Racial)Fem 25-35, UP2716, no dental work, light complexion, Jun'98 - LaQuanda Williams

Investigators are planning reach out to D.C. residents for help and ask, “'Hey, did you know Niecey?'” Shankster said. “Did you know her in the summer of 1998? Do you know who she was hanging out with? Was she dating someone? Did she have enemies?”

The Charles County Sheriff’s Office is working with D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department, and they have some new leads, officials said.

“Now that we have a wealth of information, we feel energetic about it — optimistic, for sure, and working with the Metropolitan Police Department, I think we’re going in the right direction,” said Detective Sgt. John Elliott.

A lot has changed in the part of Bel Alton where Williams’ body was found. Trees and brush were cut, and the old house was torn down. The commitment to closing the cold case remains the same, officials said.

“We never stop pursuing justice for our victims,” an investigator said.

View attachment 492431

''Cold case update: Investigators identify woman found killed on Maryland farm in 1998​

LaQuanda Williams was the woman found dead on an abandoned farm in Bel Alton, Maryland, in June 1998. Investigators are now trying to find people who knew her in their attempt to find her killer''​

By Megan McGrath, News4 Reporter • Published March 22, 2024​

''Finally, we know her name: LaQuanda Denise Williams.''
She was 31 when she died and had grown up in the Anacostia neighborhood of Southeast D.C.

Williams, who most people called Niecey, was “a compassionate giver who always served others with a smile. Though cut short, her life was a testament of grace and perseverance,” her family said in a statement.''

''Williams’ nude body was found hidden in some brush on an old farm in Bel Alton, off Crane Highway, on June 18, 1998. The location is south of LaPlata, off Route 301. There was an abandoned house and three motels nearby. Investigators don’t know if she was killed there or somewhere else.''

View attachment 492432
''On the very night the story aired, Deputy Director Noelle Gehrman of the Forensic Science Section got a tip from a family member, indicating they had just watched the story on television and that Jane Doe might be their relative.''
Her teeth look great in the picture and also like a full set. I wonder what happened before she died. What caused the decay and broken teeth? Was she transient or in a DV situation the months or years before she was found dead?
I am so happy she has her name back. And I hope they find her killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back